Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I have yet to see proof of the above, and I think alot of extra expended energy could best be served in other directions, those more edifying and faith-promoting, instead of targeting a specific individual with continuous judgments and accusations.

Spoiler
Neither do I feel it my calling to be a 'referee' in any petty fighting that is beyond what is civilly proper and ethically permissable when engaging in a constructive discussion on any particular matter of importance. I try to serve as a 'peace maker' naturally by calling, as such gifts of grace naturally express themselves.

We can as 'adults' simply share our view, the reasons why we hold whatever 'interpretation' or 'belief' we have and engage a 'dialogue' with another discussing the 'points', 'concepts', 'logics', 'insights', 'correlaries', 'conclusions' that such viewpoints afford. We may discuss and criticize the interpretations without demonizing or devaluing the individual themselves, UNLESS they are CLEARLY engaging in immoral, unethical, rude, spiteful, cruel or condescending manners, OR violating TOL rules of forum conduct.

AS YOU KNOW,..I have openly held a more Unitarian view for the sake of 'creative dialogue' here, because I do not see the advantage of a dogmatic belief of the orthodox Trinitarian CREED, in her specific details and assumptions, to which Anthanasius rendered 'anathemas' upon anyone who didnt accept its 'terms',...which is ridiculous! - damning to 'hell' anyone who disagrees,...typical 'orthodox' pomp and fanfare. ALSO, I have maintained that an UNITARIAN view....EVEN a wholly traditional ARIAN view.....is JUST as acceptable if not MORE than any trinitarian/modalist or some 'hybrid' inbetween. ALL these groups worship 'God' the FATHER and venerate and follow His Son, the Lord Jesus...and take him as God's MESSIAH and SON! Its only those trying to prove that Jesus is YHWH that are vehement about any teaching that does not believe that, but is more Unitarian in its Christology. SO? - you can harp over the fine points and strain at gnats, split some hairs while your at it (dont over strain yourself),...but after all that is said (scrutinized) and done (dont get too exhausted)....only the 'pure in heart see God'. Only those who DO God's will actually...can completely (fully) realize and enjoy His blessing. FAITH, while being essential,...can only be completely (fully) realized in its 'fulfilmment' WHEN that faith is ACTED upon.

What I recommend, is redirecting your energies to dialogue that is more uplifting and edifying, agreeing to disagree about some areas of 'interpretation',...if differences for any reason appears, and USE this forum positively to be a channel of God's LOVE, and the sharing of his divine WISDOM thru 'creative and constructive dialogue'. - All that matters at the end of the day is the love and peace shared among God's children, in feeding on 'manna' from above that gives life, wisdom, encouragement, empowerment, hope, strength and LIFE! - anything that is working contrary to love's will and motives, and the free exploration of consciousness, in our study of truth, seeking to enlarge our revelation of 'God' and HOW to love better, is either trivial or 'satanic' (hindering) in its activity. Just like Peter thought he was so passionately stepping up to the plate for 'God',....Jesus said "GET BEHIND ME SATAN". 'Satan' is the hinderer, adversary, accuser.

I have other posts to attend, so please knock off the religious kindergarten antics (this goes for all of us) and show some spiritual adulthood maturity around here. This FORUM is already filled with so much petty discourse, polemics and politicizing of doctrine (in one form or another) as it is. Yes....'discussion' of religion is the purpose here,...but by golly, this isnt a 'contest' of egos for God's sake. Remember Jesus said let your 'yes' be 'yes',...and your 'no' be 'no'....because anything more than this of the evil one? - this is because when we let ourselves drift off and 'exaggerate' points that are NOT fundamental or essential...getting bombastic on the non-essential which we THINK or BELIEVE are most important....we loose ourselves. Since God and his gift of life thru His Son is YES.....and all that is against love, life, truth, goodness, wisdom, peace....is NO....lets us consider these ultimatums.

I may be withdrawing some, as engaging in too many discussions is spreading myself too thin, while other more pertinent subjects need attending. Thank you all for considering your contribution, but HOW you can also be instrumental in enhancing the discussion experience of this board in God's honor, by healthy uplifting and friendly discourse here, and most of all in brotherly love, after all, if 'God' is truly our Father, then we are his children.

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION]

Did the Father reveal Himself in the likeness of Flesh by joining Himself with Humanity?

Did He reveal His Love as (Son of God) and (Son of Man) in the context of the first question?

Did God Atone For ALL Sin that we are saved by "Belief, Faith, Trust" in God alone... not of our efforts, but HIS work on the Cross, Burial and Resurrection... Alone?

Is God our Sin Bearer?

Or... If you want to dodge these questions... do you deny any of the below?

The "Testimony of Yeshua" that Daqq proclaims is absolute denial that God loved us enough to literally join with us and die for all of our sins.

Daqq further denies that simply by accepting SAVIOR's free gift, while admitting that He is our only hope... is our salvation.

Worse yet...

Daqq proclaims that Jesus was not our Sin Bearer.

Daqq denies that YHWH Loved us enough to Join with us as (Son of God) and (Son of Man).

