Learning More About God by reading the Torah

Status
Not open for further replies.

TweetyBird

The Christian faith is built on Judaic principles.

In Judaism we have God's commands and Yeshua the Messiah. Christians have the same.

The Christian faith is built upon the Gospel of Christ, which is the complete antithesis of Judaic Principles.

Christians do not have Judaism's faith or commandments. That system denies and rejects Jesus Christ. But you stubbornly refuse to see it.

TweetyBird

I am not talking about the Talmud. I own a TaNaKh. You can learn about Jesus from the TaNaKh.

The TaNaKh is NOT from the Bible. It comes from the Talmud.

Which came first? The TaNaKh or the Old Testament?

The OT came first and still remains first. It is not a "TaNaKh", which does not accurately describe the OT.

You can study both the TaNaKh and the New Testament. There is the Jewish Bible, the Hebrew Bible, the Christian Bible, the Bible. Do you study the Jewish New Testament? The terms Old Testament and New Testament refer to scripture. The old covenant is spoken of in the Torah. It is the covenant God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai.

There is no such thing as a Jewish NT, other than what man has written and dumped on the table as legit. The NT is non ethnic. It was written in Greek.

The OT is NOT the covenant that God gave to Israel. It contains much more than that. Stop reading the Talmud. It is confusing you.

TweetyBird

The Judaic principles were based on the Law of Moses which came from the Father through Christ.

The law was for the Father's firstborn until Christ came as the Son of Man.

Judaic principles come from the Talmud. The Law of Moses was not Jewish.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are the one who is making stuff up.

The Nevi'im does not include Moses. So why are you calling him a prophet?

The commandments of Christ are brand new. The commandments of Moses have passed away.

You seem confused.

Those laws are not the only laws/commandments given by God to Moses that are part of the covenant to Israel. There are 613 commandments by Rabbinical Count. The 10, plus the Book of the Law/The Book of the Covenant all mean that same covenant - it covers all the commandments, all the curses, judgments, and blessings.

It also included what Jesus said in the Gospels which are also Scripture, and also what Paul wrote is called Scripture.
Deuteronomy 34:10 NASB - 10 Since that time no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Christian faith is built upon the Gospel of Christ, which is the complete antithesis of Judaic Principles.

Christians do not have Judaism's faith or commandments. That system denies and rejects Jesus Christ. But you stubbornly refuse to see it.
Believing Jews and Christians (both Jews and those from among the Gentiles) have both Yeshua the Messiah and God's commands or commandments.

If you are a believer from among the Gentiles you should pay attention to the essentials you must observe according to the letter from the apostles as recorded written in Acts 15.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The TaNaKh is NOT from the Bible. It comes from the Talmud.

The OT came first and still remains first. It is not a "TaNaKh", which does not accurately describe the OT.

There is no such thing as a Jewish NT, other than what man has written and dumped on the table as legit. The NT is non ethnic. It was written in Greek.

The OT is NOT the covenant that God gave to Israel. It contains much more than that. Stop reading the Talmud. It is confusing you.
You need to read the scriptures. If you want to read the TaNaKh, there is no problem with that. It is not the Talmud. I don't know where you are getting your ideas from. Read the Christian Old Testament or read the Jewish TaNaKh. The content of these scriptures is the same, while the book order or arrangement, or arrangement and book order, is different.

Torah
The Five Books of Moses

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy​

Nevi'im
The Prophets

Joshua
Judges
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel​

The Twelve Minor Prophets

Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi​

Kethuvim
The Writings

Psalms
Proverbs
Job
The Song of Songs
Ruth
Lamentations
Ecclesiastes
Esther
Daniel
Ezra
Nehemiah
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exodus 34:28 NASB - 28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 4:13 NASB - 13 "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 10:4 NASB - 4 "He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.

Old covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:14 NASB - 14 But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.

Hebrews 8:13 NASB - 13 When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Jdorman

*[[Tit 3:5]] Complete Jewish Bible*
"he delivered us. It was not on the ground of any righteous deeds we had done, but on the ground of his own mercy. He did it by means of the mikveh of rebirth and the renewal brought about by the Ruach HaKodesh,"

Lilstu

Moses was a Prophet
Deuteronomy 34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

Lilstu

Which means the Law of Moses can no longer teach us.

Jesus believed in the Torah.
Matthew 23:2-3 King James Version (KJV)
2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;

False Prophet

Torah was the books of Moses. Why reject Torah when it is part of the KJV? The dietary commands and sabbaths have been done away with, but the commandments have not been done away with. Righteousness is keeping the commandments of God. He who says, "I know him," but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jdorman

God's instruction to us is found in the Torah. Many have neglected Torah study. But we should study the Torah more. By it we learn to live the way God wants us to live.

1 John 3:4

"Sin is defined as violation of Torah; conversely, "where there is no law, there is also no violation" (Romans 4:15)." (David H. Stern, Jewish New Testament Commentary)

RBBI

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Notice that it says with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Ephraim (now gentiles) MUST return to Judah for fulfilment of the covenant. Which is why He said He didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfill it, by bringing the gentiles into covenant, the same covenant of the Jews, now spiritually fulfilled but walked out in shoe leather, none the less, making of the TWO, ONE new man. Gentiles refusing to come in and stay in Ephraim are to whom He is going to say, "Get away from me, I never knew you." They are in for a shock. Those that keep the law and teach other men to keep it are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Note it said, kingdom of heaven, the new SPIRITUAL covenant that requires the keeping of the law. So simple a child could understand it, if only a child would read. Peace

clefty

That's correct, the Father's firstborn son was Christian not Jewish.

Ummm...ethnically He was of that tribe...by His mother...had to be...

But yes His Father was not, nor was anything He instituted at creation, such as His Laws...the very same ones revealed again for that church in the wilderness...nor can their method of administration be considered of that tribe...as even Moses wasn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.