Jihad in CA! No Not Climate Change...

This Charming Manc

I think it is ..... if you idealist terrorist only out to make a point, do you chose the people you know you, who you have lived with, worked with, those people who you know to be human and get on with as your first target?

Seems unlikely, you choose people you don't know, who you can call names and see as infidels and sub human as your target. The known element suggest there maybe a personal factors as well to this.

I don't want to get in a bitter argument about this its just an opinion, and it may come out in the wash. lets see what comes out when we know more.

No it is not... It is called a soft target, a target of opportunity, nothing strange about it at all.

The Berean

Copy cats? If the goal is the same who he is aligned with is irrelevant... Al Qaeda. ISIS, Daesh, et al are all working for the same goal, I think that it is important to remember that.

I believe it is very relevant in terms of detection, rocketman. Known terrorist groups are tracked by intelligence agencies world wide. Cell phones, email, and social media sites are constantly monitored. Known terrorists are listed on international watch lists. But in this attack the couple has no known direct links or contact with terrorist groups. This is a crucial and dangerous precedent. There is no way to flush out these types of potential 'lone wolf" terrorists before attacks because no one knows anything about them.

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I believe it is very relevant in terms of detection, rocketman. Known terrorist groups are tracked by intelligence agencies world wide. Cell phones, email, and social media sites are constantly monitored. Known terrorists are listed on international watch lists. But in this attack the couple has no known direct links or contact with terrorist groups. This is a crucial and dangerous precedent. There is no way to flush out these types of potential 'lone wolf" terrorists before attack's because no one knows anything about them.

Valid points, I would think that scanning facebook, twitter, and other social sites for keywords might be a starting point. It seems these two were keeping a low profile until they were ready to strike. I believe this should be a wake up call to all Americans that the notion that they are safe is just that...a notion.

The Berean

Valid points, I would think that scanning facebook, twitter, and other social sites for keywords might be a starting point. It seems these two were keeping a low profile until they were ready to strike. I believe this should be a wake up call to all Americans that the notion that they are safe is just that...a notion.
Exactly. Going off grid is VERY easy to do. If someone never uses a cell phone, or email, or social media it's rather easy to hide right out in plain sight.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I think it is ..... if you idealist terrorist only out to make a point, do you chose the people you know you, who you have lived with, worked with, those people who you know to be human and get on with as your first target?

Don't bring your personal ideals of empathy & humanity into a discussion of people who would kill innocents in cold blood, that would be your first miscalculation of a terrorist. People they know or people they don't, they were all infidels and they were unprotected & vunerable an easy target for a terrorist. My goodness these people will strap a suicide vest to their own children! they have an ideology that trumps humanity.

Seems unlikely, you choose people you don't know, who you can call names and see as infidels and sub human as your target. The known element suggest there maybe a personal factors as well to this.

I believe that you are looking at this as you see it (showing empathy) not, as the radical islamic terrorist would see it. The terrorist believes that they are serving allah through murdering innocents as well as their own eventual martyrdom. I don't see emotions or feelings for others as really even coming into the picture.

I don't want to get in a bitter argument about this its just an opinion, and it may come out in the wash. lets see what comes out when we know more.

I am not arguing with you, I am pointing out that these people don't think like you, or I, they have no humanity for the innocent, all are guilty of being infadels to allah in their twisted ideology. I see no humanity in these people at all.

This Charming Manc

Is that opinion not the first step towards acting as they do.

"Muslim aren't like us", "there not real people", "they don't feel" etc etc etc.

We say that we are on the road to justify bombing there children with drones as collateral damage.

I am pointing out that these people don't think like you, or I, they have no humanity for the innocent, all are guilty of being infadels to allah in their twisted ideology. I see no humanity in these people at all.

Quetzal

Would it hurt you so much to read his post and actually respond to it? :idunno:
Please, if the bias was the other way around you would have no problem tossing stones from the sideline. He just happens to waddle on your side of political insanity. Nothing new here. :rolleyes:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Please, if the bias was the other way around you would have no problem tossing stones from the sideline. He just happens to waddle on your side of political insanity. Nothing new here. :rolleyes:

iow, your only intention is to troll, even when the owner of the site is politely asking you to engage in a more substantive manner

:wave2:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Is that opinion not the first step towards acting as they do.

