My Ignored List

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Truster has gone passed the "Sacred name controversy," and moved on
to the issue of knowing the exact moment of one's conversion, in order
to be TRULY saved!

IMJerusha

It's been done before. Perhaps a repeat is needed. But I think Kahlil Gibran's entry On Religion from The Prophet is the best way to witness.

If it's been done before can you please give me a link…maybe apologies are going to be in order?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3703173&postcount=142

I'm sure, Noguru that there are others here who could provide a link to their testimonies as evidence of the power of God in their lives. I've read them here many times and I've witnessed the love of Yeshua evident in many here. Psalmist, Vegas, A4T, Bybee, Lon, Town, are just a few that come to mind. So many of us have experienced the power and love of Yeshua and we come from all denominations. What I don't understand is why Truster can not see what is right in front of his face? All he seems to be able to see is our brokenness.

bybee

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3703173&postcount=142

I'm sure, Noguru that there are others here who could provide a link to their testimonies as evidence of the power of God in their lives. I've read them here many times and I've witnessed the love of Yeshua evident in many here. Psalmist, Vegas, A4T, Bybee, Lon, Town, are just a few that come to mind. So many of us have experienced the power and love of Yeshua and we come from all denominations. What I don't understand is why Truster can not see what is right in front of his face? All he seems to be able to see is our brokenness.

Importantly and dangerously "brokenness" as defined by him.

IMJerusha

Importantly and dangerously "brokenness" as defined by him.

I thought God defined our brokenness!?
I would like to read Truster's testimony. He started to post it but when someone asked him to go into detail about what God had saved him from, he declined to answer and I don't understand that. Of course, Paul never went into detail about the thorn that remained in his life but he certainly spoke of most everything else that went before his conversion. That is an important part of our witness that draws the connection between our brokenness and Yeshua's accomplishment in us. If folks don't know where we've been or who we were, how can they see the glory of God in where and who we are now?

glorydaz

Can somebody show me in Scripture where remembering the exact hour of salvation is salvific? The memory is there, tucked in the heart. Why, Truster, do you choose to cast a pall over something so wonderful?

Interesting you should say that. I remember well the moment I was saved, but I never thought to record the exact time and date. The problem with someone sharing their testimony with "Truster" is they open the door for an attack on the Gospel by which they were begotten. He preaches a dead man (not even hearing the Word) is yanked up by his collar and made alive. Those of us who heard the Gospel and were persuaded to believe, as Paul preached, are simply delusional in his eyes. So, what's the point of sharing anything with him? I've given my testimony on this board in the past, and if he's truly desperate to hear it, he can search it out. It might keep him busy...which would give us all a bit of a break. ;)

IMJerusha

Interesting you should say that. I remember well the moment I was saved, but I never thought to record the exact time and date. The problem with someone sharing their testimony with "Truster" is they open the door for an attack on the Gospel by which they were begotten. He preaches a dead man (not even hearing the Word) is yanked up by his collar and made alive. Those of us who heard the Gospel and were persuaded to believe, as Paul preached, are simply delusional in his eyes. So, what's the point of sharing anything with him? I've given my testimony on this board in the past, and if he's truly desperate to hear it, he can search it out. It might keep him busy...which would give us all a bit of a break. ;)

Attacks come, attacks go. We're told to expect them. No one can damage the Gospel message. Let them try. Perhaps in trying, something amazing will be revealed to them. There is victory in the struggle.

The man has asked for bread. Should you/we give him a stone?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

That but specifically this since it appears that the entire reason he demands it is to judge it :

Romans 13:8 Owe no man anything, but to love one another, for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

IMJerusha

That but specifically this since it appears that the entire reason he demands it is to judge it :

Romans 13:8 Owe no man anything, but to love one another, for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Yes, but you're missing the middle part of the sentence "but to love one another". That we owe not just Truster but everyone. The man has asked to be fed. He can judge til he's blue in the face. It doesn't change what God has done for us nor does his judgement count because only God and Yeshua judge man. Your testimony is worth more than gold or silver, Angel. God has brought you through so much. Why hide that under a bushel?

Lon

By testimony I don't mean when ''you gave your heart to Jesus'' or ''when you committed yourself to Jesus'' or anything else you might have done. I mean a testimony of conversion that was sudden and immediate. After all its a new creation and not evolution.
There is only one person on here that has admitted that he probably hasn't experienced the act of salvation. Words cannot express how much I admire his honesty. Withholding truth, if it is truth, is as much a lie as telling a lie. And we all know that liars will not enter into glory.
Um, no. Decidedly not. We are not to throw our pearls to be trampled.

I love that others have denied you the pleasure of stomping all over the dirt whatever they would uplift before you. You've trampled some wonderful people with powerful testimonies already in your gleeful stomping and haste. Knock it off!

I'm on ignore so your plea doesn't pertain to me.

doloresistere

Um, no. Decidedly not. We are not to throw our pearls to be trampled.

I love that others have denied you the pleasure of stomping all over the dirt whatever they would uplift before you. You've trampled some wonderful people with powerful testimonies already in your gleeful stomping and haste. Knock it off!

I'm on ignore so your plea doesn't pertain to me.

