Mass shooting in Orlando, Florida USA 20 dead

ClimateSanity

You are distorting reality to help you rationalise your objectionable racist opinions.

After extremist islamist atrocities, I see queues of Muslims offering blood to the hospitals, I see Muslim leaders on the news expressing horror and appealing to the extremists to follow peaceful traditions, I see Muslims preaching peace and tolerance and to anger at how they are being portrayed by the more rabid press.

Muslims DO NOT agree in general with the Islamist ideologies, especially those living close to the biggest trouble: here is the Pew Research on the matter,

View attachment 24405

Pew research is a joke with an agenda to pursue.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Orlando Police said:
Dispatcher (OD)
Shooter (OM)

OD: Emergency 911, this is being recorded.

OM: In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficial [in Arabic]

OD: What?

OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [in Arabic]. I let you know, I’m in Orlando and I did the shootings.

OD: What’s your name?

OM: My name is I pledge of allegiance to [omitted].

OD: Ok, What’s your name?

OM: I pledge allegiance to [omitted] may God protect him [in Arabic], on behalf of [omitted].

OD: Alright, where are you at?

OM: In Orlando.

OD: Where in Orlando?

[End of call.]

fool

Hall of Fame
You are distorting reality to help you rationalise your objectionable racist opinions.

After extremist islamist atrocities, I see queues of Muslims offering blood to the hospitals, I see Muslim leaders on the news expressing horror and appealing to the extremists to follow peaceful traditions, I see Muslims preaching peace and tolerance and to anger at how they are being portrayed by the more rabid press.

Muslims DO NOT agree in general with the Islamist ideologies, especially those living close to the biggest trouble: here is the Pew Research on the matter,

View attachment 24405

That poll You just posted should be The Illustration next to the word Cherrypicked in the dictionary.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

I am not distorting anything, I see it quite clearly for the reality it is, these crazy muslims have been at this crap since the 6th century and if you put down the bong long enough the fog might lift enough for you actually be able to identify reality.

gcthomas

I am not distorting anything, I see it quite clearly for the reality it is, these crazy muslims have been at this crap since the 6th century and if you put down the bong long enough the fog might lift enough for you actually be able to identify reality.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about you. :up:

The other billion Christians of the world will be pleased to know I don't tar them all with the same brush just because you have let them down.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

The other billion Christians of the world will be pleased to know I don't tar them all with the same brush just because you have let them down.

His "these crazy muslims" comment and the comments of others here who consider themselves to be righteous arbiters of all that is true remind me of the mindset of the early U.S. approach to the Native Americans they pushed out of their ancestral lands so (they government and settlers) could take the land (and all its natural riches) for themselves (using unscrupulous "treaties"). They wanted the Native Americans to acculturate to the white man's ways, and if they wouldn't or couldn't, then they would be forced to change, with death being the only alternative.

One Pawnee's response:

"To do what they called civilizing us... was to destroy us. You know they thought that changing us, getting rid of our old ways and language and names would make us like white men. But why should we want to be like them, cheaters and greedy?"

There are those who want to see all Muslims destroyed in the same way. Not just the terrorists among the Muslims - all the Muslims.

chair

There is danger in ignoring Islamic violence, and there is danger in heading towards fascism.

Your Pew poll, by the way, asks a very specific question, about attitudes towards ISIS, which is one particular extreme Sunni group. If they had asked about Shiite terror, they may have gotten quite different answers in places like Lebanon.

GC - you didn't respond to my earlier post....Chair

fool

Hall of Fame
Which research would YOU like to cherrypick to counter?

I don't think cherrypicking is a good way to support a point or form an opinion.
The fact is that ISIS Exists. So no matter how unpopular it is in some places it is in fact itself actually a place.
On the map dude. you can walk over to your globe with a sharpie and edit with dates and stuff. Syria is having a civil war granted but once they had some Syria and then carved a piece of Iraq out they became a geographical thing.
Unpopular ideas don't become countries gobbling up territory and getting bombed by both the USA and Russia at the same time. No matter what the other countries say there is some spring feeding this river.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
His "these crazy muslims" comments

Ramadan-Bombathon-2016.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Attack anywhere else: terrorism

Attack in US: gun control issue

:plain:
It could be both. I don't doubt that some people are trying to ignore the terrorism aspect but I think mostly people are talking about guns in the context of terrorism.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
P.S. The latest gun bills have failed and are failing
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...oised-more-gun-control-votes-senate/86114058/

► An amendment by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., would allow the attorney general to deny a gun sale to anyone if she has a "reasonable belief" — a lesser standard than "probable cause" — that the buyer was likely to engage in terrorism. The proposal is popularly known as the "no-fly, no-buy" amendment, but wouldn't just apply to people on the "no fly" terrorist watch list.

