Old Covenant Or New Covenant-Not Both

Truster

I said
That's good. Me to.

[Jhn 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own [authority]; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

Then why is the OP not about One Covenant?

Truster

I said
The OP is to warn some. That try to mix the two covenants together and put Jesus in the old testament. which He wasn't. And to show their are two different covenants.

The Yah Shua was in Eden. Who else came to seek and to save that which was lost?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

There is a new covenant. The old covenant, and the Law and the Prophets, have not been abolished. We are to keep and teach God's Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
We are to keep Gods new commandments in the new testament, not the old commandments in the old testament. Old covenant obsolete, old commandments annulled, old law changed.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The old covenant is to teach by punishment. The new covenant is to teach by love. Two totally different ways. The old covenant the people worshiped in the flesh. The new covenant people worship in the Spirit.
Shalom.

God's Law is about love of God and love of our neighbor, our fellow Jew, our fellow man.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
We are to keep Gods new commandments in the new testament, not the old commandments in the old testament. Old covenant obsolete, old commandments annulled, old law changed.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

What Commandments do you believe that Jesus was talking about in Matthew 5:17-20? Do you recognize that Jesus was speaking about the Commandments in the Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

What Commandments do you believe that Jesus was talking about in Matthew 5:17-20? Do you recognize that Jesus was speaking about the Commandments in the Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Everything up until John the Baptist was the law.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Everything up until John the Baptist was the law.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

I have heard this before. Is it true?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I have heard this before. Is it true?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Many things are hard to accept if you don't know the Holy Spirit. But when you can pray and the Holy Spirit answers you with a verse, then you will be in the meat understanding. What I am doing for all is demonstrating the Holy Spirit.

[1Co 2:1-6
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Many things are hard to accept if you don't know the Holy Spirit. But when you can pray and the Holy Spirit answers you with a verse, then you will be in the meat understanding. What I am doing for all is demonstrating the Holy Spirit.

[1Co 2:1-6
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

Shalom.

I do not know what to make of what you have said here.

The Spirit of God dwells in me, and it is different from the things that you say.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not know what to make of what you have said here.

The Spirit of God dwells in me, and it is different from the things that you say.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
I don't doubt there is a spirit in you but its not God.

[Jhn 5:37-38
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I don't doubt there is a spirit in you but its not God.

[Jhn 5:37-38
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
Shalom.

Each of us have a spirit given to us by God. Then there is the Holy Spirit. See Romans 8:9.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Each of us have a spirit given to us by God. Then there is the Holy Spirit. See Romans 8:9.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
You were born with a guardian angel(spirit) and the devil. If we are blessed we find the Holy Spirit and He only quotes scripture.
[Jhn 14:25-26
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You were born with a guardian angel(spirit) and the devil. If we are blessed we find the Holy Spirit and He only quotes scripture.
[Jhn 14:25-26
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Shalom.

What you have said here is incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob