Muslim here. Ask me a question..

Greg Jennings

You have a selective memory.

Read, and react, to the bump post for a refresher...

Hmm....I didn't see you answer my question in your last post. Maybe you didn't see it? I'll post it here for you again, just in case you missed it:

Can you find me one - just one - professor, theologian, religious scholar, or expert in Arabic languages that agrees with your translations about Allah being "king of the Jinn" and so on?

If you cannot, I want you to explain to me why that is, and how it is that you have figured out some secret translation of one of the most popular texts in the world and yet nobody else of consequence has?

Now, Apple7, as someone who doesn't stand to be ignored himself, surely you aren't ignoring me, are you?

Apple7

Hmm....I didn't see you answer my question in your last post. Maybe you didn't see it? I'll post it here for you again, just in case you missed it:

Can you find me one - just one - professor, theologian, religious scholar, or expert in Arabic languages that agrees with your translations about Allah being "king of the Jinn" and so on?

If you cannot, I want you to explain to me why that is, and how it is that you have figured out some secret translation of one of the most popular texts in the world and yet nobody else of consequence has?

Now, Apple7, as someone who doesn't stand to be ignored himself, surely you aren't ignoring me, are you?

The classic Arabic lexicons are where the definition came from in the first place, brother.

Come on, lazy bones...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

The DJinn, yes.

View attachment 21231

Greg Jennings

The classic Arabic lexicons are where the definition came from in the first place, brother.

Come on, lazy bones...

So find me one expert who agrees with you. If your statement is true, that should be easy. Why won't you do it?

And if you can't find one, why won't you explain to me why that is, as I've requested repeatedly?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
We have to make this test easy because grassyPate is seaNile. He, (I mean she) can neither read nor right but only type.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
type-cast. She can only typecast. That is because a crock-of-dial-soap hit her when she was fishing in the cement pond with all the other hill billies.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Bit her. The crock-of-dial-soap bit her when she was fishing for the truth.

My mother always wash my mouth out with soap when ever I told a fib. GrannyPate eats soap like it was chocolate truffles.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Who was it that didn't like the Pilgrims?

A. grannyPate

A. Muslims

A. The English aristocracy

A. The Pope

A. Religion in general

The answer once again is A.

Apple7

Excellent! Now give me a link to his translations that agree with yours, and we'll be on our way

Already did.

Try not to overlook it this time...

An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume five, pp. 2138 - 2142

العَالَمُ ذ , (S, Msb, K, &c.,) said by some to be also pronounced ↓ العَالِمُ , (MF, TA,) and pronounced by El-Hajjáj with hemz [i. e. العَأْلَمُ], is primarily a name for That by means of which one knows [a thing]; like as الخَاتَمُ is a name for “ that by means of which one seals ” [a thing]: accord. to some of the expositors of the Kur-án, its predominant application is to that by means of which the Creator is known: then to the intelligent beings of mankind and of the jinn or genii: or to mankind and the jinn and the angels: and mankind [alone]: Es-Seyyid Esh-Shereef [El- Jurjánee] adopts the opinion that it is applied to every kind [of these, so that one says عَالَمُ الإِِنْسِ (which may be rendered the world of mankind) and عَالَمُ الجِنِّ (the world of the jinn or genii) and عَالَمُ المَلَائِكَةِ (the world of the angels), all of which phrases are of frequent occurrence], and to the kinds [thereof] collectively: (TA: ) or it signifies الخَلْقُ [i. e. the creation, as meaning the beings, or things, that are created], (S, Msb, K,) altogether [i. e. all the created beings or things, or all creatures]: (K: ) or, as some say, peculiarly, the intelligent creatures: (Msb: ) or what the cavity (lit. belly) of the celestial sphere comprises, (K, TA,) of substances and accidents: (TA: ) [it may often be rendered the world, as meaning the universe; and as meaning the earth with all its inhabitants and other appertenances; and in more restricted senses, as instanced above: and one says عَالَمُ الحَيَوَانِ meaning the animal kingdom, and عَالَمُ النَّبَات the vegetable kingdom, and عَالَمُ المَعَادِنِ the mineral kingdom:] Jaafar Es-Sádik says that the عَالَم is twofold: namely, العَالَمُ الكَبِيرُ, which is the celestial sphere with what is within it; and العَالَمُ الصَّغِيرُ, which is man, as being [a microcosm, i. e.] an epitome of all that is in the كَبِير: and Zj says that العَالَمُ has no literal sing., because it is [significant of] a plurality [of classes] of diverse things; and if made a sing. of one of them, it is [significant of] a plurality of congruous things: (TA: ) the pl. is العَالَمُونَ (S, M, Msb, K, &c.) and العَوَالِمُ: (S, TA: ) and the sing. is [said to be] the only instance of a word of the measure فَاعَلٌ having a pl. formed with و and ن, (ISd, K, TA,) except يَاسَمٌ: (K, TA: ) [but see this latter word:] العَالَمُونَ signifies the [several] sorts of created beings or things: (S: ) [or all the sorts thereof: or the beings of the universe, or of the whole world:] it has this form because it includes mankind: or because it denotes particularly the sorts of created beings consisting of the angels and the jinn and mankind, exclusively of others: I'Ab is related to have explained رَبُّ العَالَمِينَ as meaning the Lord of the jinn, or genii, and of mankind: Katádeh says, the Lord of all the created beings: but accord. to Az, the correctness of the explanation of I'Ab is shown by the saying in the beginning of ch. xxv. of the Kur-án that the Prophet was to be a نَذِير [or warner] لِلْعَالَمِينَ; and he was not a نذير to the beasts, nor to the angels, though all of them are the creatures of God; but only to the jinn, or genii, and mankind. (TA.) ― -b2- عَالَمٌ is also syn. with قَرْنٌ [as meaning A generation of mankind; or the people of one time]. (O, voce طَبَقٌ, q. v.)

:cigar: