No power to save anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir, I get it. This isn't color-by-number.
2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV
I love our Lord, He is my master, and it is only before Him that I stand or fall, not you. 'You want to pretend that your own personal read on the Bible is the standard by which everybody else's faith in the whole world should be judged, go right ahead, but it's not going to sound convincing to most people, and you haven't convinced me.

It's not about your love (Galatians 1:3-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Ephesians 5:2 KJV)! You can "love God" until you are blue in the face, but until you trust the Lord believing what Christ did for you (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as all sufficient for salvation (Romans 1:16 KJV), you are not in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV). You are just religious, but lost (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Why did you enter a thread about the power of God to save when you deny it (Titus 1:16 KJV)?

brewmama

Why did you enter a thread about the power of God to save when you deny it (Titus 1:16 KJV)?

LOL! You posted a verse that says YOU are wrong! How rich! I bet you don't even get it...

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

heir

TOL Subscriber
LOL! You posted a verse that says YOU are wrong! How rich! I bet you don't even get it...

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
No, it fits those like you who "in works they deny him" as in (Romans 4:4 KJV) just as the "disobedient" who have never had the "obedience of faith" (Romans 16:25-26 KJV) "and unto every good work reprobate" as "they that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:8 KJV).

We sure get to find out on threads such as these who believes that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and who doesn't! Telling...very telling.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

glorydaz

I'll never forget when I understood exactly what the gospel of my salvation is. I let the words of the Bible speak and I let it sink in for understanding. When we do that, there are no contradictions, as heir points out everyday.

Heir, I get it. This isn't color-by-number. I love our Lord, He is my master, and it is only before Him that I stand or fall, not you. 'You want to pretend that your own personal read on the Bible is the standard by which everybody else's faith in the whole world should be judged, go right ahead, but it's not going to sound convincing to most people, and you haven't convinced me.

Here we have one who has learned to parrot the right words, and one who may not know the right words. I know the first is a pretender.

Being able to fill out the questionnaire "correctly" can sometimes be done by the fakes better than those who know in their own hearts they are saved. :chew:

brewmama

No, it fits those like you who "in works they deny him" as in (Romans 4:4 KJV) just as the "disobedient" who have never had the "obedience of faith" (Romans 16:25-26 KJV) "and unto every good work reprobate" as "they that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:8 KJV).

We sure get to find out on threads such as these who believes that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and who doesn't! Telling...very telling.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Just as I thought, you don't even understand the verses you throw out all the time. I have never seen such misinterpretation and twisting of scripture as you folks do. You dare to accuse other Christians of not having the faith that anyone who calls himself a Christian has, and accuse those of us who actually take the rest of Scripture seriously, and don't ignore all the parts that contradict what you say, as condemned. It's unbelievable!

Right Divider

Body part
Just as I thought, you don't even understand the verses you throw out all the time. I have never seen such misinterpretation and twisting of scripture as you folks do. You dare to accuse other Christians of not having the faith that anyone who calls himself a Christian has, and accuse those of us who actually take the rest of Scripture seriously, and don't ignore all the parts that contradict what you say, as condemned. It's unbelievable!
I notice that opinionated religious folks, like yourself, always rant and rave but NEVER actually articulate the scripture itself and its proper understanding.

brewmama

I notice that opinionated religious folks, like yourself, always rant and rave but NEVER actually articulate the scripture itself and its proper understanding.

Seriously? I quoted the verse "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate"

It is obvious that she misinterpreted it, because what it clearly says is that those who profess to know God, but do not follow up with good works, but do abominable and disobedient things, are reprobate. It actually couldn't be clearer.

Rant and rave? At least I don't neg rep people like you guys, and constantly tell other Christians that they aren't saved.

PureX

I was told today (among other things) by a "Christian biker", "THE CROSS HAS NO POWER TO SAVE ANYONE.".

:jawdrop:

At Paul's first sending the gospel of Christ was the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV), but by the close of Acts the due time truth that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth as it was revealed!
"The cross" refers to a couple of pieces of wood, long since disintegrated by nature. So it has no power to "save" anyone no matter how you interpret the word "save".

Condemning other Christians because they don't agree with some nonsensical poetic religious language that you prefer to spout off is just stupid and selfish.

brewmama

"The cross" refers to a couple of pieces of wood, long since disintegrated by nature. So it has no power to "save" anyone no matter how you interpret the word "save".

Condemning other Christians because they don't agree with some nonsensical poetic religious language that you prefer to spout off is just stupid and selfish.

Wow! I'm giving you a :thumb: for that!

Right Divider

Body part
Seriously? I quoted the verse "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate"

It is obvious that she misinterpreted it, because what it clearly says is that those who profess to know God, but do not follow up with good works, but do abominable and disobedient things, are reprobate. It actually couldn't be clearer.

Rant and rave? At least I don't neg rep people like you guys, and constantly tell other Christians that they aren't saved.
How does YOUR quoting this verse prove anything?

What do YOU think that it means?

Everyone should do good works, but good works to NOT get you salvation points that somehow add up until you get saved.

Paul makes this clear:
Eph 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
It is clear here the salvation is by grace FIRST, then we walk in good works.

Zeke

Mid Acts still stuck in the letter 2Cor 3:6, teaching a literal flesh and bloody cross that has no inheritance John 3:6, Matt 11:11, perverting/literally the metaphoric death that takes place through spiritual birth that no longer partakes willingly of the kingdom of flesh Romans 7:18, Repentance involves the inward sacrifice of ones thinking which is a rebirth beyond the mental and intellects ability to discern parabolic teachings that gives life to the dead letter instead of taking it, John 1:17, Galatians 4:24-28, Luke 17:20-21 point to a kingdom not of this world John 18:36, Colossians 1:12, that "none observable inheritance" that leaves the flesh and blood tomb behind, no cloud watching required, or fear based doctrines of exclusive club mentality like Mid Acts and countless other flesh based religions with a facade of spiritual grace.

brewmama

How does YOUR quoting this verse prove anything?

What do YOU think that it means?

Everyone should do good works, but good works to NOT get you salvation points that somehow add up until you get saved.

Paul makes this clear:
Eph 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
It is clear here the salvation is by grace FIRST, then we walk in good works.

So? Who do you think doesn't credit grace? Nobody. But to use that Titus verse as a hammer when you can't even read it correctly is just ridiculous.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV -

Right Divider

Body part
So? Who do you think doesn't credit grace? Nobody. But to use that Titus verse as a hammer when you can't even read it correctly is just ridiculous.
AGAIN, criticism with no correction....

No, many people believe that it's faith PLUS works to get saved in the dispensation of the grace of God. That is just wrong.

musterion

He wrote in ALL CAPS (sorry in advance) and here are a few of the things he brought up:

CONFESS YOUR SINS
ASK FOR FORGIVENESS

THERE MUST BE AN ACTION , ON THE PART OF THE SINNER BEFORE HE IS FORGIVEN

When I told him that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth he returned with, “U CANT BELIEVE WITH OUT CONDITIONS ... WHICH ARE TURNING FROM SIN”.

Lordship salvation includes those things. Every single denomination teaches some form and elements of L.S., whatever they may call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.