No power to save anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

No, it fits those like you who "in works they deny him" as in (Romans 4:4 KJV) just as the "disobedient" who have never had the "obedience of faith" (Romans 16:25-26 KJV) "and unto every good work reprobate" as "they that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:8 KJV).

We sure get to find out on threads such as these who believes that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and who doesn't! Telling...very telling.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

The orthodox always take up with the Catholics. Pay it no mind.

john w

Hall of Fame
'You want to pretend that your own personal read on the Bible is the standard by which everybody else's faith in the whole world should be judged, go right ahead, but it's not going to sound convincing to most people, and you haven't convinced me.

Should we be convinced of your "impersonal read?" What is the alternative to "personal" read? Translated: You've "said" nothing.

Thanks for checkin' in.

john w

Hall of Fame
Mid Acts still stuck in the letter 2Cor 3:6, teaching a literal flesh and bloody cross that has no inheritance John 3:6, Matt 11:11, perverting/literally the metaphoric death that takes place through spiritual birth that no longer partakes willingly of the kingdom of flesh Romans 7:18, Repentance involves the inward sacrifice of ones thinking which is a rebirth beyond the mental and intellects ability to discern parabolic teachings that gives life to the dead letter instead of taking it, John 1:17, Galatians 4:24-28, Luke 17:20-21 point to a kingdom not of this world John 18:36, Colossians 1:12, that "none observable inheritance" that leaves the flesh and blood tomb behind, no cloud watching required, or fear based doctrines of exclusive club mentality like Mid Acts and countless other flesh based religions with a facade of spiritual grace.

Translated...
rasta.jpg

Zeke

God only gave Mid Acts one bullet of grace, like Barny Fife they can't be trusted with anymore.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You dare to accuse other Christians of not having the faith that anyone who calls himself a Christian has, and accuse those of us who actually take the rest of Scripture seriously, and don't ignore all the parts that contradict what you say, as condemned. It's unbelievable!
Try and keep up. The man called himself a Christian yet does not believe the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. His direct quote, "the cross has no power to save anyone". He believed NOT the glorious gospel of Christ and is blinded, just like you are 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV. He is not in the faith, just like you. And I believe all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) whether it was written FOR me (Romans 15:4 KJV) or directly TO me (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

musterion

Did the biker guy mean "cross" as in Christ's death and on cross for us, or the actual piece of wood that now no longer exists (even though some Catholic sharpies in Rome tried selling me a miraculous chunk).

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is obvious that she misinterpreted it, because what it clearly says is that those who profess to know God, but do not follow up with good works, but do abominable and disobedient things, are reprobate. It actually couldn't be clearer.
That's not what it says. That's what YOU SAY it says. The verse fits you like a glove.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

You profess you know God but in works deny Him as you work, work, work for your salvation rejecting the gift of God and deny the Lord who bought you, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate (those of us who are saved are in the faith and not reprobate 2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV!)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did the biker guy mean "cross" as in Christ's death and on cross for us, or the actual piece of wood that now no longer exists (even though some Catholic sharpies in Rome tried selling me a miraculous chunk).

He was preached the cross, not as a piece of wood, but as Paul preached it, as the event that took place in our stead (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV). He rejected IT as the power of God to save anyone. And as I mentioned in post #6 this is what he puts before it.

CONFESS YOUR SINS
ASK FOR FORGIVENESS
THERE MUST BE AN ACTION , ON THE PART OF THE SINNER BEFORE HE IS FORGIVEN

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mid Acts still stuck in the letter 2Cor 3:6, teaching a literal flesh and bloody cross that has no inheritance John 3:6, Matt 11:11, perverting/literally the metaphoric death that takes place through spiritual birth that no longer partakes willingly of the kingdom of flesh Romans 7:18, Repentance involves the inward sacrifice of ones thinking which is a rebirth beyond the mental and intellects ability to discern parabolic teachings that gives life to the dead letter instead of taking it, John 1:17, Galatians 4:24-28, Luke 17:20-21 point to a kingdom not of this world John 18:36, Colossians 1:12, that "none observable inheritance" that leaves the flesh and blood tomb behind, no cloud watching required, or fear based doctrines of exclusive club mentality like Mid Acts and countless other flesh based religions with a facade of spiritual grace.
Poor Zeke, still caught in the snare of the devil. I keep hoping you will recover yourself.

2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Most "Christian bikers" I run into face to face or online believe a perverted good news which is no good news at all (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV). They add this, that and the other thing as a step in salvation, but salvation is not a process. It is a leap of faith (Romans 10:17 KJV)! It is believing the event that took place 2000 years before we were ever born! It is trusting the Lord believing the good news of Christ declared by the apostle Paul; that Christ died for our sins, and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! That's THE CROSS! And today it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to ALL MEN!

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.