► An Republican alternative by Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, which would require that law enforcement be alerted when anyone on the terror watch list attempts to buy a weapon from a licensed dealer. If the buyer has been investigated for terrorism within the past five years, the attorney general could block a sale for up to three days while a court reviews the sale.

► An amendment by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, would make it more difficult to add mentally ill people to the background check database, giving people suspected of serious mental illness a process to challenge that determination.

► An amendment by Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., that would close the "gun show loophole" by requiring every gun purchaser to undergo a background check, and to expand the background check database.

Feinstein argued Sunday that Cornyn's "probable cause" standard is too high. "So that would cut out a lot of people who are probable threats," she said on CBS's Face the Nation. "And it has to be completed within three days, which Justice and others tell us is impossible to complete the process within three days."

If they are a 'probable threat' then why can't you show 'probable cause'? :idunno: How are these terms being used?

Cornyn's bill only allows 3 days which doesn't sound like much time.
Feinstein's bill might be too loose but I read somewhere else that her bill allows someone to appeal which is important. Although, what are the odds of the gov't changing their mind? :eek:

When it comes to restricting rights maybe the Democrats should be willing to compromise and go with the Republican's version. At least for now. If they inch along maybe they'll get more progress in the end.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/senate-gun-votes-224560

The near-party line votes occurred as Senate moderates made some movement toward a compromise plan to bar people suspected of terrorism from buying weapons — even though some Republican leaders were already skeptical of the effort, led by Collins.

Collins plans to unveil her legislation at a news conference Tuesday, her spokeswoman said. Collins said last week that her plan would merge the no-fly list and Secondary Security Screening Selection list, with people on those lists being barred from purchasing a firearm.

However, they would still be allowed to appeal the blocked purchase. During Monday's long vote series, Collins was seen moving from one senator to another, handing out sheets of paper and talking frequently with colleagues with whom she is drafting the compromise, including Flake and Ayotte.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't think cherrypicking is a good way to support a point or form an opinion.
The fact is that ISIS Exists. So no matter how unpopular it is in some places it is in fact itself actually a place.
On the map dude. you can walk over to your globe with a sharpie and edit with dates and stuff. Syria is having a civil war granted but once they had some Syria and then carved a piece of Iraq out they became a geographical thing.
Unpopular ideas don't become countries gobbling up territory and getting bombed by both the USA and Russia at the same time. No matter what the other countries say there is some spring feeding this river.
Then we are at war against another sovereign state, and terrorism is a red herring. Adam L. was terrorism, and ISIL is war.

gcthomas

{info-graphic}

You forget, perhaps, the Anti Balaka militias terrorising the CAR, the Lord’s Resistance Army slaughtering and raping their way through 28 years of terror in Uganda, the Klu Klux Klan terrorising and executing Americans, the Christian NLTF slaughtering Hindus in India, Manmasi National Christian Army forcing conversions, the Maronite Christian militias massacring Palestinians in the Lebanon.

In the US, Eric Robert Rudolph bombed the Centennial Olympic Park and attacked an abortion clinic and a lesbian nightclub - a Christian-ideology motivated terror attack. You've got the Army of God, Christian Patriot and Christian Identity extremist groups, with thousands of adherents in the US. 2015 brought you the evangelist Christian Robert Lewis Dear's multiple killings at a Planned Parenthood clinic, claiming he was doing "God's work".

Not to mention the historical Christian terror of the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition.

So no, while Muslim on Muslim violence is the current news (and US foreign policy must shoulder some of the blame here, with catastrophic and naïve interventions without a strategy to contain the resulting chaos), Christian ideology is not innocent here — there is blood on your hands if you try to downplay Christian terrorism.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

But we were not speaking of Christians now were we? Your denial of the obvious is noted.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Bomb them?
Somebody has to lead. Might as well be the good ol boys.
They're not smart enough to rule themselves which is why we needed Saddam Huseini to take care of them. Bush should've just killed him and left.

Then watched to see if another dictator could handle the region. Obama took over the error of staying in country and made it worse by being terrified of the Muslims.
Weak

Sent from my iPhone using TOL