Muslims Warn NJ School Board: 'We're Going to Be the Majority Soon'

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And you consider a school closing to be a celebration of it that you'd be forced to join?

Yes, specifically if they aren't closing it for allreligious holidays. then there is separation of church and state, remember?

It cant be both ways.

Quetzal

Ok I see. I went to a non-denominational private school so that would explain my ignorance
I am from Virginia and that was the typical layout. Whatever week hosted Easter was usually the same week spring break happened. Mileage may vary for other schools/locations though.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes, specifically if they aren't closing it for allreligious holidays. then there is separation of church and state, remember?

It cant be both ways.

How is having off school because they close forcing you to celebrate a holiday? You just have off that day. :idunno:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How is having off school because they close forcing you to celebrate a holiday? You just have off that day. :idunno:

How is closing a school specifically for a religious holiday, not a separation of church and state issue?

As stated before, it cant be both ways. Schools aren't out for good Friday.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
How is closing a school specifically for a religious holiday, not a separation of church and state issue?

As stated before, it cant be both ways. Schools aren't out for good Friday.

I wasn't asking about that part. I was asking about you celebrating it.

As far as church/state, if a district doesn't exclude certain religions then it doesn't seem like it should be an issue. But if you are concerned with it snowballing into being closed for tons of days for various religions then I guess they could stop all of them, including Christmas. Although Christmas might benefit from being included in some kind of between-semester break.

Deciding holidays based on population seems fine enough. With the allowance that individual families can keep their children out with no penalty if their holiday isn't one of the official closings. I guess someone could still say it's a violation of the separation of church and state but it really comes down to a practical matter, not endorsing one religion over another.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I wasn't asking about that part. I was asking about you celebrating it.

As far as church/state, if a district doesn't exclude certain religions then it doesn't seem like it should be an issue. But if you are concerned with it snowballing into being closed for tons of days for various religions then I guess they could stop all of them, including Christmas. Although Christmas might benefit from being included in some kind of between-semester break.

Deciding holidays based on population seems fine enough. With the allowance that individual families can keep their children out with no penalty if their holiday isn't one of the official closings. I guess someone could still say it's a violation of the separation of church and state but it really comes down to a practical matter, not endorsing one religion over another.

Children are already excused for their religious holidays, no need for the school to close.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Children are already excused for their religious holidays, no need for the school to close.

Yes, they can skip a day, but it's not quite the same as having the school closed because stuff still goes on and they have to catch up.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, they can skip a day, but it's not quite the same as having the school closed because stuff still goes on and they have to catch up.

And, my children have always been able to do it when they missed good friday. I don't know many teachers that give cant miss material when a large portion of students are excused absent.

Cleekster

I also think school should be an all year thing. We no longer need the three month summer break.

I don't agree with you on that, having had one parent living in Ky and one in Mississippi, both being school teachers not having the 3 month break in summer would've mean't choosing which parent to give up for all practical intents and purposes.

oatmeal

II Corinthians 2:11

Islam is an ungodly religion.

Light dispels darkness.

Therefore speak the truth in love. Ephesians 4:15

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
II Corinthians 2:11

Islam is an ungodly religion.

Light dispels darkness.

Therefore speak the truth in love. Ephesians 4:15

Worldwide Islamic terrorism and their goal of world domination is prophesied in about three chapters in the bible. Anybody know where?