NFL 2017

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I’m a Ram fan. Won’t watch even when they get to the Super Bowl. Just not interesting enough anymore.
Then you're not a Ram fan. Just trying to prop up your agenda with that, because the Rams are looking pretty darn good right now and half the teams in the league are contenders for the SB at this point. It's a great year to watch the game.

Rugby is the man’s game Hip.
I like it. I've played it. But it's just another game. Football is superior as a spectator sport, to my mind.

Maybe you should start a rugby thread.

WizardofOz

I was at the Hilton in ny layover coming back to “the best city in the world” Honolulu. It was playing in the lobby.

What time was it, locally?

Saw the pathetic losers.
Good to know the Hilton in ny is keeping their mirrors clean.

Real Americans have abandoned that game. Even floyd mayweather doesn’t support the idiots.

Floyd Mayweather is your standard for 'real americans'? I understand better what you see in Trump, a rich guy with a big mouth.

Kindly post in the 'boycott the NFL thread'. You seem to be lost again.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
What time was it, locally?

Good to know the Hilton in ny is keeping their mirrors clean.

Floyd Mayweather is your standard for 'real americans'? I understand better what you see in Trump, a rich guy with a big mouth.

Kindly post in the 'boycott the NFL thread'. You seem to be lost again.

Mayweather represents blacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok, this could be one of the funniest things ever.

The Bengals agreed to trade AJ McCarron to the Browns. The Bengals notified the NFL at 3:55pm of the trade, but the Browns didn't notify the NFL until a few minutes after 4:00pm of the trade (the deadline was 4:00pm).

So, the NFL denied the trade. The Browns protested, and the NFL rejected the protest.

Only the Bengals & Browns could botch a trade.

And, not only are the Browns incapable of drafting a QB, they appear to be incapable of trading for a QB.

As for McCarron......he was probably sitting at home, and then breathed a huge sigh of relief when his trade to Cleveland was made void.

Sources: Bengals QB A.J. McCarron nearly traded to Browns

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For those of you keeping score:

The Cleveland Browns are currently 1-23 with Hue Jackson as the head coach.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Should be a fun weekend of games coming up for into and his unmerry band to bristle at. :D

A preview to follow in a bit. :thumb:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't seem like it's going to happen, but I'd actually love to see Kappernick in a Pats uniform. :idunno: NE would straighten him right out, plus he's got SB snaps, and a lot of gas left in his tank.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't seem like it's going to happen, but I'd actually love to see Kappernick in a Pats uniform. :idunno: NE would straighten him right out, plus he's got SB snaps, and a lot of gas left in his tank.

Colin Halfernigg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Lots of potential there, but he was NFL poison before he sued the owners. He should try Canada.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Started off the week with a loss as Buffalo once again proved to be a very different road team than they are at home and the Jests continued to show a little life out of a bye week, having played NE close the week prior.

A few important games this weekend. Atlanta comes into Carolina a 2.5 dog. Both teams need the win, are coming off a win, and are within striking distance of the division leader NO. Neither can afford to drop the game unless they're competing for WC, which in the NFC is a dangerous road to rely on.

Denver comes to Philly to make the case that they're more than a home team/altitude favorite. The Eagles will have a good test for their offense. The line is Philly and 7.5 as Vegas does their best to draw in some Denver green, one way or the other.

I have both games without the half pt that makes me nervous, but I could see Philly covering it. Carolina? Well they're at home, so maybe.

What else?

TB is at NO, where the Saints are another 7.5 fav. The Bucs are uneven, but they have talent and in an inverted Philly move, this game will tell us more about their defense.

KC @ Dal could be fun. Both teams could use the game to reclaim some momentum. KC is still 6-2, so you could argue Dallas needs the win more, sitting at 4-3. Maybe that's why they're a half point fav. It's a coin flip for me. Not much else of interest given the injury situation.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Team Rankings going into this week...considering injuries, etc.

1. Phil: they're what the Chiefs appeared to be through five games. Solid and getting better. 4th best offense, 10th best defense and the league's best record.

2. KC: the AFC Eagles, with one more glitch and a weaker defense, but still more consistent than anyone else in their conference.

3. Pit: if they keep playing with focus they might be at the top of this list before it's over. They have the talent.

4 . NE: worried about consistent play on defense still, but it's playing better and Brady is throwing to everyone.

5. NO: the NE of the NFC, except the offense has more balance.

6. Rams: you could argue for a higher position by the numbers, but I'm not willing to go out on that limb just yet. With Houston out they're fielding the best offense in terms of production and less than one pt away from a tie for 7th, defensively. That's potent, even if the qb position is a nervous one.

7. Sea: Wilson is on a tear this year, but he doesn't have a great o-line and they can't run. Also, it appears Houston found the recipe for their defense. Anyone paying attention?

8. Jac: dominant defense, productive offense. Is it time to take the Jags seriously?

9. Min: Bridgewater is coming back and the defense is solid. They need to play better on the road though.

10. Dal: talent and balance on offense, as long as Zeke is on the field anyway. Which he remains for now.

A comparative composite using USA Today, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, Yahoo, NFL.com, Bleacher, Fox Sports, CBS Sports

Composite

1. Phi
2. NE
3. KC
4. Pit
5. Sea
6. Rams
7. No
8. Min
9. Buf
10. Dal

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Didn't see a game today, but looking at my ESPN Pick'em account...

Lost the Buffalo game, as I noted. :mmph:

Took Carolina at home. :D

Went with the betting line for Philly and Jacksonville. :D :D

My upset of the week was taking Baltimore over Ten on the half point. A fg win by the Titans was golden. :D

Took Indy on the 12.5 spread when I locked in after Watson's injury. Felt like stealing. :D 5-1

The Rams over Giants was a no brainer and I rolled the dice with my faith in the Saints to cover against TB. :D :D 7-1

I though Arizona over performed, but that's life for you and it was a solid turn for me. :D 8-1

Then Seattle...I can't imaging what happened there. Either the hot hand of Wilson went cold or the secondary of Washington caught fire. Either way Cousins came out on top. :mmph: 8-2

Sadly, KC continued to stumble. I took the Boys in a picke'em to cover, but the Chiefs losing by double digits? Troubling. If not for me. :D 9-2

I have Miami to keep the pts closer, so it isn't looking good at present with Oakland right at the spread of 3.5, up 10-6.

Tomorrow? I'm taking an increasingly desperate if banged up Lions over the home Pack with their backup qb. If Detroit can't get that done stick a fork in them.

drbrumley

[MENTION=7640]Town Heretic[/MENTION] I'm 9-2, as of now heading to 10-2, but I'm in a 3 way tie no matter what happens tomorrow. I have 43 for the tiebreak. One has 42, and the other has 44...I'm thinking the tie break is going to doom me this week.