My Ignored List

Thunder's Muse

Hey, so am I! :cheers:

As it happens, I did try engaging Truster's content. I said a post of his was bull and I demonstrated for him why that was, and he began falsely accusing me of insulting him and of glorifying Satan.

When I saw engaging his content was going nowhere, I started posting Tom Jones videos--seemed as appropriate as anything in this inappropriate thread. It was for this Truster (and Nang) put me on Ignore.

Moral of the story: Some people just don't like Tom Jones.

Anti-Tommy's I call 'em.

Lon

So Lon, in his arrogance, has nothing to offer these two believers, if his association with such is his primary devotion and criteria of Christianity, and the SBC is his definition of inclusive Christian "charity."

J&R
I understand. I would suggest, however, that the particular pastor and body weren't being true to fellowship ideals either. I'm not sure how come our local body stays away from that kind of disclusion, but we do. The hard thing about the SBC is that they give a certain autonomy to local bodies, but in conference, there is none of that. I think they are trying to be careful and cater to area nuances. I at least applaud the try, if not the best execution of it. I think the sentiment is well-meaning.

I appreciate you finding us worthy of fellowship for such honor, however.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Your hostility seems permanent.

We attempted to worship with them, but we were rejected.

Why is truth a hostility thing to you? Because you dont like the mirror?

And you reject those who arent like you to worship with, how are you any different? You even brag about it.

It taught us that the division is spiritual and the chasm between beliefs is not reconcilable; which you demonstrate in expression of your own hateful replies to our witness.

I don't call you unworthy to worship with nang. I dont deny the cross of Christ to you because you believe in election and i dont, because i know that is not something that has thing one to do with what the requirements of salvation are nang.

You show your stance complete hypocrisy, when you claim anyone who doesnt believe in election like a calvinist is unworthy of worship - and believe at the same time you dont know who is the elect.

Why not just put in your siggy " Im elect/elite and you arent so get away, i am too far above you to worship God near you"

You are the man who praised God that he wasnt like that sinner praying for mercy. You are the friends of Job.

journey

And charism be to Elohim, who always causes us to triumph in the Messiah and manifests the fragrance of his knowledge through us in every place. For to Elohim we are a good fragrance of Messiah - in them who are saved and in them who destruct: indeed to the one the fragrance of death to death; and to the other the fragrance of life to life. And who is adequate for these? For we are not as many who huckster the word of Elohim: but as of sincerity - but as of Elohim, in the sight of Elohim we speak in Messiah.

Romans 10:8-17 ECB But what words it?
The rhema is near you
- in your mouth and in your heart:
that is, the rhema of trust, that we preach;
Deuteronomy 30:12-14
9 so that whenever you profess Adonay Yah Shua
in your mouth
and trust in your heart
that Elohim raised him from the dead,
you become saved.
10 For with the heart, trust is to justness;
and with the mouth, profession is to salvation.
11 For the scripture words,
Whoever trusts on him shames not.
Isaiah 29:16, 49:23
12 For there is no distinction
- Yah Hudiy and Hellene:
for the same Adonay over all
is rich to all who call upon him.
13 For whoever calls upon the name of Yah Veh
becomes saved.
Joel 2:32
14 So then, how call they on him in whom they trust not?
And how trust they in him whom they heard not?
And how hear they apart from a preacher?
15 And how preach they unless they are apostolized?
Exactly as scribed,
How beautiful their feet
who evangelize shalom and evangelize good!
Isaiah 52:7, Nahum 1:15
16 But not all of them obeyed the evangelism.
For Yesha Yah words, Yah Veh,
who trusted our hearing?
Isaiah 53:1
17 So, trust by hearing
and hearing by the rhema of Elohim.

Brother Vinny

No, because we are interacting, even if he chooses not to, which kind of also invalidates the complaint as well :(

Sorry, I'm no help on this one.

But your posts in this thread tonight have exuded warmth. That is to be commended.

