My Ignored List

Truster

Uh, unless you have not noticed, Lon has determined that only church officials can make such determinations, and the lay persons are not allowed a witness to their faith.

And now TH has weighed in with his own denominational and ecumenical declarations . . .

I defend not only myself against such limitations and strictures, but in principle, defend you too.

Go gripe to Lon and TH . . . not me . . .

church officials

Hirelings usually self-appointed or man appointed, Makes me wonder what judgement the people they rule over are under. Their notion of a clergyman puts the Holy Spirit out of the ecclesia and places the man in the centre.
Yah Shua Messiah said, ''my sheep know my voice and will not follow the voice of a stranger'', these men have very strange voices.

The Holy Spirit will not allow a true child to sit under the ministry of these hirelings and will make a way out for them. It's always a wrench, because when we sit under the false ministry they teach that you must continue to fellowship together. Which is true, but what they have is not fellowship. Like you Nang the only comfort I had was if the scripture readings were unhurried and reverent, but that was not usually the case.

In Wales we have working mens clubs, that are run by committees, and you can almost guarantee to find someone in the club who sits on the committee with the attitude of lon. You must listen to me, because I'm on the committee. While your in the club he will be watching every move you make to insure 'you' don't break any rules'. If you dare to laugh and enjoy he'll be resentful and show it.

I have no doubt whatsoever that your husband and you did the right thing. One minute of true fellowship is better than a month of Sundays.

Agape, H.

bybee

Did you speak to them as you speak to those who differ with you here?

I count Catholics, Church of Christ, Baptists, Calvinists and even the odd Methodist (if that isn't redundant) among my brothers and sisters in Christ and choose to see the commonality of our shared reliance upon grace and our Savior instead of bickering over the dogmatic differences that attend earnest but imperfect men struggling toward a more perfect understanding of their walk.

I don't have issues with honest differences unless they impact the salvific truth of the cross or they're set out as hostile indictments against others in Christ.

Worship in community is uplifting for me. It holds me to a commitment to my Baptismal vows.
Individual worship, is of course, part of one's daily life.
The problems in Church are somewhat like the problems in family.
We work together for resolution.
I am grateful for the Anglican Communion's ability to share Christ's love in a world which is diverse and needy.
I do not agree with all practices in the church today but I do believe and uphold the 39 Articles of Faith which underpin the practice of Episcopalians everywhere.
I am very leery of the "Lone Wolves" who claim that they alone are the true interpreters of the Bible.
That is where the Jim Jones of this world begin.

glorydaz

What are you chewing on?

Just wondering if Nang wears a little apron and high heels when she serves up some tidbit to his highness. She said she had something to "serve" him for his perusal....an offering of sorts, I guess.

For some reason I find it hard to swallow. :chew:

bybee

Just wondering if Nang wears a little apron and high heels when she serves up some tidbit to his highness. She said she had something to "serve" him for his perusal....an offering of sorts, I guess.

For some reason I find it hard to swallow. :chew:

I am willing to cut Nang some slack. Obviously, something traumatic has happened to her?
I wonder if God is trying to break through her isolationism and self-righteousness?
When an Epiphany occurs in one's life it may be as wondrous as sun breaking through the clouds. But, it also may be as "aweful" as feeling naked before the Lord! Which of course we are whether we realize it or not!
I have always loved and identified with Calvin's feeling of being "transmogrified"!
That would be the Calvin of "Calvin and Hobbes"!
No doubt the other Calvin experienced his own epiphanies too!

glorydaz

I am willing to cut Nang some slack. Obviously, something traumatic has happened to her?
I wonder if God is trying to break through her isolationism and self-righteousness?
When an Epiphany occurs in one's life it may be as wondrous as sun breaking through the clouds. But, it also may be as "aweful" as feeling naked before the Lord! Which of course we are whether we realize it or not!
I have always loved and identified with Calvin's feeling of being "transmogrified"!
That would be the Calvin of "Calvin and Hobbes"!
No doubt the other Calvin experienced his own epiphanies too!

Are you telling me she doesn't wear anything under that apron? :think:

Yeah, I'm trying to cut her some slack too....she's been mesmerized, star struck, knocked off her feet....poor thing. That happened to me once... when I first saw Elvis on TV.

unknown

I don't know what all went on there, but I am sorry for your loss. That sounds like a terrible thing to go through.
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Does one not reap what one sows? They were the cause of the friction in that church, they had the wrong attitude going in. The human body rejects that which is harmful....and so do spiritual bodies.

If I started attending your church and starting talking about Kabbalah wouldn't you cast me out asap?

Truster

Does one not reap what one sows? They were the cause of the friction in that church, they had the wrong attitude going in. The human body rejects that which is harmful....and so do spiritual bodies.

If I started attending your church and starting talking about Kabbalah wouldn't you cast me out asap?

The term agreed in Amos 3:3 is a mistranslation. It should read ''congregate''. Don't bother checking Strong's because he failed to list it.

It's always advisable to first check to see if the verse you use to show a form of superior knowledge is translated correctly. If you don't then you look like a man who has no true, sound knowledge, let alone superior.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The term agreed in Amos 3:3 is a mistranslation. It should read ''congregate''. Don't bother checking Strong's because he failed to list it.

It's always advisable to first check to see if the verse you use to show a form of superior knowledge is translated correctly. If you don't then you look like a man who has no true, sound knowledge, let alone superior.

And, as you would, readily admit; you ARE the most superior
man around these parts! I can tell from your fanciful hat!

Last edited:

Truster

Be diligent to present yourself approved to Elohim, a worker unashamed straight cutting the word of truth: and stand aloof from profane and vain voices; for they advance to more irreverence; and their word pastures as a gangrene. ECB

Paul to Timotheos.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is somewhat disconcerting to see how Truster has been
able to "mesmerize" some, over to his way of thinking! He
seems to be building an army of, rather devoted followers!

They try their best to defend this man, and ignore his obvious
flaws! I find that, both interesting, and perplexing at the same
time! What power does this individual wield over others? He's
only been here a couple of weeks yet; he has amassed an
entourage of fanatical devotees?

unknown

How can they and why should they congregate if they are not agreed? Why do you bother with finding the right word if you don't understand the meaning in the first place?

bybee

It is somewhat disconcerting to see how Truster has been
able to "mesmerize" some, over to his way of thinking! He
seems to be building an army of, rather devoted followers!

They try their best to defend this man, and ignore his obvious
flaws! I find that, both interesting, and perplexing at the same
time! What power does this individual wield over others? He's
only been here a couple of weeks yet; he has amassed an
entourage of fanatical devotees?

Because the majority of people are actually to be likened to goats which will eat anything?
Hmmmmmm?

Truster

How can they and why should they congregate if they are not agreed? Why do you bother with finding the right word if you don't understand the meaning in the first place?

You can't understand the meaning UNTIL you have the right word.

If you go back to verse 2 you'll have the answer as to why they cannot congregate or agree.

unknown

You can't understand the meaning UNTIL you have the right word.

If you go back to verse 2 you'll have the answer as to why they cannot congregate or agree.
Sorry about your disabilities but you should realize that many people do not suffer the same afflictions as you.

In my life I have had to speak 7 languages, I still speak 4 and words have not been an obstacle to meaning for me. I do understand that the problem exists for some people; they can't even understand English spoken with a foreign accent.

How does any of this have any bearing on my remarks to Delmar? Either way it means the same in the end. They had the wrong attitude and brought their miseries upon themselves.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't know all the facts and neither do you. What I do believe is that she and her husband do seek to follow the God of the Bible and they have suffered damage because of the conflict that occurred. I am allowed to console them for that Was what went on partly their fault? Most likely, we humans, even those saved by grace, tend to be flawed.

bybee

Sorry about your disabilities but you should realize that many people do not suffer the same afflictions as you.

In my life I have had to speak 7 languages, I still speak 4 and words have not been an obstacle to meaning for me. I do understand that the problem exists for some people; they can't even understand English spoken with a foreign accent.

How does any of this have any bearing on my remarks to Delmar? Either way it means the same in the end. They had the wrong attitude and brought their miseries upon themselves.

I believe Delmar, as a good Christian, responded with comfort to Nang's obvious suffering. That is all that was needed! A critique was not required!

Truster

For the sake of clarity please confirm who ''they'' are.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

How strange for a couple to receive criticism whose pastor died (2 of them actually within just a few years), and who were providentially left bereft of their means of worship. What did we do to cause that?

In an attempt to find a biblical church, we acquainted ourselves with a SBC pastor and divulged our Reformed beliefs and our circumstances to HIM, and he gave us permission to enter his flock despite the fact he considered our doctrines to be in error.

We attended his church for the best part of a year, never opening our mouths for two reasons. First, out of respect to the pastor, we did not want to cause any controversy. Second, no one would approach us or seem more than superficially aware of us. We were avoided, and we can only guess it was because word got around that we were "Calvinists!"

The only reason I threw theses pearls of personal experience out before this mob, is because of Lon's recent posts and delusions thinking that I should be disciplined because I question whether he, a professing "Calvinist!" should be worshiping with Arminians.

We found the experience to be unsuccessful.

End of story, but Delmar responded with compassion rather than with the usual scorn we receive when we convey our present hardship.

Thank you Delmar.

May The Lord bless every heart that responded to my post with sympathy and even a tiny amount of spiritual concern. He knows all hearts, so He knows who you are.

Nang

unknown

I don't know all the facts and neither do you. What I do believe is that she and her husband do seek to follow the God of the Bible and they have suffered damage because of the conflict that occurred. I am allowed to console them for that Was what went on partly their fault? Most likely, we humans, even those saved by grace, tend to be flawed.

I believe Delmar, as a good Christian, responded with comfort to Nang's obvious suffering. That is all that was needed! A critique was not required!

Delmar has a very good heart, but how can suffering be avoided if one doesn't know the cause? 99% of the time the cause in in ourselves.

From what I read, she looked down at those who hurt her before she tried to attend THEIR church. She does the same here on TOL.

my apologies to those offended.