Muslims Warn NJ School Board: 'We're Going to Be the Majority Soon'

Sitamun

Like this?

That doesnt look very respectful to me. :think:

It was an honest question. Why are you so adverse to TWO days?

If we leave it to the "Big Three" add in year round school, but over the course of the year still having about three months off, just spread out, it could work easily. If the "Big Three" ever change then we can address that if/when that happens in whatever area it is happening in.

Also, could you address my other questions as well?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Now, A4T if there is a separation of church and state like you said, then why is Christmas (A Christian Holy Day) a federal holiday? Are there other religious holy days listed as federal holidays? Yes, I am well aware that lines can blur and it is so easy for that to happen when one religion has a majority hold for so long in a country. I am not mad that Christmas is a federal holiday or that schools are closed etc. I'm just suggesting that maybe MAYBE, by looking at the changing demographics of an area and if a large enough "percentage" warrants a school closing so be it.

Because saying Happy Birthday to Jesus, isnt against it anymore than saying Happy Birthday to Martin Luther King Jr is.

Even those who aren't believers, recognize Jesus Christ, and so does your own religion as well as those who are secular since He existed. This is why its never been rescinded.

The law doesn't say Jesus Christ is God, it says so that people can "celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ".

If you would like to continue down this side path, make your own thread, thanks.

Sitamun

A4T, please remember, I am NOT Muslim, my husband is. That being reestablished, I have stated that I have no issue with Christmas being a federal holiday, but I was HOPING you could see that these other religious holy days are as important to people of other faiths as Christmas is to you and hoping that maybe you would get it a modicum of respect. Too much to ask I guess, since according to you Muslims just want to take over, which they don't. But until something new is actually presented, I'm done.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It was an honest question. Why are you so adverse to TWO days?
Its not about the number of days.

If we leave it to the "Big Three" add in year round school, but over the course of the year still having about three months off, just spread out, it could work easily. If the "Big Three" ever change then we can address that if/when that happens in whatever area it is happening in.

Then you want it limited to only 3 religions, not all of them, got it. And you dont see an issue with your own position, got that too.

Also, could you address my other questions as well?
What question was missed, if you want to keep talking about the federal holiday thing, make your own thread.

Sitamun

Then you want it limited to only 3 religions, not all of them, got it. And you dont see an issue with your own position, got that too.

I said demographically, and statistically using demographics it will most likely fall within the "Big Three". In some districts it maybe two, or just one. Depending on whichever percentage is deemed suitable. Given the number of religions, I would view it as unfair to close school district wide for say just one student to celebrate their holy day, in that instance then just being excused is fine. Now I have no idea how many muslim students make up that New Jersey school district. If it is in fact 5 Muslim kids in a district of 10,000 than I don't see a day off. Hey maybe there's a school district where 20% are Jedi? Hopefully by now you get what I've been saying. IF there are enough student to warrant a day off next year or years to come, why not?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I said demographically, and statistically using demographics it will most likely fall within the "Big Three". In some districts it maybe two, or just one. Depending on whichever percentage is deemed suitable. Given the number of religions, I would view it as unfair to close school district wide for say just one student to celebrate their holy day, in that instance then just being excused is fine. Now I have no idea how many muslim students make up that New Jersey school district. If it is in fact 5 Muslim kids in a district of 10,000 than I don't see a day off. Hey maybe there's a school district where 20% are Jedi? Hopefully by now you get what I've been saying. IF there are enough student to warrant a day off next year or years to come, why not?

Schools cannot promote a specific religion unless they are private.That is what has been upheld repeatedly by the law.
Thats why. Closing in honor of a religious holiday would definitely be promotion, and its not about how many adherents are in an area.

Sitamun

Schools cannot promote a specific religion unless they are private.That is what has been upheld repeatedly by the law.
Thats why. Closing in honor of a religious holiday would definitely be promotion, and its not about how many adherents are in an area.

You should know that there are ways around that. Couching holidays inside "breaks" Winter break, spring break, etc. If we got rid of that pesky 3 month summer break, it could easily be done. Just because it's called "winter break" doesn't mean we don't know it's there because of christmas. Especially since it actually used to be called Christmas break. Let's say one of the Muslim holidays falls on a thursday, the district could even take that day and the friday following as "teacher institute days". Viola

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You should know that there are ways around that. Couching holidays inside "breaks" Winter break, spring break, etc. If we got rid of that pesky 3 month summer break, it could easily be done. Just because it's called "winter break" doesn't mean we don't know it's there because of christmas. Especially since it actually used to be called Christmas break. Let's say one of the Muslim holidays falls on a thursday, the district could even take that day and the friday following as "teacher institute days". Viola

We don't need to get rid of that "pesky" 3 month break just because you want to. You already have the right under the law to be excused from class to observe your religious holidays.

Sitamun

We don't need to get rid of that "pesky" 3 month break just because you want to. You already have the right under the law to be excused from class to observe your religious holidays.

Yes, for the sake of the education of our children we most definitely SHOULD get rid of what we know as "Summer Vacation". Plenty of studies show that school children lose A LOT of information learned over the previous 9 months over that vacation break. Take those three months and spread them throughout the year, same amount of time off, just distributed differently. For the last time they aren't MY religious holidays and the fact that you keep saying it doesn't change that fact.

Tinark

Why do they need to do that, when muslims are already excused from school during their holidays?

How about jewish holidays, should the school close for them also?

If any of these groups make up a significant enough portion of the school population, then yes, it makes sense. Give everyone the day off since so many will be missing on that day anyway and make it up later.

It's also why I believe that the Monday after the SuperBowl should be a national holiday - so many people partied the night before and will not be very productive at work. Give everyone that day off and get rid of something like Columbus Day to make up for it.

bybee

If any of these groups make up a significant enough portion of the school population, then yes, it makes sense. Give everyone the day off since so many will be missing on that day anyway and make it up later.

It's also why I believe that the Monday after the SuperBowl should be a national holiday - so many people partied the night before and will not be very productive at work. Give everyone that day off and get rid of something like Columbus Day to make up for it.

On many weekends there are people working for Habitat for Humanity. It is hard, demanding, physical work. Maybe they should have Mondays off? But they don't need Monday's off. They haven't drunk themselves stupid.

Quetzal

He only posts non-stop how he wants to have them all murdered, surely you couldn't have missed it?
I thought about that, wanted to see if he would have the courage to come right out and say it in this thread. Guess I have my answer. :chuckle:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, for the sake of the education of our children we most definitely SHOULD get rid of what we know as "Summer Vacation". Plenty of studies show that school children lose A LOT of information learned over the previous 9 months over that vacation break. Take those three months and spread them throughout the year, same amount of time off, just distributed differently. For the last time they aren't MY religious holidays and the fact that you keep saying it doesn't change that fact.

Wait, your husband is muslim, but you don't have to raise your kids that way? I thought that was a must in Islam?

In Islam a man can marry outside the faith (a woman can't) and any children have to be raised according to the husbands Islamic faith only.

Jose Fly

So the take-home message here is that we don't want our public schools run by boards composed of religiously-motivated zealots?

I've been making that argument for decades. :think:

Sitamun

So the take-home message here is that we don't want our public schools run by boards composed of religiously-motivated zealots?

I've been making that argument for decades. :think:

They just have to be the right religious zealots

Sitamun

Lighten up! I do not want any religious zealots on school boards and most of the people I know feel the same way.

I'm sorry Bybee, but I'm just getting a little tired of being called something I am not and have never claimed to be. Of course I'm not accusing you of doing it, but it has made me a bit testy.