My posts probably exude too much snark. I don't know why; life just feels like a joke to me sometimes, often one at my expense. C.S. Lewis talked about a joy that makes one serious. I wonder if I'll ever find it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I understand. I would suggest, however, that the particular pastor and body weren't being true to fellowship ideals either. I'm not sure how come our local body stays away from that kind of disclusion, but we do. The hard thing about the SBC is that they give a certain autonomy to local bodies, but in conference, there is none of that. I think they are trying to be careful and cater to area nuances. I at least applaud the try, if not the best execution of it. I think the sentiment is well-meaning.

I appreciate you finding us worthy of fellowship for such honor, however.

We stayed as long as we did, because the pastor was biblical. Not necessarily interested in or adept at application, but we did hear scripture read, which was better than nothing, but the social rejection made attendance an embarrassment . . . and we had been active and highly respected church people all our Christian lives . . . So the disrespect was hard to assimilate, for we know what genuine and loving fellowship should be like.

Lon

Hostility? You hurt her Nang!

It taught us that the division is spiritual and the chasm between beliefs is not reconcilable; which you demonstrate in expression of your own hateful replies to our witness.
That's not a 'taught' it's an observation. You belong to the same denomination so you must surely know the official stance?

My own position is toward your inclusion as my local body includes me.

Thunder's Muse

But your posts in this thread tonight have exuded warmth. That is to be commended.

My posts probably exude too much snark. I don't know why; life just feels like a joke to me sometimes, often one at my expense. C.S. Lewis talked about a joy that makes one serious. I wonder if I'll ever find it.

'A comedy of errors' is a constant theme I find moving through my day...that or 'if you don't laugh, you cry..' :chuckle:

Lon

You do, but in private (Shhh, sorry, I'm sure I need to keep that a secret). It is my opinion, Truster and anybody who discards you too hastily, loses one with a good heart and worth knowing. Truster made a bad mistake, imo, the day he put you on ignore. It was his loss, but that is our complaint of the man, to date. He is a brute, and I mean that in a bloody way. I think that's some of my blood on his knuckles. By his sig, he is proud of those droplets.

Lon

I think Lon mimics a semi-Pelagian, RCC magistrate these days, claiming the individual believer has no valid witness apart from visible church traditions or permissions.

But there is no argument that Arminians are as doctrinally semi-Pelagian as Roman Catholics.

J&R
:nono: Even Catholics adamantly deny semi-Pelagianism but to say my stance on inclusion is Catholic (they won't allow any of us without conversion) or that it somehow makes me believe we earn our salvation is indiscriminate and undiscerning. The Southern Baptists probably are fighting a losing battle with its eclectic nature but they've maintained to date. Such is an amazing feat.

IMJerusha

Excuse me BUT I have interacted with Truster and from the gitgo was treated just as those in that SBC you attended. Additionally, you have chosen to ignore the fact that he condemns you as well.
I continued to interact with Truster and put forth Scripture after Scripture when he just up and decided to place me on his not so courteous list, the mark of a man without a solid foundation.
My foundation is in Yeshua, the same Jesus of your foundation. According to Truster, neither of us has a foundation that is based in Truth but rather in deceit. Open your eyes and see the fact that naught is upon this man but what he has sown.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Did you speak to them as you speak to those who differ with you here?

It taught us that the division is spiritual and the chasm between beliefs is not reconcilable;
I count Catholics, Church of Christ, Baptists, Calvinists and even the odd Methodist (if that isn't redundant) among my brothers and sisters in Christ and choose to see the commonality of our shared reliance upon grace and our Savior instead of bickering over the dogmatic differences that attend earnest but imperfect men struggling toward a more perfect understanding of their walk.

I don't have issues with honest differences unless they impact the salvific truth of the cross or they're set out as hostile indictments against others in Christ.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Did you speak to them as you speak to those who differ with you here?

I count Catholics, Church of Christ, Baptists, Calvinists and even the odd Methodist (if that isn't redundant) among my brothers and sisters in Christ and choose to see the commonality of our shared reliance upon grace and our Savior instead of bickering over the dogmatic differences that attend earnest but imperfect men struggling toward a more perfect understanding of their walk.

I don't have issues with honest differences unless they impact the salvific truth of the cross or they're set out as hostile indictments against others in Christ.

:BRAVO: