Muslim here. Ask me a question..

Apple7

You're not fooling anyone with this nonsense personal translation of yours. Anybody with half a brain can look up the Surah and see for themselves.

If your translation is right, show me one credible source that translates Surah 41:9-10 as you do. That means literally any source that isn't admittedly anti-Islamic. I'll be waiting eagerly

More hypocrisy on your part.

You, yourself, keep relying on someone else's translation (which you have absolutely no possible way to defend)...and then you demand that no one else do the same...

Greg Jennings

More hypocrisy on your part.

You, yourself, keep relying on someone else's translation (which you have absolutely no possible way to defend)...and then you demand that no one else do the same...

Yes, I am relying on many other people's translations, and they all say more or less the same thing. Funny thing is, they don't say what you do. Not any of them.

Remember when I asked you for a source that translates Surah 41:9-10 as you do? Why didn't you provide that?:think:

In the meantime I translated John 6:35 into English myself and this is what I found:
"Then Jesus declared, 'I am the king of the jinn. No really guys, I am.'"

Apple7

Yes, I am relying on many other people's translations, and they all say more or less the same thing. Funny thing is, they don't say what you do. Not any of them.

The very fact that more than one rendering exists is proof that they do not agree with one another.

Remember when I asked you for a source that translates Surah 41:9-10 as you do? Why didn't you provide that?:think:

The more interesting question would be where is the exegesis behind all the renderings that do not?

Should be a mountain of evidence, right?

Where is it....?

Waiting...

Greg Jennings

The very fact that more than one rendering exists is proof that they do not agree with one another.
And what of the dozens of differing bible translations? I guess that disproves the bible, right?

The more interesting question would be where is the exegesis behind all the renderings that do not?

Should be a mountain of evidence, right?

Where is it....?

Waiting...
They're on the websites I gave you. Take a look.

For the third time: Please give me just one source that translates Surah 41 as you do. Come on....just one. Give me one source that says "Allah is lord of the jinn" as you falsely claim it says. Come on. You post that one credible source and you prove me wrong.

Apple7

In the meantime I translated John 6:35 into English myself and this is what I found:
"Then Jesus declared, 'I am the king of the jinn. No really guys, I am.'"

The difference would be that you would NOT be able to exegetically defend your rendering.

Just like you cannot defend the other Koranic renderings that you hide behind.

Apple7

And what of the dozens of differing bible translations? I guess that disproves the bible, right?

Show us how it would...

They're on the websites I gave you. Take a look.

For the third time: Please give me just one source that translates Surah 41 as you do. Come on....just one

Anyone with a pulse and an internet link can google a verse.

Rarely, will you find someone who can actually defend it.

You are not that rare of a person...

Greg Jennings

The difference would be that you would NOT be able to exegetically defend your rendering.

Just like you cannot defend the other Koranic renderings that you hide behind.

Hmm...that's funny because I've found just as many sources saying my translation of John is correct as you have found in favor of your Surah translation.

So I guess if Allah is the jinn lord, Jesus is too? Crazy that

Greg Jennings

Show us how it would...
I don't think it would. You do. You said that different renderings of the same Surah proved its inauthenticity. If that's true, then differing renderings of the same bible passage also prove inauthenticity.

Anyone with a pulse and an internet link can google a verse.

Rarely, will you find someone who can actually defend it.

You are not that rare of a person...

Found your supporting source yet? No? I wonder why you keep ignoring that question? It's almost like you can't come up with an answer for it, huh? :think:

Apple7

Hmm...that's funny because I've found just as many sources saying my translation of John is correct as you have found in favor of your Surah translation.

So I guess if Allah is the jinn lord, Jesus is too? Crazy that

There you go hiding behind other people's translations.

You would have to show us YOUR exegesis to have credibility....of which, you most obviously do not have...

Apple7

I don't think it would. You do. You said that different renderings of the same Surah proved its inauthenticity. If that's true, then differing renderings of the same bible passage also prove inauthenticity.

That would be your newly-created argument.

Your position is that the most popular renderings, that are in agreement, are the most correct.

I have already shown otherwise.

Found your supporting source yet? No? I wonder why you keep ignoring that question? It's almost like you can't come up with an answer for it, huh? :think:

Strawman.

I don't need another's rendering to hide behind like you do...

Greg Jennings

There you go hiding behind other people's translations.

You would have to show us YOUR exegesis to have credibility....of which, you most obviously do not have...

I gues you don't have much of a sense for sarcasm, huh? I'm using the Jesus example to make fun of your ridiculous translation that only you have

Greg Jennings

That would be your newly-created argument.

Your position is that the most popular renderings, that are in agreement, are the most correct.

I have already shown otherwise.
What are you talking about? I never said most popular. I said, to paraphrase, "many different sources all agree on the same translation, more or less."

That's obviously true. And I guess I missed where you showed anything? I keep asking for a corroborating source for your laughable translation, and you just keep ignoring the question.

Strawman.
How do you know when a fundamentalist is cornered? They start chunking "strawmen"

I don't need another's rendering to hide behind like you do...
Yeah you do. You're not real familiar with peer review, are you? It's something used in the real world to verify things.

You can undeniably win this argument and prove to everyone how genius you are if you find just one credible source that corroborates your translation of Surah 41:9-10. The fact that you won't.....excuse me....can't, says everything.

Greg Jennings

Again...

Your bluff has been called.

Deal with it.

I don't recall bluffing, but I do recall making fun of you and you not realizing it, to my great amusement.

What of your translation? I call your bluff on it being true. Now find me a source that agrees with your translation and prove me wrong. I can't wait!

Apple7

What are you talking about? I never said most popular. I said, to paraphrase, "many different sources all agree on the same translation, more or less."

Since when is agreement = correctness?

That's obviously true. And I guess I missed where you showed anything? I keep asking for a corroborating source for your laughable translation, and you just keep ignoring the question.

The literal rendering is in agreement...

Say: "Do you disbelieve (E) with who created the earth/Planet Earth in two days, and you make/put for Him equals (idols), that (is) the creations all together's/(universes') Lord.

How do you know when a fundamentalist is cornered? They start chunking "strawmen"

You have a better term for what you do...?

Yeah you do. You're not real familiar with peer review, are you? It's something used in the real world to verify things.

I use it all the time.

You can undeniably win this argument and prove to everyone how genius you are if you find just one credible source that corroborates your translation of Surah 41:9-10. The fact that you won't.....excuse me....can't, says everything.

Already did....since this is the only thing you had left...

Apple7

I don't recall bluffing, but I do recall making fun of you and you not realizing it, to my great amusement.

What of your translation? I call your bluff on it being true. Now find me a source that agrees with your translation and prove me wrong. I can't wait!

Where is the exegesis of the renderings that you hide behind...?

Apple7

On the websites I provided you, as I said before.

No exegesis exists on your googled websites.

If you disagree, then show us right now...

So now for the fifth time: Why don't you provide a source baking up your idiotic translation and prove me wrong? Prove you're not a liar?

For the second time, right here...

Say: "Do you disbelieve (E) with who created the earth/Planet Earth in two days, and you make/put for Him equals (idols), that (is) the creations all together's/(universes') Lord.

Deal with it this time.

Greg Jennings

No exegesis exists on your googled websites.

If you disagree, then show us right now...
Really? Then what is this?
http://www.al-islam.org/enlightenin...-vol-16/surah-fussilat-chapter-41-verses-1-40

For the second time, right here...

Deal with it this time.
Are you serious? I must be giving you entirely too much credit here. That's not a source. You just typed some words. I want a link to another site where somebody translated the Surah the same as you. Why is this so difficult for you?

Apple7

Googled garbage that you cannot defend.

Let's see if you can tell us what they had to say regarding أندادا

:cigar:

Are you serious? I must be giving you entirely too much credit here. That's not a source. You just typed some words. I want a link to another site where somebody translated the Surah the same as you. Why is this so difficult for you?

The Literal rendering...

http://www.koranlitranslateandtheconspiracy.com/