ECT MADists don't follow Paul

whitestone

ok I share the service with a lot of youths in the youth group and their turn starts at 5:00pm and so at 5.000001 pm well the page will just load and load till they get their turn, lol so "I'LL BE bAck",,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since Irenaeus is getting so much attention, let's look at another excerpt from his book "Against Heresies":

"the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops."

As we see, yet another Death Knell to MAD.

MAD has Peter and Paul preaching different gospels, in different programs, and in different churches.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know, but if I had to guess, I would guess common sense after reading the Revelation.

I have no idea, the guys who wrote it are long gone.

However, without that ambiguous statement from Irenaeus, there would be no "late date" theory.

Because you guys are all Darby followers, and I'm a Preterist, you want it so bad for Revelation to be written after 70AD because you know that would be the end of Preterism if it was.
I don't follow Darby, so that tired old lie of yours gets really old really fast.

So let's look at scripture and see if it lines up with your "Nero is antichrist and Vespasian was the false prophet, and that Christ's second advent was in 70AD.

Revelation 13 KJV​
(11) And I beheld another beast (Vespasian) coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.​
(12) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast (Nero), whose deadly wound was healed.​

When did Vespasian erect the image of Nero and causes all to worship Nero?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So let's look at scripture and see if it lines up with your "Nero is antichrist and Vespasian was the false prophet, and that Christ's second advent was in 70AD.

I never said Vespasian was the false prophet. I said Vespasian was the second beast.

However, Vespasian may have been the seventh king of the first beast, and/or the second beast also.

Vespasian was the 10th king, but the seventh head of the beast.

(Rev 13:1) The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

When did Vespasian erect the image of Nero and causes all to worship Nero?

Titus erected an ensign of Vespasian at the temple.

So, if Vespasian was the seventh king of the beast, it was Titus who set up the ensign of Vespasian and made the Jews worship the first beast, which would have been the seven headed beast, or seven kings.

Like I said earlier, it's a little tricky because the beast is referred to as a kingdom, seven kings, and an individual. Plus there's a second beast. Plus there's three kings in between Nero and Vespasian.

However, there's no doubt all these prophecies were fulfilled by 70AD.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I never said Vespasian was the false prophet. I said Vespasian was the second beast.

However, Vespasian may have been the seventh king of the first beast, and/or the second beast also.

Vespasian was the 10th king, but the seventh head of the beast.

(Rev 13:1) The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

So, if Vespasian was the seventh king of the beast, it was Titus who set up the ensign of Vespasian and made the Jews worship the first beast, which would have been the seven headed beast, or seven kings.

Like I said earlier, it's a little tricky because the beast is referred to as a kingdom, seven kings, and an individual. Plus there's a second beast. Plus there's three kings in between Nero and Vespasian.

Revelation 16:13 KJV​
(13) And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.​

Revelation 19:20 KJV​
(20) And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.​
Revelation 20:10 KJV​
(10) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.​

So you don't consider false prophet to be the same as the other beast rising from the earth in chapter 13?
Then who is the false prophet in the verses above?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But the image is of the first beast, not the second.
You say the first beast (the 666 beast) is Nero.

There were 12 emperors from Julius Caesar to Titus.

So how are you choosing which of these 12 make up the 7 kings?

Danoh

Paul did die before 70AD. Paul was killed by Nero during the 42 months given to Nero from 64AD to 68AD

I don't disagree.

MAD claims John and Paul were in different programs, and went to different churches.

MAD doesn't have John in the Body of Christ. MAD has John in the "kingdom" program.

If what Ireneaus says about John remaining permanently at a church Paul started, then MAD is wrong. (MAD is wrong)

You and your every rant was shot full of holes five years ago.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tai-Questions-the-Mid-Acts-View-Cannot-Answer

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, Craigie. Why can't you answer our questions? Why do you follow "the teachings of men" and "man made inventions?" Don't you believe the bible/"Jesus"/Paul/Peter? Your man made invention did not exist before the 1800's, and you cannot defend your AD 70-ism/Preterism from the scripure. You're in denial, Russell-ite, Gentry-ite, Hanegraaf-ite. AD 70-ism suffers another "death knell!!!!"

You taught us that-we learned that from you.

Get a job yet, infidel Craigie?

Danoh

Since Irenaeus is getting so much attention, let's look at another excerpt from his book "Against Heresies":

"the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops."

As we see, yet another Death Knell to MAD.

MAD has Peter and Paul preaching different gospels, in different programs, and in different churches.

You every assertion was proven a farce five years ago.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tai-Questions-the-Mid-Acts-View-Cannot-Answer

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But the image is of the first beast, not the second.
You say the first beast (the 666 beast) is Nero.

Rev 17:9-11) “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

As I said, Vespasian could be the seventh king of the first beast.

Therefore, if an ensign of Vespasian was erected in the temple in 70AD, and all were forced to worship Vespasian, then all were worshiping the first beast.

So how are you choosing which of these 12 make up the 7 kings?

12?

I said 10 (ten horns, seven heads)

Nero was the last of the Julio-Claudian dynasty. Nero died 42 months after he began persecuting Christians (including Paul & Peter) there were all kinds of civil wars, and 69AD was "the year of the four emperors".

Most had thought the beast (the first 6 kings) was wounded, done for, but then when Vespasian came into power, the beast (7 kings) was back in power again.

Like I said, the beast is a kingdom, a man, and seven kings. However, the 42 months given to the beast was only for Nero.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Hilston didn't claim Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts.

You did, and you can't defend your claim.

Once again, you are acting like a little child because you can't back your false claim, and you don't like your only option.

you know my answer - Israel's Prophetic clock was temporarily stopped by God

john w

Hall of Fame
See how weasel, greasy Craigie Tellaalie was methodically picked apart here, dismantled, bloodied, suffering another "death knell," as his "man made invention" was proven false here, and he "scurried away as a cockroach, when the light was shown on him."

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...-Cannot-Answer

Right, Craigie???

Give us a "Darby," sweetie, as that is all the "ammo" you have left, spineless one.

john w

Hall of Fame
Hilston didn't claim Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts.

You did, and you can't defend your claim.

Once again, you are acting like a little child because you can't back your false claim, and you don't like your only option.

Hilston picked you apart, and you bailed, you wimp. Even you admitted it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is an abundance of doubt.
And we are seeing several doubts within your posts.

Tam, there are thousands of books on Revelation, each one contradicts the other to some degree.

I in no way am claiming I can explain every detail, and every symbolism found in the book. It's a very hard book to grasp.

However, I do know what words mean.

Revelation tells it's readers (the 7 churches) that the time is near, that Christ Jesus is coming soon, that things are going to happen shortly, that Jesus is coming quickly, the end is near, etc.

Unless you want to agree with Danoh, and claim the reason all those verses with those words in them didn't happen was because Israel's prophetic clock was stopped, I don't know how else you can explain the words in those verses.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John, again, in Asia, was banished by Domitian the king to the isle of Patmos, in which also he wrote his Gospel and saw the apocalyptic vision; and in Trajan's time he fell asleep at Ephesus, where his remains were sought for, but could not be found.

- Hippolytis, On the Twelve Apostles, chapter 1, verse 3