ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Right Divider

Body part
If you do not understand and rejoice in northwye's post, and the scriptures he presented, you cannot be right.
That post is like putting all of the verses in the Bible in a blender and hitting puree. Just a mess.

I was actually talking more about your general blindness to the truth.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The acronym is all I need to know about this doctrine;)

I do not even consider MAD to be a legitimate "doctrine."

It is nothing but a lying distraction and attempted deflection, to keep others from coming to genuine knowledge of the gospel Truth of the saving grace of God.

Levolor

It is nothing but a lying distraction and attempted deflection, to keep others from coming to genuine knowledge of the gospel Truth of the saving grace of God.

Scripture is so helpful. Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Christian Liberty

I don't disagree, but I was mostly joking with that post anyway:p

elohiym

No, the "old man" is not the testator. That is something that is completely unsupported by scripture. Something false doesn't become true just because you keep repeating it.

It's not false the old man is crucified with Christ; you are just not seeing how it applies to being the testator with Christ.

Why was the old man crucified? Why was the old man dead in sin, if he was not paying the wages of sin? How do you divorce the idea of dying for transgressions under the first covenant from being crucified with Christ and taking up your cross and following the Lord?

The revelation of the FULL meaning behind Christ's death, burial and resurrection was not revealed until it began to revealed by God to Paul in the Mid-Acts time-frame.

Something false doesn't become true just because you keep repeating it.

No, you are mistaken. But thanks anyway.

You mean Jesus was mistaken when he told people they had to be crucified with him because that undermines your MAD doctrine.

How did Paul follow Christ? Not as a Jew under the Law as the twelve had done, but as the Risen and Glorified Lord Jesus Christ.

When did Jesus ever tell the twelve that they were not under the law, but under grace? Romans 6:14-15

Paul taught believers to keep the law. Did you miss that? See Romans 13:8 et seq for example.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That post is a mish-mash of nonsense.

He/She is force-fitting their interpretation of scripture onto the scripture and not the other way around.
Act 3:19-21 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Rom 16:25-26 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
You'll remain confused until you understand the difference between these.

There is no difference.

Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Act 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

And, of course, Calvinism is your poison of choice!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, but Paul was not the only Apostle or spokesperson sent from God.
Why do we always here, "Yes, but..." coming from the religious? Paul was the apostle sent to you Gentiles (Acts 22:17-21 KJV). He was made a prisoner of Jesus Christ for "you Gentiles" (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV).

Right Divider

Body part
It's not false the old man is crucified with Christ; you are just not seeing how it applies to being the testator with Christ.
Keep up with the blender theology. It's wonderful.

Why was the old man crucified? Why was the old man dead in sin, if he was not paying the wages of sin? How do you divorce the idea of dying for transgressions under the first covenant from being crucified with Christ and taking up your cross and following the Lord?
You would not even KNOW about the "old man" and the "new creature" if God had not given Paul to write about it.

Then quit it.

You mean Jesus was mistaken when he told people they had to be crucified with him because that undermines your MAD doctrine.
Where to do find that in scripture?

Then quit it.

Paul taught believers to keep the law. Did you miss that? See Romans 13:8 et seq for example.
And yet we are not under the law but under grace. Isn't that interesting.