ECT MADists don't follow Paul

john w

Hall of Fame
I was given three, and very easily showed none of them even hinted at a rapture.

Prove me wrong Johnny?

Show us some of them.

I'll even help you. Why don't you start off with Pseudo-Ephraem?

Nope-you lied. You were given over 10 references, over 20 times. You did not dispute any of them.

Show us where you did, effeminate Craigie, the wimp.

I will help you. Show us on TOL, liar, where you "showed" this. Prove me wrong, sodomite.

See how that works, you engager in deceit?

And show us where the bible asserts that the Roman army was the second coming, as you been asked for over 2 years, over 10 times, recently, you sissy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because the bottom line is, he's a troll. I think I remember Tet from John Ankerberg's old board from about 12 years ago.

Once again you are wrong.

The first board I ever made a post on was TOL in 2007, and other than AMR's short lived board, I made about 25 posts at Christianforums.com

Same bloviant non-arguments, same hardheadness in the face of plain logic, same ignoring inconvenient facts, same selective "this is literal, this is allegorical" based solely on what he already decided to believe. If it wasn't Tet, it was someone identical to him.

Like most Darby Followers, you have made up your mind to go down with the ship defending Darby's false teachings instead of believing what the Bible says.

Your claim that Luke 19 hasn't been fulfilled but Luke 21 was fulfilled, is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

musterion

Because the bottom line is, he's a troll. I think I remember Tet from John Ankerberg's old board from about 12-14 years ago. Same bloviant non-arguments, same hardheadness in the face of plain logic, same ignoring inconvenient facts, same selective "this is literal, this is allegorical" based solely on what he already decided to believe, and same absolute HATRED of dispensationalism. If it wasn't Tet, it was someone identical to him.

It may also have been Ray Comfort's old board; one or the other but I think it was Ankerberg's. In fact, the guy once posted a photo of himself and a buddy standing behind him. One blonde, one darker haired as I recall. Threatened to crush another member's skull with his bare hands. That's why I remember it. That caused some of the posters to make fun of them because, honestly, they looked homo.

Does anyone have that photo of Tet having dinner with a TOL member a few months back? I know he won't post it now.

john w

Hall of Fame
No pre-trib rapture in the above.

Notice it says "this is the last contest of the righteous"?

If you read all of what Irenaeus wrote instead of the one paragraph you provided, Ireanaeus taught that the Great Tribulation occurs at the end of human history. He taught this was "the last contest of the righteous", and "when in the end" (of the world), the church is taken up to heaven.

It's not even close to Darby's rapture.

Nope-You plagiarized that response.

Nope-"Caught up."

I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

Vs.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Once again you are wrong.

The first board I ever made a post on was TOL in 2007, and other than AMR's short lived board, I made about 25 posts at Christianforums.com

Like most Darby Followers, you have made up your mind to go down with the ship defending Darby's false teachings instead of believing what the Bible says.

Your claim that Luke 19 hasn't been fulfilled but Luke 21 was fulfilled, is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

It has become clear that you read the Bible with one eye. A blind eye.

musterion

You said you were a preterist long before then. And you're a verified liar.

Yet it's true. Your lord and savior Joe said so.

john w

Hall of Fame
What part do you not understand Little Johnny?

Dispensationalism is wrong because it is contradictory to what is written in the Bible.

The fact that Dispensationalism is only around 160 years old, doesn't prove it wrong, but should throw up a really big red flag.

Not to mention that it was invented during "the age of the cults". Darby was a contemporary of Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, and other cultists from the mid 1800's

Notice, again, the deception. The punk lies so much, he cannot even see the lies....

He says, above:

"The fact that Dispensationalism is only around 160 years old, doesn't prove it wrong"

And, in deception, lying, on every thread, says it is wrong, citing its age, how long it has been around("invented" in the 1800's), as to why it is false/wrong.

You wicked,. sleezy, little lying, wimpy punk. weasel. Have you no shame, finally, you piece of dung?

"The fact that Dispensationalism is only around 160 years old, doesn't prove it wrong"

Vs.

"...Your false teachings of men is a false teaching since there is not one trace of it in the first three centuries. None of the early church fathers taught your theory, its only about 50 years old."-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

"No matter how hard you try, you can't take away the fact that dispensationalism was invented by John Nelson Darby in the mid 1800''s"-serpent Craigie

"MAD didn't exist until the mid 1800's"-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

For all of TOL to view, again-Craigie Tet., the habitual liar, and weasel, of TOL.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet it's true. Your lord and savior Joe said so.

You've turned into a joke.

You are claiming that Christ Jesus made a prophecy in Luke 19 about not one stone being not left upon another that is for the yet future, and that Christ Jesus made a different prophecy in Luke 21 about not one stone being left upon another for 70AD.

(Luke 19:41-44) As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

You're nuts.

You are claiming that every time Jesus said "you" and "your" He was referring to Jews 2,000 years (and still counting) into the future.

I can't believe you would embarrass yourself this bad trying to defend Darby.

musterion

I was a Dispensationalist for about the first 3 or 4 years on TOL.

