BANNED
Banned
dodomomomvbomvorujnmf.JPG

Ps. 24:4 :granite:

john w

Hall of Fame
The regenerated are pure (Tit 1:15). You don't pass the stink test. :granite:

6390.gif

The Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins, every last one of them, forgiving me of all(memorize) tresspasses-good news. You reject the good news, as all Catholics like yourself do, and "preach" bad news.

Tell all of TOL for which sins the Lord Jesus Christ died, and those for which He did not, as these "worse-er" sins overpowered Him. Let's go, Brucie boy-eternal destinies are at stake.

You won't touch that

As I predicted-not a peep. And sell all you have, as you assert that all of the scripture is about you, and all commands are directed specifically to you, for your obedience.

Sielencio, as silent/dead as a gathering of him, and his fellow Catholics, at "church."

john w

Hall of Fame
Sniff sniff--somethin' not right (Heb 10:22).
Sick.gif

The Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins, every last one of them, forgiving me of all(memorize) tresspasses-good news. You reject the good news, as all Catholics like yourself do, and "preach" bad news.

Tell all of TOL for which sins the Lord Jesus Christ died, and those for which He did not, as these "worse-er" sins overpowered Him. Let's go, Brucie boy-eternal destinies are at stake.

You won't touch that

As I predicted-not a peep. And sell all you have, as you assert that all of the scripture is about you, and all commands are directed specifically to you, for your obedience.

Sielencio, as silent/dead as a gathering of him, and his fellow Catholics, at "church."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[No, he perverts the gospel of Christ like you do, and talks like you-a Roman Catholic shill.

:yawn: Eph 4:14

Have you ever been angry with another?

Ever looked too long at a woman that doesn't belong to you?

Ever taken a pencil, pen or paperclip that wasn't yours?

Way of the Master
36_7_6.gif
~ Ray Comfort

Last edited:

nikolai_42

They must get the horizontal relationship right to get the vertical relationship right. :straight: Oneness is important to the Lord (Jn 17:22-23).

Shouldn't that be the other way around? To get the horizontal relationship right, one must (first) get the vertical relationship right.

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:26-27

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 10:37-38

And lest it be thought that the marriage relationship is elevated above these other natural relationships...

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Matthew 19:29

We don't practice on the natural relationship to get the vertical one correct - we get the vertical one correct first so we know how to walk in the horizontal one.

EDIT : And remember Paul says this :

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

I Corinthians 7:12-13

Why would the unbelieving husband or wife want to leave if they are simply (and first) trying to get the horizontal relationship right? If it hinges upon the vertical, then it is the vertical that determines the success of the horizontal. So the vertical must be present (in at least one spouse) for the horizontal to succeed.

That some unbelievers follow the God-ordained pattern for marriage is only because of some God-honoring influence in their lives. But even then, some men take the command "Wives, submit to your own husbands" (Eph 5:22) and to be subject to them as the church is to Christ (Eph 5:24) - as license to do whatever they want - missing the fact that they are to love their wives as Christ loved the church and that their entire lives are to be laid down for their wives (Eph 5:25).

They haven't gotten the vertical right, so they can't get the horizontal right.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Shouldn't that be the other way around? To get the horizontal relationship right, one must (first) get the vertical relationship right.

God gave marriage even for the pagan heathen. Walk out on your marriage and you might find that that crossroad is the beginning of the end for you (Mal 2:14). God is a consuming fire (Deut 4:24).

nikolai_42

God gave marriage even for the pagan heathen. Walk out on your marriage and you might find that that crossroad is the beginning of the end for you (Mal 2:14). God is a consuming fire (Deut 4:24).

I just don't see how someone can model the relationship between Christ and the church unless they are already walking in that relationship.

john w

Hall of Fame
Have you ever been angry with another?

Ever looked too long at a woman that doesn't belong to you?

Ever taken a pencil, pen or paperclip that wasn't yours?

Way of the Master
36_7_6.gif
~ Ray Comfort

The Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins, every last one of them, forgiving me of all(memorize) tresspasses-good news.

Tell all of TOL for which sins the Lord Jesus Christ died, and those for which He did not, as these "worse-er" sins overpowered Him.

