My Ignored List

Truster

By testimony I don't mean when ''you gave your heart to Jesus'' or ''when you committed yourself to Jesus'' or anything else you might have done. I mean a testimony of conversion that was sudden and immediate. After all its a new creation and not evolution.
There is only one person on here that has admitted that he probably hasn't experienced the act of salvation. Words cannot express how much I admire his honesty. Withholding truth, if it is truth, is as much a lie as telling a lie. And we all know that liars will not enter into glory.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
By testimony I don't mean when ''you gave your heart to Jesus'' or ''when you committed yourself to Jesus'' or anything else you might have done. I mean a testimony of conversion that was sudden and immediate. After all its a new creation and not evolution.
There is only one person on here that has admitted that he probably hasn't experienced the act of salvation. Words cannot express how much I admire his honesty. Withholding truth, if it is truth, is as much a lie as telling a lie. And we all know that liars will not enter into glory.

Thank goodness we have you around to tell us, what's right, and
what's wrong? What do you say to a friend who asks you to dinner
then, asks you if you enjoyed it, and you REALLY didn't?

What about a child who comes home and asks you, if their
finger paint picture looks good, etc.! Make up your own
scenario to add to this question!

bybee

Thank goodness we have you around to tell us, what's right, and
what's wrong? What do you say to a friend who asks you to dinner
then, asks you if you enjoyed it, and you REALLY didn't?

What about a child who comes home and asks you, if their
finger paint picture looks good, etc.! Make up your own
scenario to add to this question!

I'm afraid he is a self-defined, judgmental Pharisee.
Always beware of those individuals who believe that they alone possess the truth.
I believe he is trying to gather a following here on TOL by creating a false picture of himself.
I recommend the reading of C. S. Lewis's science fiction trilogy.

This Charming Manc

Just because something is a event not an evolution, it does not mean its is always perceived or experienced as such.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm afraid he is a self-defined, judgmental Pharisee.
Always beware of those individuals who believe that they alone possess the truth.
I believe he is trying to gather a following here on TOL by creating a false picture of himself.
I recommend the reading of C. S. Lewis's science fiction trilogy.

Good post Bybee

unknown

Yea, I get convicted sometimes thinking of how lost an unbeliever could become by reading hers and others posts. Thank God He predestinated the elect. All we need do is share the gospel and we will have a guaranteed success rate!

I am wondering if I'm the only one that sees how double minded the two highlighted statements above are. Evidently you don't give God much credit for His ability to predestine anything.

Thanks for the giggle.

noguru

Just because something is a event not an evolution, it does not mean its is always perceived or experienced as such.

Yes, some people are confused between a process, and our realization of that processes effect on us. One might through an evolutionary process collect ideas that at one point lead to an epiphany. Of course less aware people will not recognize what has come before this epiphany. They can only see the epiphany as a drastic change from their previous state. Especially if an epiphany is accompanied by a catharsis, then their gauge is usually the cathartic aspect of that epiphany.

Brother Vinny

I am wondering if I'm the only one that sees how double minded the two highlighted statements above are. Evidently you don't give God much credit for His ability to predestine anything.

Thanks for the giggle.

Yeah, it [intojoy's post] seems to neglect that the success rate of sharing the gospel is going to be, according to Calvinism, whatever God predestines it to be. It could very well be zero.

IMJerusha

Disagree. I don't know when my (first) DOB was. I was there but incapable at that infantile time. The date comes to me on a piece of paper and report from my mother.

Some don't know their 2nd DOB either. I happen to, but conversion is how God brings one to Him, not the day one thinks he/she comes to God. As such, I have a DOB but don't expect it of all others. God does His saving through His Son, and reaches all kinds of people in their uniqueness. I'd think we'd agree but you cut me off waaaay before you ever discerned the matter and you've done it to others, which is why I oppose you. You don't frankly have the tools you think you do. We 'discern' all things, we do not judge any or all persons. God alone is the judge of men's souls. We judge fruit simply for how it affects a particular Body and act accordingly with what wisdom we have.

You ever passed this message to GloryDaz and JohnW? :bang: :chuckle: I'm sure they'd be thrilled!

Truster

Execpt in the case of conversion. There is so much that changes that there is no way a person could forget the hour in which they were saved. Unless they haven't been saved.

IMJerusha

Execpt in the case of conversion. There is so much that changes that there is no way a person could forget the hour in which they were saved. Unless they haven't been saved.

Can somebody show me in Scripture where remembering the exact hour of salvation is salvific? The memory is there, tucked in the heart. Why, Truster, do you choose to cast a pall over something so wonderful?

Truster

And when they have been saved they can't stop talking and witnessing to the fact.

They MUST testify…except on here? Maybe a thread for testimonies is needed!

noguru

And when they have been saved they can't stop talking and witnessing to the fact.

They MUST testify…except on here? Maybe a thread for testimonies is needed!

It's been done before. Perhaps a repeat is needed. But I think Kahlil Gibran's entry On Religion from The Prophet is the best way to witness.

Have I spoken this day of aught else?
Is not religion all deeds and all reflection,
And that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom?
Who can separate his faith from his actions, or his belief from his occupations?
Who can spread his hours before him, saying, "This for God and this for myself; This for my soul, and this other for my body?"
All your hours are wings that beat through space from self to self.
He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked.
The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin.
And he who defines his conduct by ethics imprisons his song-bird in a cage.
The freest song comes not through bars and wires.
And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn.

Your daily life is your temple and your religion.
Whenever you enter into it take with you your all.
Take the plough and the forge and the mallet and the lute,
The things you have fashioned in necessity or for delight.
For in revery you cannot rise above your achievements nor fall lower than your failures.
And take with you all men:
For in adoration you cannot fly higher than their hopes nor humble yourself lower than their despair.

And if you would know God be not therefore a solver of riddles.
Rather look about you and you shall see Him playing with your children.
And look into space; you shall see Him walking in the cloud, outstretching His arms in the lightning and descending in rain.
You shall see Him smiling in flowers, then rising and waving His hands in trees.

Truster

It's been done before. Perhaps a repeat is needed. But I think Kahlil Gibran's entry On Religion from The Prophet is the best way to witness.

If it's been done before can you please give me a link…maybe apologies are going to be in order?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Thanks for the giggle.

Keep wondering and you will find who you are.