Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

Ben Masada

So Jesus prayed to Himself?

Yes, he did when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane asking God to remove from him the cup of the crucifixion. He prayed three times. As he realized that the Lord would give him no answer, he said: "Be thy will done, not mine." What was Jesus' will then? Obviously, he did not want to walk the "Via Dolorosa." True that he ended up by having to but, the point is that, as we all can see, it was against his will. Bottom line, Jesus did pray for himself but the Lord did not listen to him.

Ben Masada

You already admitted long ago that you follow the NT, on an as needed basis.

You cherry pick from both the NT and the Tanak to fit with your worldview.

You are totally mistaken. I could have never admitted to follow the NT. I must have said that I accept 20% of the NT as true from Jesus or about him but, 80% of it is composed of anti-Jewish interpolations with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

Apple7

You are totally mistaken. I could have never admitted to follow the NT. I must have said that I accept 20% of the NT as true from Jesus or about him but, 80% of it is composed of anti-Jewish interpolations with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

Tell us which scriptures fall into that 20% category that you believe as true.

Hawkins

it's all about the mystery of salvation.

The most important part of God's message is that how you are saved, from a said judgment.

Exodus 12:15 (NIV)
For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel.

Exodus 12:19 (NIV)
For seven days no yeast is to be found in your houses. And whoever eats anything with yeast in it must be cut off from the community of Israel, whether he is an alien or native-born.

Exodus 30:33 (NIV)
Whoever makes perfume like it and whoever puts it on anyone other than a priest must be cut off from his people.'"

Exodus 30:38 (NIV)
Whoever makes any like it to enjoy its fragrance must be cut off from his people."

Exodus 31:14 (NIV)
"'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people.

So are you saved or not?

If salvation doesn't matter, the Jewish God becomes a dummy for humans to choose to believe or disbelieve. It remains your blasphemy to continue to breach so.

If salvation matters, then you need to obey the Mosaic Law in order to meet the requirement. How many of you today still abide by the Mosaic Law?

Even in the case the only the Jews are saved, it doesn't make any sense as there are only 20 million Jews today in comparing to 7 billion gentiles. Again, the Jewish God is portrayed as a dummy who has nothing to do with the 7 billion gentiles, and thus for them to reject.

So continue with your blasphemy to preach God as a dummy to see your doom, or take the warnings that;

Revelation 2:9 (NIV)
I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 (NIV)
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought you knew scripture...Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

I do and am very familiar with Phil 2.

You're using a bad translation of that verse.

GOD cannot make Himself 'nothing'.
Everything would cease to be.

Apple7

Yes, he did when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane asking God to remove from him the cup of the crucifixion. He prayed three times. As he realized that the Lord would give him no answer, he said: "Be thy will done, not mine." What was Jesus' will then? Obviously, he did not want to walk the "Via Dolorosa." True that he ended up by having to but, the point is that, as we all can see, it was against his will. Bottom line, Jesus did pray for himself but the Lord did not listen to him.

Then we must conclude that you take the Gospel accounts as part of the 20% of the NT that you trust as true.

God's Truth

I want to see you can actually defend your assertion.

As of right now, you are no different than Ben...all you do is assert your opinion on scripture...neither of you actually defend scripture....instead you run from it...and bark out excuse after excuse.

Impress us for a change...

Jesus explains about judging others for what you are guilty of.

How about this, instead of you merely saying, "Those scriptures do not say that"...how about you post the scriptures I gave and you tell me HOW it does not say that and what it really says.

Apple7

How about this, instead of you merely saying, "Those scriptures do not say that"...how about you post the scriptures I gave and you tell me HOW it does not say that and what it really says.

You want me to explain your verses for you?:chuckle:

Apple7

Again, merely telling someone that they are wrong...that is not a defense.

Here's one of your verses...

ουτως και γεγραπται εγενετο ο πρωτος ανθρωπος αδαμ εις ψυχην ζωσαν ο εσχατος αδαμ εις πνευμα ζωοποιουν

No mention that Jesus is The Holy Spirit anywhere in it...

Apple7

Here's another verse that you hand-selected for your assertion...

και το πνευμα και η νυμφη λεγουσιν ερχου και ο ακουων ειπατω ερχου και ο διψων ερχεσθω ο θελων λαβετω υδωρ ζωης δωρεαν

Again...absolutely no mention that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

What have you been smoking...?

6days

Bottom line, Jesus did pray for himself but the Lord did not listen to him.
Ben.... The scripture does not say the Lord did not listen. Scripture does tell us that God, is not going to give a "yes"to every prayer though. Jesus' prayer is totally consistent with his humanity.
And, yes, of course Jesus prayed for Himself. He would have done so daily I would imagine. He taught us to pray for ourselves too.

God's Truth

Here's one of your verses...

ουτως και γεγραπται εγενετο ο πρωτος ανθρωπος αδαμ εις ψυχην ζωσαν ο εσχατος αδαμ εις πνευμα ζωοποιουν

No mention that Jesus is The Holy Spirit anywhere in it...

That scripture says that Jesus is a life giving SPIRIT.

That Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

There is ONLY ONE SPIRIT.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

The scripture says plainly that there is ONE SPIRIT.

You keep saying there are more!