Madists

God's Truth

Let us look at this verse again:

"For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God"
(Ro.10:2-3).​

Here Paul talks about the 'righteousness of God":

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith"
(Phil.3:9).​

That is exactly what the following verse is speaking of:

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Cor.5:21).​

You remain ignorant of this righteousness and that is why you continue to try to establish your own righteous, just like these ignorant people did:

"For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God"
(Ro.10:2-3).​

AGAIN, the righteousness the Jews wanted to keep doing are the purification works.

It is NOT wrong in any way to obey Jesus!

It is wrong to keep trying to clean yourself by doing the old ceremonial works!

Jesus cleans us all on his own by our having faith that his blood cleans us.

It does not mean we no longer have to obey anything.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We know that we will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air, and that is exactly what Paul teaches at 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.

You will never convince me that Rome is correct when she teaches that no one can be saved apart from Mary.

I believe crucible is Calvinist, not RCC. correct me if I am wrong, crucible.

God's Truth

What? We receive salvation for work not rest. You know, idle hands, etc.

His work is easy, light, and not burdensome!

1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

You do not have to do these works:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

God's Truth

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

A yoke means works!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You do not have to do these works:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering
; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

What was the purpose of the various offerings? What was the purpose of the dietary restrictions? What is the purpose of the Sabbath?

With regard to the Passover why did Jesus say, "This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me"?

Why did Paul say, "For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes"?

Why?

God's Truth

What was the purpose of the various offerings? What was the purpose of the dietary restrictions? What is the purpose of the Sabbath?

Pay attention! I have already explained that they were shadows.

When you debate another, try to read and understand what the other says.

Those various offerings, circumcision, the dietary law, the special days---were a shadow of what was coming---they were a teaching tool about Jesus.

With regard to the Passover why did Jesus say, "This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me"?

Why did Paul say, "For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes"?

Why?

In remembrance of him. What else? Just as he says.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Pay attention! I have already explained that they were shadows.

They were shadows in the OT, but Christ gave the Twelve the authority to legislate for the NT church.

The sacrifices foreshadowed the sons of God. We are the fulfillment of the sacrifices.

The Twelve were not given authority to do away with any part of God's creation, the Sabbath for example. Your pope did that with no scriptural authority for doing so. You simply acknowledge his authority over your religious life with regard to the sun day.

clefty

They were ARE shadows in the OT, but Christ gave the Twelve the authority to legislate for the NT church.

The sacrifices foreshadowed the sons of God. We are the fulfillment of the sacrifices.

The Twelve were not given authority to do away with any part of God's creation, the Sabbath for example. Your pope did that with no scriptural authority for doing so. You simply acknowledge his authority over your religious life with regard to the sun day.

Fixed it for you...

God's Truth

They were shadows in the OT, but Christ gave the Twelve the authority to legislate for the NT church.

Do away with any of God's creation? What in the world are you talking about?

I don't have a pope, false witness.

We are not the sacrifice. Jesus is the Sacrifice.

Worshiping days is worthless.

I worship Jesus all day every day.

Again, when you debate someone, read what they say, and if you care about truth, any and all truth, then do not make up things about them. That is called slander, false witnessing, and lying.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God. NO MORE are animal sacrifices needed after that.

God said eye for eye, tooth for tooth, and for hand, foot for foot, and life for life.

Jesus says no more of that.

God said you can divorce up to three times.

Jesus said no more of that.

Jesus came to earth and gave the rules for the New Covenant; and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant.

clefty

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he CHOOSES those he saves.

God did not nail obeying Him to the cross.

Jesus is the Way and he tells us how to get in him.

What was nailed?

He is the way and He does tell us how to get in Him...obey HIM JUST AS HE OBEYED HIS FATHER...

Be MORE like Him not less...you wish to be less...with your everyday Sabbath...

clefty

James is NOT speaking of all the old law!

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors; we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? You obeyed all those commands and were doing right by loving your neighbor and not harming him...but then, you missed up on one. You did not kill your neighbor, commit adultery with his wife, you did not bear false witness against him...but you stole something from him...you have now broke one law and stole...but now you are guilty of breaking the whole law of love your neighbor because you hurt him by stealing from him.