Footballpunter.gif

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Ray Comfort a fine servant of the Lord, Have you ever been angry with another? :chz4brnz: Ever looked too long at a woman that doesn't belong to you? :chz4brnz: Ever taken a pencil, pen or paperclip that wasn't yours? :chz4brnz:Way of the Master
36_7_6.gif
~ Ray Comfort] The Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins, every last one of them, forgiving me of all(memorize) tresspasses-good news...
:chz4brnz:

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

Related:

[At] patrick jane [At] john w [At] Nick [At] SaultoPaul [At] Musterion [At] heir [At] GloryDaz [At] exminister
Lordship
Must We Confess Every Sin?
Give Your Life to Jesus
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers?
Where is Prince Now?
Kirk Cameron: Wives Should 'Honor and Respect and Follow Their Husband's Lead'

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There shall be stink

Isaiah 3:24 KJV -

"God’s judgment on the women (3:16–4:1)
Their perversions (3:16, 18–23)
They are haughty and self-centered (3:16) : They walk around with their noses in the air, flirting with the men.
They attire themselves in an extravagant way (3:18–23): They wear ornaments, headbands, and gaudy clothes and accessories.
Their punishment (3:17–18, 24–26; 4:1)
God will make their scalps bald from sores and scabs (3:17) .
He will strip them of their finery and their beauty (3:18, 24–26).
Seven women will be forced to fight over one man (4:1) ." Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Is 3:13–4:1). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

john w

Hall of Fame

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16)............

It is the Lord Jesus Christ," not "Jesus," as all you Catholics, in disrespect, address Him, and He loving us/anyone, saves/saved no one. By grace, am I saved, through faith-the basis being His grace, not His love, as He will not "love" anyone into His presence.

The Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins, every last one of them, forgiving me of all(memorize) trespasses-good news. You reject the good news, as all Catholics like yourself do, and "preach" bad news.

You won't touch that.

Silencio, as silent/dead as a gathering of him, and his fellow Catholics, at "church."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).] It is the Lord Jesus Christ," not "Jesus," as all you Catholics, in disrespect, address Him...
:yawn: Eph 4:14

This from the guy that rejects his Lordship (2 Pe 2:1). :eek: Don't you have a problem with that word 'repent' in their, too? :Shimei:

Related:

[At] patrick jane [At] john w [At] Nick [At] SaultoPaul [At] Musterion [At] heir [At] GloryDaz [At] exminister
Lordship
Must We Confess Every Sin?
Give Your Life to Jesus
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers?
Where is Prince Now?
Kirk Cameron: Wives Should 'Honor and Respect and Follow Their Husband's Lead'

musterion

Got an email saying I done been tagged in this here thread. I see it, but don't see the point. Someone feel free to explain it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Don't you have a problem with that word 'repent' in their, too?

You have a problem, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV/1 Cor. 2:14 KJV, being a Catholic, with understanding the meaning of the word "repent," as the Lord Jesus Christ repented, and Judas repented.

The Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins, every last one of them, forgiving me of all(memorize) trespasses-good news. You reject the good news, as all Catholics like yourself do, and "preach" bad news.

You won't touch that

As I predicted-not a peep, after being asked over, and over. And sell all you have, as you assert that all of the scripture is about you, and all commands are directed specifically to you, for your obedience.

Silencio, as silent/dead as a gathering of him, and his fellow Catholics, at "church."

nikolai_42

Pagan heathens and Christians marry (Mt 19:6).

Yes...and when they marry each other, the I Corinthians passages I quoted show that the model only works properly in a believing context. If unbelievers get it right, it's only through imitation of the believer's model (so to speak...the real model is actually Christ and the church). Believers have no way of properly modeling that without first having it modeled to them...at the very least by believers who know what it takes (because they know Him).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[No testimony] You have a problem, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV/1 Cor. 2:14 KJV, being a Catholic...
:yawn: Strawman Eph 4:14 :noway:

"2 Co 4:4 the god of this age. Satan (cf. Matt. 4:8; John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11; Eph. 2:2; 2 Tim. 2:26; 1 John 5:19). this age. The current world mind-set expressed by the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes, and views of the majority of people. It encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. See notes on 10:5. has blinded. Satan blinds men to God’s truth through the world system he has created. Without a godly influence, man left to himself will follow that system, which panders to the depravity of unbelievers and deepens their moral darkness (cf. Matt. 13:19). Ultimately, it is God who allows such blindness (John 12:40). image of God. Jesus Christ is the exact representation of God Himself (see notes on Col. 1:15; 2:9; Heb. 1:3)...

1 Co 2:14 natural man. This refers to the unconverted, who lack supernatural life and wisdom. spiritually discerned. Through illumination of the Word, the Holy Spirit provides His saints the capacity to discern divine truth (see Ps. 119:18), which the spiritually dead are unable to comprehend (cf. John 5:37–39; see notes on 1 John 2:20, 27). The doctrine of illumination does not mean we know everything (cf. Deut. 29:29), that we do not need teachers (cf. Eph. 4:11, 12), or that understanding does not require hard work (cf. 2 Tim. 2:15)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1732). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

See:

Making the Gospel My Own Pt C by James MacDonald

Last edited: