Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

clefty

Christians fulfill the law by being "In Christ".
ummm...there is no Law you said...nothing to fulfill...no need to be “in Christ”

What scripture actually says is that you fulfill the law by loving Yah and your neighbor as yourself...

So how does one do that? You know...LOVE...? Especially one like you who claims “no rules needed”

Cuz scripture says He said “if you love Me...keep my commandments”

So well there goes your theory...

You cannot be any holier in God's eyes than when he sees you as perfect and complete in His Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.
right...so I suggest you keep His commandments to abide in His love so that when His Father looks at you on that judgement day His Son will say “well done good and faithful servant” and brings you that reward for your good works...

So what is a good work anyway?...I mean for you being lawless and all...

clefty

Spiritually, Christians are "In Christ".

Physically, they are "The Chief of Sinners".

In Christ wearing His yoke...living by faith doing His will living more like Him...worshipping Him His Way...

We are His slaves doing His Work...to do what is expected...

So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do’ ” (Luke 17:10)

All we do is commanded of us so that we might hear “well done good and faithful servant”

We want to do this work for what was done for us...

clefty

Christians fulfill the law by being "In Christ". You cannot be any holier in God's eyes than when he sees you as perfect and complete in His Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

In Christ you want to keep the Law...it REMAINS is why it is important you are in Christ...more like Him dead to your former ways

you here with your claims are like the other false witnesses who claimed Paul taught the OT was abolished...

Acts 21:20 “And when they heard it, they glorified God. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands there are among the Jews of those who have believed. They are all zealous for the law,
21 and they have been told about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or walk according to our customs.”

So what did Paul do? He shaved his head to prove he was still zealous for the law as the other believing jews...

Why do you wish to continue this Jewish false witness and make Paul shave his head?

Robert Pate

Banned
In Christ you want to keep the Law...it REMAINS is why it is important you are in Christ...more like Him dead to your former ways

you here with your claims are like the other false witnesses who claimed Paul taught the OT was abolished...

Acts 21:20 “And when they heard it, they glorified God. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands there are among the Jews of those who have believed. They are all zealous for the law,
21 and they have been told about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or walk according to our customs.”

So what did Paul do? He shaved his head to prove he was still zealous for the law as the other believing jews...

Why do you wish to continue this Jewish false witness and make Paul shave his head?

Paul shaved his head so that he could be all things to all men that he might win some. It almost cost Paul his life.

This was the problem in the early church, even though the law had been fulfilled and abolished, many were still zealous of the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul shaved his head so that he could be all things to all men that he might win some. It almost cost Paul his life.

This was the problem in the early church, even though the law had been fulfilled and abolished, many were still zealous of the law.

Please support with scripture. On both counts you are found wanting. In both of the things that you have said here you are wrong, incorrect.

Robert Pate

Banned
Please support with scripture. On both counts you are found wanting. In both of the things that you have said here you are wrong, incorrect.

I have given you enough light to light a city.

You don't want truth, you want religion.

john w

Hall of Fame

Misdirection. Go ahead and give us, again, your dementia induced reasoning as to why hundreds of thousands of people, including the 12, in early Acts, observed Pentecost, part of the law,in early Acts. Tell us why Paul kept/observed all of the feasts, which are part of the law, if the law was allegedly abolished. Go ahead, Pate-who taught them that?

Watch the diminished capacity, demonic "logic" he spams, spins.

clefty

Paul was hunted down by jews because he encouraged so many gentiles to crowd the synagogues every Sabbath to hear about One resurrected...

Imagine that...a time when believers wished to follow Him His Way...the way of His Faith

And not like you with false claims His way is abolished or changed...

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul was hunted down by jews because he encouraged so many gentiles to crowd the synagogues every Sabbath to hear about One resurrected...

Imagine that...a time when believers wished to follow Him His Way...the way of His Faith

And not like you with false claims His way is abolished or changed...

The early church was full of contention because many of the Jews could not give up living by law.

You can read about in the epistles of Paul. One time they left Paul for dead after beating him.

Where the Gospel is there is contention, simply because the Gospel is anti-religion.

JonahofAkron

The early church was full of contention because many of the Jews could not give up living by law.

You can read about in the epistles of Paul. One time they left Paul for dead after beating him.

Where the Gospel is there is contention, simply because the Gospel is anti-religion.
No one told them to give up the Law. The person saying so would have been in error. Paul tells some that their dependence on the Law for salvation is a problem, but that's not equated with 'don't do the Law'.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
No one told them to give up the Law. The person saying so would have been in error. Paul tells some that their dependence on the Law for salvation is a problem, but that's not equated with 'don't do the Law'.

No one told them to give up the law? You have got to be kidding.

No, Paul just told them...

"For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

So, hang on to the law folks.

genuineoriginal

"For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

You think that Paul taught people to stop doing the things written in the law when Paul quoted that the curse is on those people that stop doing the things written in the law?

Galatians 3:10
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

This is talking about people without faith. Obedience is important for all people. You can only be saved by the shed blood of Jesus.

JonahofAkron

Clearly discussing the curse for disobedience found in Deuteronomy 30, but you're just ignoring it. That's cool.

JonahofAkron

You think that Paul taught people to stop doing the things written in the law when Paul quoted that the curse is on those people that stop doing the things written in the law?

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.​

Exactly what I said!! Bravo!

Robert Pate

Banned

Paul told them that, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion. What it means is that we are to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

genuineoriginal

Paul told them that, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion.
Jesus explained about living by faith in the Sermon on the Mount and it does not involve abandoning the commandments from the law.

Matthew 5:17-20
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.​

What it means is that we are to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.
Jesus told His disciples to teach everyone to keep His commandments.

Matthew 28:18-20
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.​