Truster claims his conversion is real because it was sudden and complete, a new creation and not an evolution. He is still the same rotten scoundrel he was before his supposed conversion. He may not be plotting his sins every morning like before.....he is just channeling his evil heart into new directions where he gets to destroy the faith of babes in Christ and tear away any hope they ever had of salvation. His words drip evil off every page. Putting scripture behind it makes it even more horrendous.

Lon

You ever passed this message to GloryDaz and JohnW? :bang: :chuckle: I'm sure they'd be thrilled!

It is a tricky walk when you know by one's mouth they are not saved. We also have to take them at their word on the matter and treat them accordingly as well. Mormons and JW's aren't saved generally speaking because their 'good news' is different. The good news of a JW is that he/she can be saved by going to church and submitting to JW authority. Mormons too, do not understand that they are not going to be gods themselves and that they need a Savior. To them, Jesus was a prophet as Joseph Smith is a prophet, both sons of God.

So, if someone is plainly or even covertly telling you they are not christians, you can take them at their word.

Fellowship might mean something a bit different between us. Scripture says there is no fellowship between lightness and darkness but as I said, I would not ask someone seeking in my church, provided they were listening and not disrupting. That to me is another crucial point between mixing and keeping separate. I take my cues from my denomination (SBC) and so mix as they allow and keep separate what they disallow. We have an orthodox doctrinal statement so unitarians couldn't become members, nor Mormons. We have a few Catholics, but they are ex- when they join our membership by necessity. Why? Because anyone that can sign our doctrinal statement in good standing can become a member. As such, the doctrinal statement itself is what includes or discludes a person. As such, there is just as much power in others' hands as our own for separation so it is wise to separate when someone doesn't agree with what we believe is essential and salvific to our faith.

I believe this is the main point John W, A4T,and Glorydaz is making in debate with you. I think you yet disagree, but I'd simply suggest here that you let a doctrinal statement you've embraced, guide you. If someone cannot sign a basic doctrinal statement of essential beliefs one must hold to be a Christian, then they aren't. One of the first things we did in my church membership class and in freshman seminary was write a personal doctrinal statement. I recommend everybody should do it, then compare it with very standardized ones of most denominations. They are virtually identical on essentials, then are tangential on particular denominational uniquenesses. It is what is essential and the same that needs careful scrutiny, discernment, and wisdom.

Truster should post his too, so you can all see where he is orthodox and where he is wacked. Mine embraces the SBC.

IMJerusha

It is a tricky walk when you know by one's mouth they are not saved. We also have to take them at their word on the matter and treat them accordingly as well. Mormons and JW's aren't saved generally speaking because their 'good news' is different. The good news of a JW is that he/she can be saved by going to church and submitting to JW authority. Mormons too, do not understand that they are not going to be gods themselves and that they need a Savior. To them, Jesus was a prophet as Joseph Smith is a prophet, both sons of God.

So, if someone is plainly or even covertly telling you they are not christians, you can take them at their word.

Fellowship might mean something a bit different between us. Scripture says there is no fellowship between lightness and darkness but as I said, I would not ask someone seeking in my church, provided they were listening and not disrupting. That to me is another crucial point between mixing and keeping separate. I take my cues from my denomination (SBC) and so mix as they allow and keep separate what they disallow. We have an orthodox doctrinal statement so unitarians couldn't become members, nor Mormons. We have a few Catholics, but they are ex- when they join our membership by necessity. Why? Because anyone that can sign our doctrinal statement in good standing can become a member. As such, the doctrinal statement itself is what includes or discludes a person. As such, there is just as much power in others' hands as our own for separation so it is wise to separate when someone doesn't agree with what we believe is essential and salvific to our faith.

I believe this is the main point John W, A4T,and Glorydaz is making in debate with you. I think you yet disagree, but I'd simply suggest here that you let a doctrinal statement you've embraced, guide you. If someone cannot sign a basic doctrinal statement of essential beliefs one must hold to be a Christian, then they aren't. One of the first things we did in my church membership class and in freshman seminary was write a personal doctrinal statement. I recommend everybody should do it, then compare it with very standardized ones of most denominations. They are virtually identical on essentials, then are tangential on particular denominational uniquenesses. It is what is essential and the same that needs careful scrutiny, discernment, and wisdom.

Truster should post his too, so you can all see where he is orthodox and where he is wacked. Mine embraces the SBC.

So...are you saying I'm not a Christian? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here.
What is salvific is faith in Yeshua and faith in/obedience to God Who Fathered Him. That's it. Everything else is moot.

bybee

Yes, but you're missing the middle part of the sentence "but to love one another". That we owe not just Truster but everyone. The man has asked to be fed. He can judge til he's blue in the face. It doesn't change what God has done for us nor does his judgement count because only God and Yeshua judge man. Your testimony is worth more than gold or silver, Angel. God has brought you through so much. Why hide that under a bushel?

She isn't! She has a very logical and incisive mind. She sees the flaws that others seek to hide.
To love doesn't mean to accept the unacceptable.

IMJerusha

She isn't! She has a very logical and incisive mind. She sees the flaws that others seek to hide.

In God's eyes, from what Yeshua has told us, that's exactly what it means. I didn't mean anything negative by my comments. Just the opposite.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

TY sister - when my testimony is needed, the Spirit will let me know and has - to have it demanded by a man who is ignoring me away and only seeks to judge it with his flesh, would be to give what is holy to the dogs.

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

The man has already judged me anyway- see the op.