Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That does not make sense. You say it is not about spiritual Israel. It is about what is spiritual.

Is it first about what is physical? If not now I don't know what your spiritual means. I do not mean material. I mean some things are spiritually appraised or somethings are spiritual but that other things are physical or natural. We decide what is right to do but then there is spiritual insight into things. That is not what is meant by spiritual Israel.

God's Truth

Is it first about what is physical? If not now I don't know what your spiritual means. I do not mean material. I mean some things are spiritually appraised or somethings are spiritual but that other things are physical or natural. We decide what is right to do but then there is spiritual insight into things. That is not what is meant by spiritual Israel.

Becoming a part of the body of Christ is SPIRITUAL.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Can you admit the truth or not? The truth is that the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are one and the same Spirit.

There is only ONE Spirit. That is what the scriptures say. Do you believe the scriptures or not?

I believe what you are saying now, what you are saying now at this time, and I believe it lines up with what the scriptures say.

One Spirit/spirit, from the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 6:17 NASB - 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

1 Corinthians 12:9, 13 NASB - 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, ... 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18 NASB - 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.

Ephesians 4:4 NASB - 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Philippians 1:27 NASB - 27 Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

See this,

1 Corinthians 12:11 NASB - 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

From blueletterbible link.

Different from

Ephesians 4:5 NASB - 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

The following and then etc...

Ephesians 4:1-25 NASB - 1 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. 8 Therefore it says,"WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH,HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES,AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN." 9 (Now this expression, "He ascended," what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.) 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. 14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love. 17 So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart; 19 and they, having become callous, have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. 20 But you did not learn Christ in this way, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, 22 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23 and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. 25 Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another.

Danoh

Jacob, the poster, Totten, and I, get along just fine. Yet, we differ in our understanding of many things.

I have to believe getting along does not mean compromise one's view just to get along with others.

It appears Totten feels the same way.

But again, that does not mean that positions on "the church" and all the various other "ologies" do not matter.

And again, you reveal how little you understood Dispensationalism. Read that article and come back and post you learned nothing that might have helped towards some answers on some things.

Or not, that's on you. But please don't go on asserting you know something about Dispensationalism.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How long were you in that church before you found out?

I forget. I don't know how old I was before we went to another church in the assemblies to hear about the history of the Plymouth Brethren, from someone well verses in Ecclesiology pertaining even to where things stand now with the church and denominations. But the Plymouth Brethren didn't really consider themselves a denomination. Have you heard the history with John Nelson Darby considered the father of dispensationalism? He was a lawyer. Probably did a lot of good. But, probably divided everything up. I hope he promoted unity. I'm not sure the history of all that. So yeah, we were a part of the Brethren.

God's Truth

It's useless time and energy to argue with you. Many have tried to set you straight over the years and have failed. Believe whatever you want and be happy with it. You are unable to learn anything. You and Meshak are about the same.

I think you have proved that Meshak and you are the same

God's Truth

I believe what you are saying now, what you are saying now at this time, and I believe it lines up with what the scriptures say.

One Spirit/spirit, from the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 6:17 NASB - 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

1 Corinthians 12:9, 13 NASB - 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, ... 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18 NASB - 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.

Ephesians 4:4 NASB - 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Philippians 1:27 NASB - 27 Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

See this,

1 Corinthians 12:11 NASB - 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

From blueletterbible link.

Different from

Ephesians 4:5 NASB - 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

The following and then etc...

Ephesians 4:1-25 NASB - 1 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. 8 Therefore it says,"WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH,HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES,AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN." 9 (Now this expression, "He ascended," what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.) 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. 14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love. 17 So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart; 19 and they, having become callous, have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. 20 But you did not learn Christ in this way, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, 22 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23 and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. 25 Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another.

I am so glad you agree and understand now.

So then just to confirm, do you agree that the Spirit of Christ IS the Spirit of God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, the poster, Totten, and I, get along just fine. Yet, we differ in our understanding of many things.

I have to believe getting along does not mean compromise one's view just to get along with others.

It appears Totten feels the same way.

But again, that does not mean that positions on "the church" and all the various other "ologies" do not matter.

And again, you reveal how little you understood Dispensationalism. Read that article and come back and post you learned nothing that might have helped towards some answers on some things.

Or not, that's on you. But please don't go on asserting you know something about Dispensationalism.

I do know something about dispensationalism. As for the article, you said I was reading it. When I read that from you I had only read one part. I don't know that Israel was in the land when dispensationalism was popularised. But we should be Biblical.

Are you familiar with the eschatological views of dispensationalism? Are you familiar with the dispensations, what they are, how many of them there are, and what these dispensations represent in terms of the covenants? Some verses that have the word dispensation in them are used out of context. That is, the word dispensation is a Biblical word, but it is not about the seven dispensations or however many there are. Was anyone ever saved by works? No. Then why say Israel once pursued salvation as if it were by works? It does not mean no one was of faith or had the Holy Spirit. And it does not mean that in this dispensation, the dispensation of the Law, people were saved by works. No one was ever saved by works. Now, if I have this point wrong, from the one teaching of how people were saved the same way in the old covenant as in the new covenant, which contradicts people only being saved in accordance with the indwelling Spirit in the new, at least there are differences of opinion, well, if they are saved in the same way we are, or rather we are saved in the same way they were, by faith, how could they only be saved by the Law?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When someone receives the Spirit of God---they become more spiritual.

You're wrong again. When one hears the Gospel they:
1) Place their faith in Christ as their Savior
2) They are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
3) They are baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
4) They receive the righteousness of Christ.

They don't just get a little more Spiritual. You're minimizing the work of the Holy Spirit. You are ignorant.