ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Interplanner

Your theory that Christ returned in the form of the Roman Legions in AD70 is bizarre enough to ignore your loony false doctrine.

God's wrath is not identical with God anymore than the creation is identical with God. Wrath was declared upon Israel, and Mt 24 etc say that the 2nd coming and worldwide judgement was originally planned to happen right after that of Israel. But a delay was allowed. And obviously we are still in that holding pattern.

There are many times or instances when Christ says that a certain limited act is his coming back or a coming to be with you or a coming: Pentecost, the teaching 40 days after the Resurrection, the incoming of the Gentile believers, the 'visitation' of wrath in 66+--all of these are things about which he said I will come back to you.

He had other things to do than just 'come back in worldwide judgement' and they weren't necessarily going to be all at the same time.

Interplanner

Besides picking out a loser acronym because it is about the worst sort of over-thinking theology, MAD overthinks theology and does so with the least of historical meaning and context and issues in mind.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Besides picking out a loser acronym because it is about the worst sort of over-thinking theology, MAD overthinks theology and does so with the least of historical meaning and context and issues in mind.

I suppose next, you'll try and sell us on the idea that you're some kind of genius?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wrath was declared upon Israel, and Mt 24 etc say that the 2nd coming and worldwide judgement was originally planned to happen right after that of Israel. But a delay was allowed. And obviously we are still in that holding pattern.

There was no delay.

As for your claim of a worldwide judgment. If there was to be a literal worldwide judgment, why the following warning:

(Luke 21:21) Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

Does Luke 21:21 sound worldwide, or does it sound like it only pertains to Judea and Jerusalem?

Interplanner

I suppose next, you'll try and sell us on the idea that you're some kind of genius?

No, but looking at MAD statements is like looking at the D'ism I grew up in a 2nd time where people never realized how obtuse they were the first time. They never find the self-organizing passages of the NT and get deeply immersed in them so that they sound like them: Rom 3, 4, 9-11, Gal 3, 4, 2 Cor 3-5, Heb 8-10, Acts 13, 26. These are passages where the widest scope and biggest picture are spelled out consciously, not in bits and pieces.

Both D'ism and MAD have their soundbytes. Very often it just comes down to a Mt 23:30 or a Rom 11:26a with very little care or attention to the force of the whole passage(s) involved.

Both think there is 2P2P and there is not. Or multipleP, multipleP.

andyc

I can see by your extremely low Rep that nobody agrees with your
beliefs. Well, maybe a few of those guys that walk through the
store mumbling to themselves?

This forum is owned by a madist, and the majority of people here are madists. They think like you, which is scary enough.

If I was in a word faith Pentecostal forum, my rep would be off the scale.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This forum is owned by a madist, and the majority of people here are madists. They think like you, which is scary enough.

Why not pack your bags and head on over there? They'll be happy
to welcome you with closed minds and open arms.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, but looking at MAD statements is like looking at the D'ism I grew up in a 2nd time where people never realized how obtuse they were the first time. They never find the self-organizing passages of the NT and get deeply immersed in them so that they sound like them: Rom 3, 4, 9-11, Gal 3, 4, 2 Cor 3-5, Heb 8-10, Acts 13, 26. These are passages where the widest scope and biggest picture are spelled out consciously, not in bits and pieces.

Both D'ism and MAD have their soundbytes. Very often it just comes down to a Mt 23:30 or a Rom 11:26a with very little care or attention to the force of the whole passage(s) involved.

Both think there is 2P2P and there is not. Or multipleP, multipleP.

Nobodies forcing you to stay here and be disruptive, are they?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:chuckle:

If I was in a Preterist forum, my rep would be off the scale.

Instead, we're both in a forum with little psychotic MADists like W and Marowbe.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You nit-wits stay here and belly-ache about the MAD position yet,
you're addicted to the debates you keep losing. Do you really believe
you're gonna convert MAD folks over to your dark side?