ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
John already addressed that quite ably, Tot.

I addressed john's address

In order to be conformed to the image of God's Son we must first be saved.

Unlike Calvin I do not believe this precludes others from being saved.

I do not believe in double predestiny

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That was easy.

It was also extremely disingenuous . . . anyone can cut and paste from another poster, to make that poster look like they said something they did not say or intend.

If I am not mistaken, I believe it was in that post, where you found your one-liner, that I presented scripture that says "Be holy, for I am holy" (I Peter 1:16), but even if it wasn't, I have many times presented that exhortation, as the basis for my belief that Christians should lead holy lives BECAUSE Jesus Christ was holy, and we are His ambassadors in this world.

And because, by the grace of God, the righteousness of Jesus Christ has been legally imputed to all the souls for whom He died, and because these are indwelt with His HOLY Spirit, every Christian can and will live a sanctified (holy) life.

I never said human creatures could ever be AS holy as Creator God, for they will forever remain creatures . . even in glory.

But holy living should and will be the evidence of our union with Christ. If one professes to be IN Christ, but does not walk in His Holy Spirit, that person's profession of faith is dead.

:carryon:

musterion

And btw, Threepio, this is why I even brought it up:

If one professes to be in Christ, but does not act holy as Christ is holy, that evidences what that professor is NOT.

That's Lordship Salvation talking there.

musterion

In order to be conformed to the image of God's Son we must first be saved.

That's right. And to become elect in Christ, one must first be saved. For us today, there is no election apart from Him, and being found in Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Whenever someone posts "three yards of Scripture" with no apparent
point to why, it just doesn't make sense! I, for one don't read the verses
posted! I read them out of the Bible! A forum is for discussion, opinions,
and to share thoughts and ideas! Not to cut and paste yards of verses or
anything else!

Get it LA! Perhaps no one ever explained that to you?

2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
2Pe 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
2Pe 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
2Pe 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
2Pe 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
2Pe 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
2Pe 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
2Pe 2:16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb *** speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
2Pe 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
According to Paul, PneumaPsucheSoma is outside the faith for adding to the gospel and he is to be accursed.

Doom

It was also extremely disingenuous . . . anyone can cut and paste from another poster, to make that poster look like they said something they did not say or intend.
Nope, not the least bit disingenuous. The little square blue box next to your name links the original posts.

Your statements easily stand alone. Are you now taking back what you said? Do you in fact believe that the evidence of salvation does not include acting as holy as Jesus? If so, just admit you misspoke and we can make some effort to determine what evidence there is that someone is saved apart from how they "act".

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's right. And to become elect in Christ, one must first be saved. For us today, there is no election apart from Him, and being found in Him.

You have your cause and effect backwards . . .

How does any sinner first become saved, apart from being redeemed by Christ, and what then is the necessary cause for anyone being redeemed by Christ?

Causes?

Human merit? No.

Works? No.

Faith apart from Divine Pardon? No.

So how does anyone get "saved" if all the above false "causes" are ruled out?

You give the answer in your last sentence, but you fail to realize this truth is the effect of Divine Cause, . . . not vice versa.

IOW's the cause of salvation is God's choosing to save unworthy sinners, and the effect is the salvation of all who are found to be chosen in the Son before the creation of the world. Ephesians 1:3-4

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nope, not the least bit disingenuous. The little square blue box next to your name links the original posts.

Your statements easily stand alone. Are you now taking back what you said? Do you in fact believe that the evidence of salvation does not include acting as holy as Jesus? If so, just admit you misspoke and we can make some effort to determine what evidence there is that someone is saved apart from how they "act".

I have already given answer to your scurrilous and unseemly charges.

I never said Christians should act AS holy as Jesus.

You have invented this sequence of words, and attributed them to me, but they are not my words, but yours.

I say Christians should be holy as Jesus is holy.

I did NOT post that Christians should be AS holy as Jesus is holy.

No creature, even redeemed by grace and sanctified by the Holy Spirit, can be AS holy as Jesus is holy, for Jesus Christ is Creator God; not creaturely like us.

You can apologize to me any minute now, for creating a thread accusing me of things I do not believe; nor ever posted.

Which is really despicable on your part, IMO . . .

:down:

Nang

Levolor

... we can make some effort to determine what evidence there is that someone is saved apart from how they "act".

Perhaps, maybe... it is what occurs to an already saved person that changes how they act?

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

It was two or more decades after St. Paul was first taught by Christ that St. Paul was able to say the above.

There is something else also that changes how a Christian acts and that is 1 John 1:9... especially that last part: and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The love for God compels us, I believe.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Our Apostle Paul never made a mistake, in what he taught.

1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps, maybe... it is what occurs to an already saved person that changes how they act?

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

It was two or more decades after St. Paul was first taught by Christ that St. Paul was able to say the above.

There is something else also that changes how a Christian acts and that is 1 John 1:9... especially that last part: and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The love for God compels us, I believe.

Yes,

MAD thinks it all occurred at the cross and considers anything further as adding to the gospel.

Pauls letters are telling us how he got there in the years following after he was first saved.

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

LA

Doom

I have already given answer to your scurrilous and unseemly charges.

I never said Christians should act AS holy as Jesus.

You have invented this sequence of words, and attributed them to me, but they are not my words, but yours.

I say Christians should be holy as Jesus is holy.
Here we go again... :yawn:

So what is a Christian? What determines the actions of a Christian, but what he is.

If one professes to be in Christ, but does not act holy as Christ is holy, that evidences what that professor is NOT.

These are YOUR posts, not mine. Either you need to stop lying to everyone about what you did or did not say, or you need to admit that you are preaching a gospel of self-righteousness and repent of it.

Doom

You quote my post that does not say what you claim.

Reported.
What? They are YOUR posts. I did not alter or change them in any fashion. I just quoted them and reposted what YOU said. They are YOUR comments. Are you insane?

Anyone can click on the blue box next to your name and it will link to YOUR original post.