My Ignored List

IMJerusha

Did you speak to them as you speak to those who differ with you here?

I count Catholics, Church of Christ, Baptists, Calvinists and even the odd Methodist (if that isn't redundant) among my brothers and sisters in Christ and choose to see the commonality of our shared reliance upon grace and our Savior instead of bickering over the dogmatic differences that attend earnest but imperfect men struggling toward a more perfect understanding of their walk.

I don't have issues with honest differences unless they impact the salvific truth of the cross or they're set out as hostile indictments against others in Christ.

Well, I certainly hope the odd Messianic has a place in your esteem of the Body as you certainly have a place in mine.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Did you speak to them as you speak to those who differ with you here?

My husband spoke Elder to Elder with the Pastor; nothing personal was directed to the congregation.

But the Pastor had shared our confession of the Reformed belief to his elders . . . which got around amongst the congregation, I guess.

I count Catholics, Church of Christ, Baptists, Calvinists and even the odd Methodist (if that isn't redundant) among my brothers and sisters in Christ and choose to see the commonality of our shared reliance upon grace and our Savior instead of bickering over the dogmatic differences that attend earnest but imperfect men struggling toward a more perfect understanding of their walk.

I don't have issues with honest differences unless they impact the salvific truth of the cross or they're set out as hostile indictments against others in Christ.

That's nice. What church do you attend?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's nice. What church do you attend?

Why does that matter to you so much, either someone walks the walk or they don't. I don't need to know what church you attend to know whether or not your message is biblical or not where salvation is concerned.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Excuse me BUT I have interacted with Truster and from the gitgo was treated just as those in that SBC you attended. Additionally, you have chosen to ignore the fact that he condemns you as well.
I continued to interact with Truster and put forth Scripture after Scripture when he just up and decided to place me on his not so courteous list, the mark of a man without a solid foundation.
My foundation is in Yeshua, the same Jesus of your foundation. According to Truster, neither of us has a foundation that is based in Truth but rather in deceit. Open your eyes and see the fact that naught is upon this man but what he has sown.

You finally caught on to Trusters shenanigans huh?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why does that matter to you so much, either someone walks the walk or they don't. I don't need to know what church you attend to know whether or not your message is biblical or not where salvation is concerned.

Uh, unless you have not noticed, Lon has determined that only church officials can make such determinations, and the lay persons are not allowed a witness to their faith.

And now TH has weighed in with his own denominational and ecumenical declarations . . .

I defend not only myself against such limitations and strictures, but in principle, defend you too.

Go gripe to Lon and TH . . . not me . . .

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My husband spoke Elder to Elder with the Pastor; nothing personal was directed to the congregation.

But the Pastor had shared our confession of the Reformed belief to his elders . . . which got around amongst the congregation, I guess.
Well, if that bothered them I have as much of a problem with them as I do with you now on that count.

That's nice.
So no answer, just the smug one-off. Okay. Suit yourself.

What church do you attend?
The local Presbyterian, but I'm not a Presbyterian. How tall are you?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Uh, unless you have not noticed, Lon has determined that only church officials can make such determinations, and the lay persons are not allowed a witness to their faith.

And now TH has weighed in with his own denominational and ecumenical declarations . . .

I defend not only myself against such limitations and strictures, but in principle, defend you too.

Go gripe to Lon and TH . . . not me . . .

Your and Lons difference over an entity that you both share, is a separate issue from the rest of us, who are concerned about your lack of discernment where salvation is concerned, and your supporting a man declaring that those of us who do not believe what he does across the board isnt saved, and your statements of arminians not being worthy of worship with you and as such no longer friends.

While both matters are about your lack of discernment and excluding the body - i am not concerned about whether or not you need discipline from your particular church body or the group that you and Lon share, since i am not part of that group and neither are most people here in this - i am concerned about your stance in general being unbiblical and judgmental and arrogant and false to judge the very salvation of others who believe the exact same thing as you about the nature of salvation but only differ with you on election/predestination theology.

Theology doesnt save, Christ does. You are as much a wolf to the gospel of God when you deny the cross like truster to those who are the children of savior, who are as worthy to worship Him as you are.

According to truster since i regect that falseness, i reject the messiah because according to him, if a woman rejects something or has an issue with a man who claims to know Christ, their issue is with Christ, what a load of un-Biblical bull, he is not God to pass judgments like that.

Thats the kind of thing cult leaders teach, to silence truth.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, if that bothered them I have as much of a problem with them as I do with you now on that count.

So no answer, just the smug one-off. Okay. Suit yourself.

The local Presbyterian, but I'm not a Presbyterian. How tall are you?

I am so happy with your answer!!!

They just might make a Presby out of you, and Jack will be safe around their sanctified and healthy children! :)

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Your and Lons difference over an entity that you both share, is a separate issue from the rest of us, who are concerned about your lack of discernment where salvation is concerned, and your supporting a man declaring that those of us who do not believe what he does across the board isnt saved, and your statements of arminians not being worthy of worship with you and as such no longer friends.

While both matters are about your lack of discernment and excluding the body - i am not concerned about whether or not you need discipline from your particular church body or the group that you and Lon share, since i am not part of that group and neither are most people here in this - i am concerned about your stance in general being unbiblical and judgmental and arrogant and false to judge the very salvation of others who believe the exact same thing as you about the nature of salvation but only differ with you on election/predestination theology.

Theology doesnt save, Christ does. You are as much a wolf to the gospel of God when you deny the cross like truster to those who are the children of savior, who are as worthy to worship Him as you are.

According to truster since i regent that falseness, i reject the messiah because according to him, if a woman regents something or has an issue with a man who claims to know Christ, their issue is with Christ, what a load of un-Biblical bull, he is not God to pass judgments like that.

Thats the kind of thing cult leaders teach, to silence truth.

I counted 11 misrepresentations of myself and others in this post.

You are either sloppy in your reading of others, or you are just determined to be contrary towards all . . . go figure . .

:nono:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I counted 11 misrepresentations of myself and others in this post.

You are either sloppy in your reading of others, or you are just determined to be contrary towards all . . . go figure . .

:nono:

In other words you see yourself so high and mighty that you uncorrectable, i leave you to yourself and God.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am so happy with your answer!!! They just might make a Presby out of you,
Not likely, but they're Christians, so I'm hanging out with family, even if I think they have a few odd notions.

and Jack will be safe around their sanctified and healthy children! :)
Jack will be safe with the man God gave him to in trust to rear upright, but the other kids are fine so far as kids go.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We stayed as long as we did, because the pastor was biblical. Not necessarily interested in or adept at application, but we did hear scripture read, which was better than nothing, but the social rejection made attendance an embarrassment . . . and we had been active and highly respected church people all our Christian lives . . . So the disrespect was hard to assimilate, for we know what genuine and loving fellowship should be like.

I don't know what all went on there, but I am sorry for your loss. That sounds like a terrible thing to go through.