My Ignored List

Truster

How strange for a couple to receive criticism whose pastor died (2 of them actually within just a few years), and who were providentially left bereft of their means of worship. What did we do to cause that?

In an attempt to find a biblical church, we acquainted ourselves with a SBC pastor and divulged our Reformed beliefs and our circumstances to HIM, and he gave us permission to enter his flock despite the fact he considered our doctrines to be in error.

We attended his church for the best part of a year, never opening our mouths for two reasons. First, out of respect to the pastor, we did not want to cause any controversy. Second, no one would approach us or seem more than superficially aware of us. We were avoided, and we can only guess it was because word got around that we were "Calvinists!"

The only reason I threw theses pearls of personal experience out before this mob, is because of Lon's recent posts and delusions thinking that I should be disciplined because I question whether he, a professing "Calvinist!" should be worshiping with Arminians.

We found the experience to be unsuccessful.

End of story, but Delmar responded with compassion rather than with the usual scorn we receive when we convey our present hardship.

Thank you Delmar.

May The Lord bless every heart that responded to my post with sympathy and even a tiny amount of spiritual concern. He knows all hearts, so He knows who you are.

Nang

Nang,

Your posts enter in like a dove into the cote. Gracefully and with joy.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
church officials

Hirelings usually self-appointed or man appointed, Makes me wonder what judgement the people they rule over are under. Their notion of a clergyman puts the Holy Spirit out of the ecclesia and places the man in the centre.

Yah Shua Messiah said, ''my sheep know my voice and will not follow the voice of a stranger'', these men have very strange voices.

The Holy Spirit will not allow a true child to sit under the ministry of these hirelings and will make a way out for them. It's always a wrench, because when we sit under the false ministry they teach that you must continue to fellowship together. Which is true, but what they have is not fellowship. Like you Nang the only comfort I had was if the scripture readings were unhurried and reverent, but that was not usually the case.

In Wales we have working mens clubs, that are run by committees, and you can almost guarantee to find someone in the club who sits on the committee with the attitude of lon. You must listen to me, because I'm on the committee. While your in the club he will be watching every move you make to insure 'you' don't break any rules'. If you dare to laugh and enjoy he'll be resentful and show it.

I have no doubt whatsoever that your husband and you did the right thing. One minute of true fellowship is better than a month of Sundays.

Agape, H.

:branch Davidian:

Truster

Blessed - you, whenever men reproach you and persecute you, and say every evil rhema against you falsely for my sake. Cheer, and jump for joy! For vast is your reward in the the heavens: for thus they persecuted the prophets preceding you. ECB

Cheering and jumping for joy!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Blessed - you, whenever men reproach you and persecute you, and say every evil rhema against you falsely for my sake. Cheer, and jump for joy! For vast is your reward in the the heavens: for thus they persecuted the prophets preceding you. ECB

Yea, but I'm just teasing. I like everybody here. Why shouldn't I?
I will admit that my least tolerable area would be

View attachment 18319

Breathe

How strange for a couple to receive criticism whose pastor died (2 of them actually within just a few years), and who were providentially left bereft of their means of worship. What did we do to cause that?

In an attempt to find a biblical church, we acquainted ourselves with a SBC pastor and divulged our Reformed beliefs and our circumstances to HIM, and he gave us permission to enter his flock despite the fact he considered our doctrines to be in error.

We attended his church for the best part of a year, never opening our mouths for two reasons. First, out of respect to the pastor, we did not want to cause any controversy. Second, no one would approach us or seem more than superficially aware of us. We were avoided, and we can only guess it was because word got around that we were "Calvinists!"

The only reason I threw theses pearls of personal experience out before this mob, is because of Lon's recent posts and delusions thinking that I should be disciplined because I question whether he, a professing "Calvinist!" should be worshiping with Arminians.

We found the experience to be unsuccessful.

End of story, but Delmar responded with compassion rather than with the usual scorn we receive when we convey our present hardship.

Thank you Delmar.

May The Lord bless every heart that responded to my post with sympathy and even a tiny amount of spiritual concern. He knows all hearts, so He knows who you are.

Nang

I still attend the SBC church I was raised and baptized in - and am quite open about my Calvinist leanings. I am met with love and acceptance by all. In my humble opinion, it is due to my willingness to discuss my beliefs with openness to the beliefs of those who differ with me. All believers in Christ are my brothers and sisters. We share the common bond of Jesus.

glorydaz

Delmar has a very good heart, but how can suffering be avoided if one doesn't know the cause? 99% of the time the cause in in ourselves.

From what I read, she looked down at those who hurt her before she tried to attend THEIR church. She does the same here on TOL.

my apologies to those offended.

Your point was well made. :thumb:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I'm, "Cheering and jumping for joy!" that you went
and got yourself banned again! Good for you! (and us)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I don't mind his delusions of grandeur, it's the errors in doctrine.

Doctrinal error plus pride equals no love before falling.

Lon

church officials

Hirelings usually self-appointed or man appointed, Makes me wonder what judgement the people they rule over are under. Their notion of a clergyman puts the Holy Spirit out of the ecclesia and places the man in the centre.
Yah Shua Messiah said, ''my sheep know my voice and will not follow the voice of a stranger'', these men have very strange voices.