"Muslim aren't like us", "there not real people", "they don't feel" etc etc etc.

The actions they are being defined with are theirs, I am not going to tiptoe through the emotional tulips with you Manc, radical islam has defined itself, has defined their goal, and has shown the world graphically that they have no empathy for innocents, that they are savages devoid of a sense of humanity, and that they are certainly not like us...the civilized world. I am really not concerned with how they "feel" about how they are seen by the civilized world and I am quite sure that it doesn't make a difference to them either. All the butt kissing that our current president has done to the islamic world has garnered him no respect & the appearance of weakness.

We say that we are on the road to justify bombing there children with drones as collateral damage.

In the words of General William Tecumseh Sherman...

"You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. "

war isn't pretty Manc, in the words of the same man, "War is Hell"...

rexlunae

California, one of the most liberal states in the U.S., which has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the nation, is given a taste of what their psychosis has bred...Radical Islamic terrorism!

Be honest, you were grinning just a bit when you wrote that. Right?

rexlunae

Grinning? not so much...

I have a hard time believing that, honestly. As long as I've been interacting with you here, you seem to have one top priority at all times: bashing liberals. What's a mass shooting in Wacky California but another chance to do that.

Certainly not a look of surprise either. :plain:

You know what they say about broken clocks...

brewmama

I have a hard time believing that, honestly. As long as I've been interacting with you here, you seem to have one top priority at all times: bashing liberals. What's a mass shooting in Wacky California but another chance to do that.

It's not always fun to be right.

glorydaz

The actions they are being defined with are theirs, I am not going to tiptoe through the emotional tulips with you Manc, radical islam has defined itself, has defined their goal, and has shown the world graphically that they have no empathy for innocents, that they are savages devoid of a sense of humanity, and that they are certainly not like us...the civilized world. I am really not concerned with how they "feel" about how they are seen by the civilized world and I am quite sure that it doesn't make a difference to them either. All the butt kissing that our current president has done to the islamic world has garnered him no respect & the appearance of weakness.

In the words of General William Tecumseh Sherman...

"You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. "

war isn't pretty Manc, in the words of the same man, "War is Hell"...

:first:

Arthur Brain

Please don't confuse my presentation of the "facts" with the ongoing rhetoric (babbling) of your psychotic brethren who are still in denial of who the enemy(s) are.

Actually their/your worldview is evil, as well as a danger to yourself & all you infect with your sickness. Your political correctness is killing people...face it.

Uh, seriously dude. Unless you consider Fred Phelps a "liberal" then this is sheer unadulterated crap. You're not stupid RM so why do you perpetuate this lame tripe? It's asinine nonsense in lieu of an argument. FTR, it's just as lame when a "liberal" tries the same bollocks in 'painting' conservatives in the same moronic stripe.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Uh, seriously dude. Unless you consider Fred Phelps a "liberal" then this is sheer unadulterated crap.

Actually Fred Phelps was a liberal, and just as radical:

Phelps was a disbarred lawyer, founder of the Phelps Chartered law firm, and a former civil rights activist. He sought public office four times as a member of the Democratic Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Now what were you saying? :think:

You're not stupid RM so why do you perpetuate this lame tripe? It's asinine nonsense in lieu of an argument. FTR, it's just as lame when a "liberal" tries the same bollocks in 'painting' conservatives in the same moronic stripe.

Well thank you AB but, I beg to differ with you on this. I am pointing out the fact that political correctness kills, and that trait belongs solely to liberals, it is the doctrine they live by, the least they can do is own it, a simple admission that their worldview is bogus and has caused damage will be sufficient.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
BAD NEWS:

Liberal Democrat Cops haven't bothered to gather evidence at crime scene.

Its as if they didn't want to catch the other terrorists who supplied guns and explosive materials,
and who are now planning 10 or so OTHER attacks on US soil.
But that can't be true, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi89meqLyIo

That is incredible - It's still a fresh crime scene of 14 murders and 100 people are touching everything !!