On Rape

glorydaz

a woman lying in a hospital bed, in a coma, is raped (think Kill Bill)

is she responsible?

would it shock you if i told you that i could argue yes?

Nothing would shock me about you, Res, but I don't know anything about "Kill Bill".

Let's see. If she'd have stayed home....if she'd have taken care of herself....If she'd have filled out a do not resuscitate order correctly....If she'd have WHAT, Res? What, in your little warped mind, would make her responsible for her own rape? ;)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Nothing would shock me about you, Res, but I don't know anything about "Kill Bill".

Let's see. If she'd have stayed home....if she'd have taken care of herself....If she'd have filled out a do not resuscitate order correctly....If she'd have WHAT, Res? What, in your little warped mind, would make her responsible for her own rape? ;)

i'll try to flesh it out tomorrow, but briefly, the society we create/allow to be created/choose to live in - it comes back to the OP vis-a-vis
rape culture and the societal changes that have created it

now i really gotta go or the librarian is gonna whack me

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

If she would only dress like this and always avert her eyes and be accompanied by a man:

U47P5029T2D524770F24DT201211091518531.jpg

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
no, they get raped too - for similar reasons - the society they have allowed to exist

Im not getting what you mean by the "society they have allowed to exist"

Im pretty certain in a society where a woman dressed like that can be raped and then stoned for it "being her fault" because she lookedat someone, aren't the ones making the rules in that society.

So how on earth could that be her fault?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am interested in reading your reasoning. I am not going to make any emotional responses.

I do have my own theories as to how a rape culture was created. The woman individually may not be responsible, but the cancer of feminism and political correctness feeds into it. It has created an atmosphere of resentment and misogyny.

I am a veteran and manage many military themed boards. Feminists tend to try and strip away from these old salts many of their traditional practices because 'they are not politically correct'. They get very resentful. I have seen many fights break out on these boards. I ban the PC feminists to keep things running smoothly.

Also a part of this culture of rape and misogyny is the proliferation of men making themselves into 'mock women'--replacing women with themselves.

Quetzal

I cannot think of a single situation where a rape of a woman is the woman's fault. Further, there is no situation where it is justified and anyone who argues otherwise is mentally ill.

glorydaz

I cannot think of a single situation where a rape of a woman is the woman's fault. Further, there is no situation where it is justified and anyone who argues otherwise is mentally ill.

Well, I know you may not like this, but I can think of some instances where rape is the woman's fault. I know....women are supposed to have the right to strip naked and do a pole dance at a frat party with a bunch of drunk college men and not get raped, but the fact remains....it would be her fault if she ended up getting raped.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

well, unless the guy buys an expensive dinner and a movie.