The Holy Spirit will not allow a true child to sit under the ministry of these hirelings and will make a way out for them. It's always a wrench, because when we sit under the false ministry they teach that you must continue to fellowship together. Which is true, but what they have is not fellowship. Like you Nang the only comfort I had was if the scripture readings were unhurried and reverent, but that was not usually the case.
Anarchy much?

In Wales we have working mens clubs, that are run by committees, and you can almost guarantee to find someone in the club who sits on the committee with the attitude of lon. You must listen to me, because I'm on the committee. While your in the club he will be watching every move you make to insure 'you' don't break any rules'. If you dare to laugh and enjoy he'll be resentful and show it.

I have no doubt whatsoever that your husband and you did the right thing. One minute of true fellowship is better than a month of Sundays.

Agape, H.
Huge difference between dictatorships and other forms of governing, no?

You repeatedly show you are against 'authority.' Doesn't matter whose. You hoist your own petards.

Lon

1 Peter 2:20

:think:

unknown

Your point was well made. :thumb:
A few people will agree with me and many will not . I would say that those that Fang has offended will. You and I don't agree on what to believe about spirituality. That's not really a problem for me, you have never attacked my character or tried to twist my words that I can remember. You leave me to my beliefs and I leave you to yours.

I'm in a computer simulation; a game called TOL. It's about, "Open Rebuke is better than love carefully concealed". A bunch of people from around the world log in and "truth-smack" each other. I don't play much these days, I'm down to a 1.6something post per day average. I've lost interest because of the hypocrisy of the whole thing; people acting against their own religion while trying to shove it down someone else's throat with a 2x4. I don't want to be that kind of person. In Fang's last response to me before this thread she called me demonic, she has always been that way towards me because I don't believe the way she wants me to. Why should she expect me to be nice and sympathetic towards her now? Like I said before, everyone will reap what they sow; there is no getting around it so we should learn to start sowing that which we want to reap.

I have told people a few times that we all (me too) are here stroking our own egos. I know this because I know that that is about all a human does. All living things seek that which seems good/right/comfortable to them and avoid all that is evil/wrong/uncomfortable to them. They don't all agree on which is which and seem to think their values are dependent on what others think. They avoid others opinions because it is not comfortable to agree with them because it means that their opinion is wrong and it is uncomfortable to admit that and to deal with it. If one looks at it from The Creators perspective, we are all wrong. But hey, if a person can't learn, then they can't learn; nothing I could or should do about that.

I freely admit to being wrong most of my life. The best thing to ever happen to me was to realize that all my problems were due to my own ego: my unwillingness to learn and to change. I have only health problems now and some of that is my fault, some is old age and some is the effects of Agent Orange. That is, no problems outside of this computer simulation; and again, I reap what I sow.

bybee

A few people will agree with me and many will not . I would say that those that Fang has offended will. You and I don't agree on what to believe about spirituality. That's not really a problem for me, you have never attacked my character or tried to twist my words that I can remember. You leave me to my beliefs and I leave you to yours.

I'm in a computer simulation; a game called TOL. It's about, "Open Rebuke is better than love carefully concealed". A bunch of people from around the world log in and "truth-smack" each other. I don't play much these days, I'm down to a 1.6something post per day average. I've lost interest because of the hypocrisy of the whole thing; people acting against their own religion while trying to shove it down someone else's throat with a 2x4. I don't want to be that kind of person. In Fang's last response to me before this thread she called me demonic, she has always been that way towards me because I don't believe the way she wants me to. Why should she expect me to be nice and sympathetic towards her now? Like I said before, everyone will reap what they sow; there is no getting around it so we should learn to start sowing that which we want to reap.

I have told people a few times that we all (me too) are here stroking our own egos. I know this because I know that that is about all a human does. All living things seek that which seems good/right/comfortable to them and avoid all that is evil/wrong/uncomfortable to them. They don't all agree on which is which and seem to think their values are dependent on what others think. They avoid others opinions because it is not comfortable to agree with them because it means that their opinion is wrong and it is uncomfortable to admit that and to deal with it. If one looks at it from The Creators perspective, we are all wrong. But hey, if a person can't learn, then they can't learn; nothing I could or should do about that.

I freely admit to being wrong most of my life. The best thing to ever happen to me was to realize that all my problems were due to my own ego: my unwillingness to learn and to change. I have only health problems now and some of that is my fault, some is old age and some is the effects of Agent Orange. That is, no problems outside of this computer simulation; and again, I reap what I sow.

I'm old too! I carry the good the bad and all in-between days around with me. Mostly, it is good. Being wrong isn't being bad. It is an opportunity to learn. I have a good relationship with my children, grandchildren and my sister and her children. I get more and more reclusive as I get older.
TOL has become a home away from home for me. I've made friends and enemies here. And I continue to learn from all sorts of folks.
I hope you find some things about yourself to like! Blessings, bybee

Lon

I have told people a few times that we all (me too) are here stroking our own egos. I know this because I know that that is about all a human does.
Your reason for being on TOL seems rather humanistic to me. Perhaps you should stop, if this is the case.

