John 20:28 and the Trinity

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
What about after the temple and Jerusalem are destroyed? Are you saying Satan was bound after the temple and Jerusalem are destroyed? I do not fully understand what you are asking.

yes, he was bound after the last days of Israel.

glorydaz

You think John 20:28 to be Thomas making a complete sentence and not a fragmentary one. And if I recall correctly, you don't even know the case of both nouns rendered lord and God in Greek.

Are you suggesting that Thomas, overcome with awe, would speak in a "complete sentence"? You ever heard of an exclamation?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Are you suggesting that Thomas, overcome with awe, would speak in a "complete sentence"? You ever heard of an exclamation?

But it isn't, lord and god, an exclamation in Greek, or at least these word have the first case nominative: ὁ κύριός μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου. I highly suspect the Greek article is not definitive. It is rarely before proper names, just like Hebrew, and like the article construct in [Aramaic].

way 2 go

Jesus, as God, bound Satan, and the binding occurred at The Cross.

Simple Biblical truth.
:nono:

Clearly and irrefutably says Satan hindered us ,and this happened after the cross.

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

Apple7

:nono:

Clearly and irrefutably says Satan hindered us ,and this happened after the cross.

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

Adding context…

For, brothers, you became imitators of the assemblies of God being in Judea in Christ Jesus, because you also suffered these things by your own fellow countrymen, as they did also by the Jews, who both killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, also having driven us out, and not pleasing God, and being contrary to all men, hindering us from speaking to the nations in order that they be saved, to the filling up of their sins always. But the wrath to the end is come on them. But, brothers, we being taken away from you for an hour's time, in presence, not in heart, we were much more eager with much desire to see your face. Because of this, we desired to come to you, truly I, Paul, both once and twice; but Satan hindered us. (1 Thes 2.14 – 18)

As we can see by adding context, this ‘hindering’ is applied to what the Jews (plural) did in obstructing the spread of the Gospel.

Obviously, since Satan cannot possess more than one person at a time, then this can only apply to the work of his demons, and not himself, as he is bound during this time.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 20:29 λέγει αὐτῷ ὁ Ἰησοῦς Ὅτι ἑώρακάς με Θωμᾷ πεπίστευκας μακάριοι οἱ μὴ ἰδόντες καὶ πιστεύσαντες

This is right after Thomas' incomplete sentence.

Apple7

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 20:29 λέγει αὐτῷ ὁ Ἰησοῦς Ὅτι ἑώρακάς με Θωμᾷ πεπίστευκας μακάριοι οἱ μὴ ἰδόντες καὶ πιστεύσαντες

yawn...and?

way 2 go

Adding context…

For, brothers, you became imitators of the assemblies of God being in Judea in Christ Jesus, because you also suffered these things by your own fellow countrymen, as they did also by the Jews, who both killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, also having driven us out, and not pleasing God, and being contrary to all men, hindering us from speaking to the nations in order that they be saved, to the filling up of their sins always. But the wrath to the end is come on them. But, brothers, we being taken away from you for an hour's time, in presence, not in heart, we were much more eager with much desire to see your face. Because of this, we desired to come to you, truly I, Paul, both once and twice; but Satan hindered us. (1 Thes 2.14 – 18)

As we can see by adding context, this ‘hindering’ is applied to what the Jews (plural) did in obstructing the spread of the Gospel.

Obviously, since Satan cannot possess more than one person at a time, then this can only apply to the work of his demons, and not himself, as he is bound during this time.

nice try
it does not say how satan hindered Paul but it does who hindered Paul & that was satan

Clearly and irrefutably says Satan hindered us

now here it says a messenger of satan not satan

2Co 12:7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.