ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I do. You evidently just think it's a status label that says "righteous".

He is righteous? or you are righteous because of conduct? The way I see it is the only righteousness we have we put on (Christ), and that would be His righteousness...we have none of our own, in a sense it is a label...Christ's label. I certainly do not conduct myself as I should always but, what Christian that is not lying does, we will never hit the mark, the standard...never, the answer is not behaving better because you cannot, if you could Christ would never have shed His blood.

But you're saved by hope. Good thing, because you've mistaken it for faith, which is a substance.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for...ie Christ.

Heb. 11:1 ¶ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
:blabla:

Eternal life was promised by God (the Father) before the world began. We weren't there. So Who was it promised to?

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I believe that Christ was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification because He had faith in the Father, hope of eternal life which God promised before the world began!

Right. Now if you would just learn the difference between hope (trust - elpis) and faith, that'd be great.

heir

TOL Subscriber
He is righteous? or you are righteous because of conduct? The way I see it is the only righteousness we have we put on (Christ), and that would be His righteousness...we have none of our own, in a sense it is a label...Christ's label.
:up:

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So you admit that you lied in that previous post. Thanks for fessing up to your lie.

The fact that you are blinded to what is contained in that portion of scripture, does not make me a liar.

Genesis 2:16-17 reveals God covenanting and giving Adam commands. The Law of God is His Word of moral order, and Adam was created according to and under God's Law/Word.

There is no creature that exists apart from God's Law/Word. Ever.

Adam died because He broke God's covenant and because he failed to love God (act in faith) and obey God's Word.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:blabla:

Eternal life was promised by God (the Father) before the world began. We weren't there. So Who was it promised to?

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I believe that Christ was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification because He had faith in the Father, hope of eternal life which God promised before the world began!

Jesus Christ exhibited faith through His love for the Father. He did not "hope" for eternal life, for HE HIMSELF IS and PROVED to be eternal life, when He resurrected from death.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The unloving, faithless heart of natural man has always desired to be equal with God and to "be like God."

MADists (and Exchanged Life theorists) think they have found the secret . . .

Gnosticism, pure and simple.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus Christ exhibited faith through His love for the Father. He did not "hope" for eternal life, for HE HIMSELF IS and PROVED to be eternal life, when He resurrected from death.
It says in hope OF eternal life, not FOR, but you deny the scripture anyway. So what's new?

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
He is righteous? or you are righteous because of conduct?

We're not righteous "because of" conduct. And conduct isn't just outward action.

We're righteous by imputation of character AND conduct. The inner conduct of the heart from which all outer conduct comes. Conduct comes from character, so any imputation of character comes with imputed conduct.

That's NOT doing. It's the means OF doing, establishing the imputed inner character and the imputed inner conduct as outward conduct in actions.

If we didn't have imputed conduct as righteousness, all we could bring forth in action would be from the old man as sin.

The problem is not understanding words for what they mean instead of assigning a concept to define words in arrears.

The way I see it is the only righteousness we have we put on (Christ), and that would be His righteousness...we have none of our own, in a sense it is a label...Christ's label.

Right. But it's not a label. It's His literal robe of flesh. His prosopon. By faith, our hypostasis is translated into His prosopon as our ontological reality of existence.

I'm not IN my old man any longer. I'm IN Christ. The old man is dead. Nothing from the old man is righteous, so righteousness MUST be imputed as character and conduct or anything I would ever do would be sin. My own self-determined standard of conduct.

Nobody knows what the words mean, so they have to compensate with concepts.

I appreciate the posiition MADs are taking in one sense. But it's the ditch on the other side of the road from Hypernomianism (Hyper-law).

MADs don't know the depth of meanings for most words that are vital for understanding. In that way, it's a salvation of their own selves, but that's not their intent at all. They're just trying to get others out of law and works, but they're not.

I certainly do not conduct myself as I should always but, what Christian that is not lying does, we will never hit the mark, the standard...never,

1Pet 4:1 indicates we can have sin cease us.

the answer is not behaving better because you cannot, if you could Christ would never have shed His blood.

Right. And that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about ontology, not methodology.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for...ie Christ.

ie.. being in the prosopon of Christ. Paul was in the prosopon of Christ. (2Cor 2:10) God accepts no man's prosopon. (Gal 2:6)

Heb. 11:1 ¶ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

What's faith? And what's a hypostasis? English concepts can't trump Greek content.

It's all in there. :)

Right Divider

Body part
The fact that you are blinded to what is contained in that portion of scripture, does not make me a liar.

Genesis 2:16-17 reveals God covenanting and giving Adam commands. The Law of God is His Word of moral order, and Adam was created according to and under God's Law/Word.

There is no creature that exists apart from God's Law/Word. Ever.

Adam died because He broke God's covenant and because he failed to love God (act in faith) and obey God's Word.
Please stick to the point of YOUR ORIGINAL POST and justify it WITH SCRIPTURE!
What was/is the first commandment given by God . . To Adam, to Moses, to Christians?

It was/is to love God only. Love for fellow man follows.

Affections reside in the "heart" so if any of us do not possess the love of God, we cannot possibly live. We will only die.

I think it is vital to be given the ability to obey and fulfill the first Law and command of God, and that is what we are actually discussing.
Use SCRIPTURE to show that this is TRUE!

If you cannot (which you've refused to do so far), then you are just making false and speculative statements that show that you are just a vain babbler.