The new man seeks things of God and seeks truth. That's quite a bit different than ▲your stated reason▲ for being here (not to be contentious persay, but to contrast motivations, because I believe you, I just want you to realize your own myopic view isn't all of our's). I'm not saying pride is never stroked, I'm saying that is not my reason for being here on TOL. There are other personal reasons I won't get into but a good many of them are to bring praise, glory, and honor to God and it is my prayer in interacting on TOL. I'm not sure I always get out of the way, but the point is, your 'reason' for being here is different than mine, despite either being accomplished.

unknown

I'm old too! I carry the good the bad and all in-between days around with me. Mostly, it is good. Being wrong isn't being bad. It is an opportunity to learn. I have a good relationship with my children, grandchildren and my sister and her children. I get more and more reclusive as I get older.
TOL has become a home away from home for me. I've made friends and enemies here. And I continue to learn from all sorts of folks.
I hope you find some things about yourself to like! Blessings, bybee

I understand, I've been snowed in for two days with nobody else to talk to. My post per day count may hit 2. something before winter is gone.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nang

Just to clarify. When you say you wouldn't worship with non-Calvanists how are you defining worship? The reason that I ask is, I believe I could, for example, sing praise songs the live long day with anyone who truly loves the God of the Bible. Doing Bible study with Calvinists is, however, another issue. That tends to make me a little crazy.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think he is in very loving and capable hands.
Because some of you might misunderstand her remark, think better of her for making it in relation to my Jack:

Neg rep'd Eeject for commenting on my family and trying to put her pleasant face into it when the reason was only to do what I've asked her not to and penalized her for previously.

Her actual regard being amply noted in the Eeset rep thread (for one, condensed part) where you'll find gems like:

Yes Town you are holier.

You're such a dog. Delusions Of Grandeur.

Dearest Town, I had no idea you could read a score. Nice doggie doggie. :)

Silly boy. I don't give jack about your negrepist habits.

You really are funny town clown. You seem to style yourself the master of putdown. Are you always delusional?

Or her admiring comment in response to my noting that the mentally retarded aren't institutionalized out of hand.
They send them to Alabama? JK.

Broken up with the odd...
Oh Town please remember that I forgave you long ago. But it seems to me that you are without equal in wanting to perpetuate the evil Eeset image. Congratulations.

Here you go again with your silly translations. Trying for more inane Gazette material?

Getting under his skin is as simple as ... well its just easy.
Which is what it was and she is about.

Even creepier stuff aimed at Anna of late. Good grief.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang

Just to clarify. When you say you wouldn't worship with non-Calvanists how are you defining worship? The reason that I ask is, I believe I could, for example, sing praise songs the live long day with anyone who truly loves the God of the Bible. Doing Bible study with Calvinists is, however, another issue. That tends to make me a little crazy.

Heh, no doubt. :D

You have clarified your own question I believe.

We have "Cowboy" churches who do mostly country singing, and we have enjoyed joining them, but being in membership with Presbyterians all our Christian lives, that does not constitute formal worship in our minds.

We define worship as congregating with like-minded persons for prayer, hymns, and teachings from our Reformed confessions and Holy Scripture with the intent to be doctrinally built up, encouraged, and moved to revere and praise the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

We visit local churches (excepting LDS and RCC) but it is social and not worship, because the doctrines differ from our beliefs. Just as our bible studies would drive you crazy, so does the preaching of those who do not hold to our views of the absolute sovereignty of God.

We are used to attending church services and returning home edified and spiritually refreshed. It is meaningless to us to congregate and return home empty or angry.

Nang

bybee

We have "Cowboy" churches who do mostly country singing, and we have enjoyed joining them, but being in membership with Presbyterians all our Christian lives, that does not constitute formal worship in our minds.

We define worship as congregating with like-minded persons for prayer, hymns, and teachings from our Reformed confessions and Holy Scripture with the intent to be doctrinally built up, encouraged, and moved to revere and praise the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

We visit local churches (excepting LDS and RCC) but it is social and not worship, because the doctrines differ from our beliefs. Just as our bible studies would drive you crazy, so does the preaching of those who do not hold to our views of the absolute sovereignty of God.

We are used to attending church services and returning home edified and spiritually refreshed. It is meaningless to us to congregate and return home empty or angry.

Nang

I agree with you Nang but for some slightly different reasons. My church is home to me. I love our liturgy. I love the comfort of knowing what will come next and knowing most of the hymns.
Generally we have edifying sermons. Always we have lessons from both the Old and the New Testaments, reading of a Psalm and of course the Gospel reading.
We are not particularly stretched or challenged theologically but we are fed spiritual food and we have the comfort of fellowship.
I attend Bible study regularly and find it usually geared to the average lay person. Sometimes a knowledgeable group comes together and then I gain new perspectives.
When I "visit" other churches I am a visitor. It is nice and I enjoy it but it is not home.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I get it, and agree that you are better off "congregating" with like minded people.
This part I agree with completely, and I have been there!