Living by God's Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't get it.

To be under the law means that you will be judged by the law. Are you ready to be judged according to God's Holy Law?

The law will damn you to hell.

I am not under God's law, Moses law, Christ law, or any other law that you can come up with.

I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. No law needed.

Are you without God's law then? Paul was not without God's law among those who are without law.

1 Corinthians 9:21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

turbosixx

Here are some passages that have not come true yet.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

Isaiah 66:16 For by fire and by His sword the LORD will judge all flesh; and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Isaiah 66:17 "Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, to go to the gardens after an idol in the midst, eating swine's flesh and the abomination and the mouse, shall be consumed together," says the LORD.

Isaiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before Me," says the LORD, "So shall your descendants and your name remain.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me," says the LORD.

I can't comment on these because I'm not that familiar with them. The way I understand it, everything is about Christ and looks to Christ. When I look at OT prophecies I try to see how Christ fulfilled them.

Acts 28:23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes it is.
1 Cor. 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

The temple has been rebuilt. I would suggest looking at it spiritually instead of physically.
Eph. 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

2 Cor. 6:16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,
"I will dwell in them and walk among them;
And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

What do you think is better? Spiritual or physical?

I don't know that one is better I just want to know which one Ezekiel's temple is.

achduke

I can't comment on these because I'm not that familiar with them. The way I understand it, everything is about Christ and looks to Christ. When I look at OT prophecies I try to see how Christ fulfilled them.

Acts 28:23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.
These are OT verses talking about the end times. The same things that happen in Revelation which also has not been fully completed.

achduke

If we do not have the HS, then we are lost. The law cannot save.
True, the law show us by ourself we can not follow the law. We are unrighteous. Once we believe and have the Holy Spirit He leads us through the law. We are not under the law because the Holy Spirit instructs us on how to obey.

Jeremiah 31:33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Ezekiel 36:27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The spiritual one, which is far better. The one that is growing with each believer being added.

I was thinking Ezekiel's temple is physical. There is nothing saying it cannot also be spiritual, but maybe not as you are saying. I actually do not follow how you believe it is spiritual.

turbosixx

True, the law show us by ourself we can not follow the law. We are unrighteous. Once we believe and have the Holy Spirit He leads us through the law. We are not under the law because the Holy Spirit instructs us on how to obey.

Jeremiah 31:33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Ezekiel 36:27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Yep. Paul sums it up nicely.

1 Cor. 9:20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So you don’t believe the kingdom has been established?

I believe Jesus is and was King, being that after His ascension He is at the right hand of God. He is King at the right hand of God. He was King upon the earth. I am including His earthly ministry.

turbosixx

I believe Jesus is and was King, being that after His ascension He is at the right hand of God. He is King at the right hand of God. He was King upon the earth. I am including His earthly ministry.

I'm still not sure if you believed he established his kingdom. Do you believe the Jews are still God's people?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm still not sure if you believed he established his kingdom. Do you believe the Jews are still God's people?

The Jews are God's people. But God is the God of the Gentiles as well.

When did Christ's kingdom come to be? He was born to be King.

John 18:37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

turbosixx

The Jews are God's people. But God is the God of the Gentiles as well.
So which is it in your understanding. You didn't say Gentiles are God's people. Are the Jews God's people and Gentiles not? Are they both God's people but separate? Are they one in Christ and neither Jew nor Gentile?

When did Christ's kingdom come to be? He was born to be King.

John 18:37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Yes, he was born to be king. While on the earth, he said his kingdom was at hand. Did he establish it or is it still in the future?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does this temple has to do with your OP?

It is obviously physical temple.

If this temple was promised by God being more than a condition promise then there is a hope of a future temple and God's Law has not been done away with.

If the temple has not been built and will not be built then the promise was conditional for a certain past day and age.

Whatever the case regarding the temple Christians are not to live lawless, are to live by God's law, are to live by the law of Christ and bear one another's burdens, and can either learn from God's Law for themselves or that others might be saved.