ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Doom

Agreed.

The "heart" (affections) must be made right before the mind and will can be changed.

We must receive the love of God in order to spiritually live anew and inherit the Kingdom of God.
"Ontologically" speaking, it's much greater than that.

Right Divider

Body part
What was/is the first commandment given by God . . To Adam, to Moses, to Christians?

It was/is to love God only. Love for fellow man follows.
I'd love to see you back up your assertions with some scripture to support it. You make many pronouncements about God's ways, but they are always devoid of Biblical support.

I don't see confirmation that God told Adam this in Genesis.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'd love to see you back up your assertions with some scripture to support it. You make many pronouncements about God's ways, but they are always devoid of Biblical support.

I don't see confirmation that God told Adam this in Genesis.

You do not see God giving Adam any commands?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
That is simply philosophical gobbledygook.

No, but that's all you can level at lexical meaning and definitions that are exegetical instead of from your false concepts.

I illustrated the functional definition at length. All you do is presume your shallow English perceptions are the pinnacle of simplicity and understanding. They're not.

It's like those poor lost souls who attempt to unravel the word "day" into something to fit some convoluted evolutionary theory. When Jesus used the word "perfect", to define the Father, what matters is what we think, God thinks, that we think, when He says "perfect". If a child cannot understand the simplicity of the gospel, then it's not the gospel.

Perfect means what the language means which God used to inspire the expression of it. It doesn't mean what your feeble mind thinks in low-context English.

It's you who doesn't understand the simplicity of the Gospel because it's all methodology to you rather than ontology. You're not IN Christ. You merely have a status label on your forehead that says "righteous".

What ever perfect is, Jesus says that we are to equal it, and we have by being made it. Just as when Jesus told us that our righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees. That is only possible if God makes us righteous, which He did when we received His life.

Yes, but you have no idea what that actually means.

THIS (of yours) is a bunch of philosophical gobbledygook. It would help if you'd ever define words that you wrongly presume the meanings of.

That's the biggest problem with this topic. Exegetical definitions. MADs have made English concepts into the definitions of words they use.

Teleios (perfect) means what teleios means, not what someone thinks or says it means. Or ignores all meaning while referring to it anyway.

The same is true for dikaiosune (righteousness). It's not just a status as a label by legal rendering of declaration. It's ontological. We're made righteous, just as Jesus was made sin.

It ALL goes back to hypostasis and prosopon, but nobody wants to go there.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
But is it ontological?

"Ontologically" speaking, it's much greater than that.

Ontologically, yes.

From those who are stuck in methodology, it's sad that you scoff at ontology. THAT's Paul's Gospel. And it's very simple. Stop complicating it.

You're not IN Christ. Be IN Christ. Stop having a status label and calling it righteousness. BE righteous, according to His imputation.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, but that's all you can level at lexical meaning and definitions that are exegetical instead of from your false concepts.

I illustrated the functional definition at length. All you do is presume your shallow English perceptions are the pinnacle of simplicity and understanding. They're not.

Perfect means what the language means which God used to inspire the expression of it. It doesn't mean what your feeble mind thinks in low-context English.

It's you who doesn't understand the simplicity of the Gospel because it's all methodology to you rather than ontology. You're not IN Christ. You merely have a status label on your forehead that says "righteous".

THIS (of yours) is a bunch of philosophical gobbledygook. It would help if you'd ever define words that you wrongly presume the meanings of.

That's the biggest problem with this topic. Exegetical definitions. MADs have made English concepts into the definitions of words they use.

Teleios (perfect) means what teleios means, not what someone thinks or says it means. Or ignores all meaning while referring to it anyway.

The same is true for dikaiosune (righteousness). It's not just a status as a label by legal rendering of declaration. It's ontological. We're made righteous, just as Jesus was made sin.

The problem is, they think Christ is in them. They have little concept of being in Christ.

That is why they resist any talk of holy obedience, Law, or sins.

They do not think such truths apply to them, because they do not apply to Christ.

Of course, by so thinking, they overlook the entire purpose of the Incarnation and human life lived by Jesus and His eternal offices of Mediator/High Priest.

Doom

STP, jw, and I are forming a company that wants to sell your posts to those suffering from insomnia. :greedy:

Interested?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
His mind cannot be renewed. What that would imply for many, though I doubt you mean to, is that the old man can be reformed...improved...saved. No, he can't. He can only be crucified and denied.

The old man cannot be reformed or improved. The only purpose for the old man is to die.

That's why we must understand prosopon and hypostasis.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
STP, jw, and I are forming a company that wants to sell your posts to those suffering from insomnia. :greedy:

Interested?

I'm only interested in Paul's Gospel, which isn't the MAD Gospel of merely wearing a status label that says "righteous" by declaration.

It's your short attention spans and your lack of understanding of lexical truth for scripture that makes you drowsy. Asleep.

Rest in Christ instead. That's much better. :)