Living by God's Law

achduke

Excellent question.

Jn. 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.

1 Jn. 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:

So now we know to Love God Is to follow his commandments but how do we differ innate the laws Moses presented to Israel and God's commandments especially when God dictated the law in his own voice directly to Israel?

Exodus 20:1 And God spoke all these words, saying:

Exodus 20:19 Then they said to Moses, "You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die."

After this God told Moses what to say to Israel because they no longer wanted to hear God directly. Is the Law of Moses Not the law of God?

We know Paul followed the commandments as he went to Jerusalem several times for the feasts and also commanded not to do many things.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Also we know in the end times we still follow Sukkot, sabbath and eating swine is still vile so how do we know which laws to follow. Let the Holy Spirit lead us! See Romans.

turbosixx

Do you believe God's word (Law) is eternal? Some say it is no longer to be obeyed.
I’m going to assume you mean the Mosaical law. If that’s the case then no but the essence of that law is eternal, love God and love your neighbor.
Matt. 22:40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
For example, in the garden as long as Adam didn’t eat the forbidden fruit, he was showing his love for God over self.

You mention the DBR of Jesus the Christ. This may speak of the new covenant (I can say we should think of the new covenant in that Christ died for us, and DBR (death, burial, and resurrection) is okay) but I don't know what it says of the ascension of Christ, the destruction of the temple, or if Ezekiel's temple both was to be built and has yet to be built.

There’s a lot here and I don’t know where to begin so I’m going to tell you how I see it and we can dig down where and if you want.

I would suggest that all things are new and better; new temple, new people and new law ect… That is what the book of Hebrews is about, it goes into detail explaining how superior everything is in Christ compared to what came before. Everything from Gen. to Rev. is about Christ. Look at Hebrew 11 and all those of great faith, some who lived under the old law. It says they didn’t receive what was promised and God had something better for us.
Heb. 11:39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

Is it better to have a physical temple in one location or for our body to be the temple of God? Is it better to have a sinful man as High Priest or Christ? The list goes on.

turbosixx

So now we know to Love God Is to follow his commandments but how do we differ innate the laws Moses presented to Israel and God's commandments especially when God dictated the law in his own voice directly to Israel?

Exodus 20:1 And God spoke all these words, saying:

Exodus 20:19 Then they said to Moses, "You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die."

After this God told Moses what to say to Israel because they no longer wanted to hear God directly. Is the Law of Moses Not the law of God?

We know Paul followed the commandments as he went to Jerusalem several times for the feasts and also commanded not to do many things.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

I believe there are many passages that state we are not under the law of Moses. Paul even says if you want to be justified by Law of Moses you have fallen from grace and severed from Christ. The two are incompatible. Under one a sinful man is High Priest and the other Jesus. We can't follow both and one leads to life the other death.

Also we know in the end times we still follow Sukkot, sabbath and eating swine is still vile so how do we know which laws to follow. Let the Holy Spirit lead us! See Romans.

I believe we are in the end times.
Acts 2:16 but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel:
17 'And it shall be in the last days,' God says,
'That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind;

Heb. 11:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

There's nothing left to be defeated but death.

achduke

I believe there are many passages that state we are not under the law of Moses. Paul even says if you want to be justified by Law of Moses you have fallen from grace and severed from Christ. The two are incompatible. Under one a sinful man is High Priest and the other Jesus. We can't follow both and one leads to life the other death.

Heb. 11:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

There is a difference from saved or justified from the law and following the law after we are saved and have the Holy Spirit. We are not saved by the law. We are saved by faith. In Galatians the Galatians were listening to those that said you need to be circumcised to be saved. This is not true. After you are saved if the Holy Spirit leads you to be circumcised then that is different.

Romans 2:25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I’m going to assume you mean the Mosaical law. If that’s the case then no but the essence of that law is eternal, love God and love your neighbor.
Matt. 22:40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
For example, in the garden as long as Adam didn’t eat the forbidden fruit, he was showing his love for God over self.

There’s a lot here and I don’t know where to begin so I’m going to tell you how I see it and we can dig down where and if you want.

I would suggest that all things are new and better; new temple, new people and new law ect… That is what the book of Hebrews is about, it goes into detail explaining how superior everything is in Christ compared to what came before. Everything from Gen. to Rev. is about Christ. Look at Hebrew 11 and all those of great faith, some who lived under the old law. It says they didn’t receive what was promised and God had something better for us.
Heb. 11:39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

Is it better to have a physical temple in one location or for our body to be the temple of God? Is it better to have a sinful man as High Priest or Christ? The list goes on.
My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Would you say the Law is done away with and with it the hope of a future temple?

Has the Ezekiel temple already been?

Some say it was conditional upon obedience and therefore never built.

I have been asked about the last nine chapters of Ezekiel and whether it speaks of a spiritual or physical temple.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
reference?
It is for believers... people who have the Holy Spirit in them.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

achduke

Here are some passages that have not come true yet.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

Isaiah 66:16 For by fire and by His sword the LORD will judge all flesh; and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Isaiah 66:17 "Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, to go to the gardens after an idol in the midst, eating swine's flesh and the abomination and the mouse, shall be consumed together," says the LORD.

Isaiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before Me," says the LORD, "So shall your descendants and your name remain.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me," says the LORD.

turbosixx

There is a difference from saved or justified from the law and following the law after we are saved and have the Holy Spirit. We are not saved by the law. We are saved by faith. In Galatians the Galatians were listening to those that said you need to be circumcised to be saved. This is not true.

I agree 100%.

After you are saved if the Holy Spirit leads you to be circumcised then that is different.

Romans 2:25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.

I would suggest Paul is making a different point with that verse. The verse that comes to my mind form Galatians is:
Gal. 5:5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Robert Pate

Banned
Is it okay to obey God? Would you tell anyone they are not to obey God?

I would tell them that they are not under the law, nor are they required to live according to laws and rules.

Christians are to led by the Spirit and not by the letter of the law, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would tell them that they are not under the law, nor are they required to live according to laws and rules.

Christians are to led by the Spirit and not by the letter of the law, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Do you live in obedience to God by the Spirit of God?

Do you obey any commands of God?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is for believers... people who have the Holy Spirit in them.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

Sorry, I thought it said "God" instead of "the Holy Spirit".

my bad.

thanks.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

If you led by the Spirit, you will obey God's law.

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you live in obedience to God by the Spirit of God?

Do you obey any commands of God?

You don't get it.

To be under the law means that you will be judged by the law. Are you ready to be judged according to God's Holy Law?

The law will damn you to hell.

I am not under God's law, Moses law, Christ law, or any other law that you can come up with.

I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. No law needed.

achduke

I agree 100%.

I would suggest Paul is making a different point with that verse. The verse that comes to my mind form Galatians is:
Gal. 5:5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

I think romans 2:25 is more this verse.

Ezekiel 18:24 "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.

turbosixx

My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.
Yes it is.
1 Cor. 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Would you say the Law is done away with and with it the hope of a future temple?

Has the Ezekiel temple already been?
The temple has been rebuilt. I would suggest looking at it spiritually instead of physically.
Eph. 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

2 Cor. 6:16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,
"I will dwell in them and walk among them;
And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Some say it was conditional upon obedience and therefore never built.

I have been asked about the last nine chapters of Ezekiel and whether it speaks of a spiritual or physical temple.

What do you think is better? Spiritual or physical?

turbosixx

I think it is more this verse.

Ezekiel 18:24 "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.

I believe that still applies under the law of Christ.