You said that before and I don't believe it. You may have called yourself a disp, but you've proved again and again that you are illiterate in what even basic [nominal, inconsistent Acts 2] dispensationalism actually teaches. Instead, you favor straw men and false caricatures because you can't refute the true position. I do not and never will believe you were anything approaching an informed, knowledgeable, convinced dispensationalist. At best, it was just a label that someone else stuck on you in a church somewhere.

musterion

You've turned into a joke.

You are claiming that Christ Jesus made a prophecy in Luke 19 about not one stone being not left upon another that is for the yet future, and that Christ Jesus made a different prophecy in Luke 21 about not one stone being left upon another for 70AD.

(Luke 19:41-44) As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

You're nuts.

You are claiming that every time Jesus said "you" and "your" He was referring to Jews 2,000 years (and still counting) into the future.

I can't believe you would embarrass yourself this bad trying to defend Darby.

I don't care what you think. Stones were left standing one upon another. Some Jews continued to live in the remains of Jerusalem. That means Luke 19 did not happen as predicted. That means it's yet future, as many such prophecies are. That means preterism is false and you are wrong.

john w

Hall of Fame
What part do you not understand Little Johnny?

Little, you quip, effeminate sodomite?

We understand that you are a habitual lying weasel, per....

Dispensationalism is wrong because it is contradictory to what is written in the Bible.The fact that Dispensationalism is only around 160 years old, doesn't prove it wrong.

No, you said it was wrong, "false," because of how old it is, lying, fat punk:

"...Your false teachings of men is a false teaching since there is not one trace of it in the first three centuries. None of the early church fathers taught your theory, its only about 50 years old."-con artist Partial Preterist Soddy Tet.

You lying punk.

And why do you add "of men" on your posts, as I've been asking you, for years? Are you a man? Are you teaching(rhetorical q's)? Should we follow the teachings of women? Aliens? You? And why do you add "invented," you deceiving punk? Are not all false teachings, "invented?" That does NADA for your argument, or anyone else's You do it, because you engage in sophistry, and deceitful debating tactics.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You said that before and I don't believe it. You may have called yourself a disp, but you've proved again and again that you are illiterate in what even basic [nominal, inconsistent Acts 2] dispensationalism actually teaches. Instead, you favor straw men and false caricatures because you can't refute the true position. I do not and never will believe you were anything approaching an informed, knowledgeable, convinced dispensationalist. At best, it was just a label that someone else stuck on you in a church somewhere.

You should go ask STP and chickenman about all the positive reps they used to give me back when I was a Dispy.

chickenman loved my posts about Dispensationalism so much, he mailed me a signed copy of his book for free.

musterion

You should go ask STP and chickenman about all the positive reps they used to give me back when I was a Dispy.

chickenman loved my posts about Dispensationalism so much, he mailed me a signed copy of his book for free.

So? You were just parroting what you did not fully understand and process for yourself. It happens. Else you'd never have been taken captive by the vain philosophy that now hold you and leads you to twist and deny both Scripture and simple logic.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So? You were just parroting what you did not fully understand and process for yourself. It happens. Else you'd never have been taken captive by the vain philosophy that now hold you and leads you to twist and deny both Scripture and simple logic.

This is why you guys hate me so much.

You guys can't handle that someone who was a Dispensationalist for 25 years came to realize that Dispensationalism is contrary to the Bible, and is no longer a Dispensationalist.

The other thing you can't stand is that I know Dispensationalism better than the majority of Dispensationalists on this site.

It's drives you crazy, so you are hellbent on attacking my character instead of actually discussing the issues because you know you can't, and in the process are made to look like a fool, like you are doing to yourself with Luke 19

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope.

Not one person has ever showed anyone teaching a rapture before Darby invented it.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4566447&postcount=244

I've showed you in the Scriptures several times before and most recently in this thread that the English word 'rapture' comes from the Latin Vulgate 400 AD and is used to translate the Greek word 'harpazo', which English versions translate as 'caught up/away', which demostrated clearly that Paul, Luke and John wrote about three different categories of rapture.

Are you just one of those people who use the strategy that if you repeat a lie often enough then people will believe it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The prophecy was fulfilled.

The Western Wall the stands today was either part of the Roman Garrison called Fort Antonia, or was built after 70AD when some Jews tried to rebuild the temple.

If it wasn't part of Fort Antonia, it wasn't standing in 70AD.

Doesn't matter. There is being built a third temple my son.

musterion

An ex-pastor of mine in college (the usual doctrinal mixed bag evanjellyfish) went from being staunchly pretrib to pre-wrath almost overnight; it was a shock to many of us how quickly it seemed to happen. Prewrath is not entirely dissimilar to preterism insofar as both deny what Paul said. Anyway, he was taken in by Van Kampen's book but he never did say what the actual, personal reason for his shift was -- because there usually is one. Something suddenly offends. But I don't know and never will. My best guess...he was part of a nationwide campus ministry system and I DO know that someone up the food chain got snared by prewrath. He told us that much. So it kinda flowed downhill from there as local pastors were "encouraged" to study it out.

I'd hate to think that that's all it took with him but I know of no other reason...when the guys who decide if you keep your job tell you to study out a completely new and different doctrine than what all of you had been preaching, if you have any sense you realize your options are limited. Whatever the real reasons, part of me is still amazed he was taken in by it but there it is.

Anyway, I'm going to hazard a guess that it was something involving the idea of the rapture that made you finally go preterist. That's what capped it for you. Is that close?