We are to love our neighbor AS HE DID...He loved them with a Sabbath rest...no Sunday ham there I keep saying...

What if we hire our neighbor do we work him seven days a week?

THE SABBATH IS THE ONLY COMMANDMENT SPECIFICALLY GIVEN TO THE FOREIGNER THE STRANGER...did you notice that?

God's Truth

What was nailed?

He is the way and He does tell us how to get in Him...obey HIM JUST AS HE OBEYED HIS FATHER...

Be MORE like Him not less...you wish to be less...with your everyday Sabbath...

Observing special days is now worthless.

If you do not understand then it is not for you to understand.

You do not know what was nailed and why.

You have no understanding because you chose to leave some scriptures out.

We are warned about a bitter root that will defile many.

The bitter root are those who try to do what the Jews who reject Christ did.

clefty

AGAIN, the righteousness the Jews wanted to keep doing are the purification works.

It is NOT wrong in any way to obey Jesus!

It is wrong to keep trying to clean yourself by doing the old ceremonial works!

Jesus cleans us all on his own by our having faith that his blood cleans us.

It does not mean we no longer have to obey anything.

NEWSFLASH the SABBATH is 1 of the 10 not a ceremonial law...duh...

Oh my...you are so far from "I DELIGHT IN YOUR LAW"

God's Truth

We are to love our neighbor AS HE DID...He loved them with a Sabbath rest...no Sunday ham there I keep saying...

What if we hire our neighbor do we work him seven days a week?

THE SABBATH IS THE ONLY COMMANDMENT SPECIFICALLY GIVEN TO THE FOREIGNER THE STRANGER...did you notice that?

Don't be so ignorant. You do not obey the Sabbath as required in the old law.

Do you lift ANYTHING on the Sabbath, a chair?

Do you turn on your heater?!

You are preaching falseness and you yourself do not obey.

God's Truth

NEWSFLASH the SABBATH is 1 of the 10 not a ceremonial law...duh...

Oh my...you are so far from "I DELIGHT IN YOUR LAW"

The Sabbath WAS ABOUT JESUS.

Stop putting worthless days UP THERE WITH GOD!

The Sabbath day was a SHADOW.

Shadows are below and disappear in the Light.

Colossians 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

clefty

Why?

They were together at Pentecost...and the Spirit descended...

Paul instructed we celebrate the festival with the new unleavened bread of Spirit and Truth...

Hurried to keep the festivals in Jerusalem...

Peter kept kosher...

They all did...as if PIG not offered to idols or drained of blood or not strangled would make it clean...

clefty

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

A yoke means works!

Duh...six days you still get your seventh day Sabbath rest...it remains for the people of God Heb 4:9

As in work 6 days then rest not rest every day and like a broken clock be right twice a day...

clefty

Do away with any of God's creation? What in the world are you talking about?

I don't have a pope, false witness.

We are not the sacrifice. Jesus is the Sacrifice.

Worshiping days is worthless.

I worship Jesus all day every day.

Again, when you debate someone, read what they say, and if you care about truth, any and all truth, then do not make up things about them. That is called slander, false witnessing, and lying.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God. NO MORE are animal sacrifices needed after that.

God said eye for eye, tooth for tooth, and for hand, foot for foot, and life for life.

Jesus says no more of that.

God said you can divorce up to three times.

Jesus said no more of that.

Jesus came to earth and gave the rules for the New Covenant; and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant.

We don't worship a period of time...we worship the One who created this period of time for us...

And the first full day of the New Covenant Age was a Sabbath and He kept it...resting asleep in the tomb...and He was healed and refreshed...just like the first full day in the Edenic Covenant...and He rose ready for the feast of first fruits...to FINALLY ascend to HEAVEN to be approved by the Father...

Sabbath kept first full day of the New Covenant Age and by his followers...nothing about it being over...replaced

NOTHING...think NOT He came to destroy ok? Just STOP