Daqq denies that Jesus Fulfilled the Law for all who turn to Him as their full fulfillment of righteousness.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One of the meanings of monogenes (translated "only begotten") is ”literally ‘one of a kind,’ ‘only,’ ‘unique’ (unicus), not ‘only begotten,’ which would be monogennetos (unigenitus)” (The Vocabulary of the Greek Testament, Moulton and Milligan, p.416-417).

:) - get back soon on this, as I've found some wonderful insights on this point. Also with John 1:18,...about Jesus being not only Gods Son....but in a sense the only begotten 'god' :) I have no problems with John 1:1 being the "word was 'divine", or "the word was a god",...since the logos derives its divinity from its Father-source, so is 'divine', yes. But how this logos further became 'flesh' is a matter of opinion and even in this process unfolding, is the 'Son' become more distinctualized from the Father...in becoming human, so....anyway you look at it....in a more Unitarian or Trinitarian way....the Son is still begotten of God. - its special and unique begetting...yes....hence he is the 'firstborn'. - but then we too by the newbirth of the spirit,....are born(begotten) from above....and join as one body with-in Messiah. Most of the Christology debates are but splitting hairs over fine metaphysical points and philosophical SPIN. thats it. And I tire of much of it. - more to come on this.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Did the Father reveal Himself in the likeness of Flesh by joining Himself with Humanity?

Did He reveal His Love as (Son of God) and (Son of God) in the context of the first question?

Did God Atone For ALL Sin that we are saved by "Belief, Faith, Trust" in God alone... not of our efforts, but HIS work on the Cross, Burial and Resurrection... Alone?

Is God our Sin Bearer?

The "Testimony of Yeshua" that Daqq proclaims is absolute denial that God loved us enough to literally join with us and die for all of our sins.

Daqq further denies that simply by accepting SAVIOR's free gift, while admitting that He is our only hope... is our salvation.

Worse yet...

Daqq denies that YHWH Loved us enough to Join with us as (Son of God) and (Son of Man).

Daqq denies that Jesus Fulfilled the Law for all who turn to Him as their full fulfillment of righteousness.

EE,....mutual respects but I tire of this nitpicking over fine details and points that are more being presumed and preconceived by the contender, that may be exaggerated from their own point of view, but may not really be that significant in the greater cosmic CONTEXT of things. Remember.... Yeshua says 'love one another'. - all else pales in importance. - the fact is 'God' who is INFINITE is beyond our finite perception,....we can only 'approximate' conceptually and with words what 'God' is like, and at least only have his own divine nature or SPIRIT as that presence of 'reality' in us, and that same spirit to guide us into all truth, and that is a path of 'progressive revelation'.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
EE,....mutual respects but I tire of this nitpicking over fine details and points that are more being presumed and preconceived by the contender, that may be exaggerated from their own point of view, but may not really be that significant in the greater cosmic CONTEXT of things. Remember.... Yeshua says 'love one another'. - all else pales in importance. - the fact is 'God' who is INFINITE is beyond our finite perception,....we can only 'approximate' conceptually and with words what 'God' is like, and at least only have his own divine nature or SPIRIT as that presence of 'reality' in us, and that same spirit to guide us into all truth, and that is a path of 'progressive revelation'.

Freelight...

To deny scriptural truth is not nit picking.

If Daqq has an answer... let him answer.

Encouraging darkness and lies is not Love.

Jerry Shugart

...anyway you look at it....in a more Unitarian or Trinitarian way....the Son is still begotten of God. - its special and unique begetting...yes....hence he is the 'firstborn'.

Yes, the firstborn from the dead:

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence" (Col.1:18).​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Did He reveal His Love as (Son of God) and (Son of Man) in the context of the first question?

Is God our Sin Bearer?

Worse yet...

EE, you should stop disrupting this thread with your private vendetta, which is false anyway.

Please go back to your own thread.

God reconciled through His Son.

God is not the Son--

Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
Isa 42:3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
Isa 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

LA

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
EE, you should stop disrupting this thread with your private vendetta, which is false anyway.

Spoiler
Please go back to your own thread.

God reconciled through His Son.

God is not the Son--

Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
Isa 42:3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
Isa 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

LA

Your post was a little long... I placed it in spoiler format to help. I am offering an apposition to the OP that shows Jesus is not separate from Jehovah. And... it's all with scripture in any translation chosen...

I don't see how that is off topic.

Would you answer to scripture via yes or no questions?

If you're correct... then you can make a fool of me...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your post was a little long... I placed it in spoiler format to help. I am offering an apposition to the OP that shows Jesus is not separate from Jehovah. And... it's all with scripture in any translation chosen...

I don't see how that is off topic.

Would you answer to scripture via yes or no questions?

If you're correct... then you can make a fool of me...

Jesus is a man.

His Father is Yahveh.

Simple.

Jerry Shugart

I think we agree that Jehovah is the Father, and is God Almighty. Jesus completely subjugated himself to the Father, and called the Father, Jehovah, "my God." "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." (John 20:17) He also called Jehovah "my God" at Revelation 3:12, when bringing an awesome vision to John.

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God"
(Jn.20:17).​

Before the Lord Jesus completely subjected Himself to the Father and became a Servant in that regard He was in the "form of God":

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"
(Phil.2:5-7).​

He was also born a Jew and as a Jew He was under the Law:

"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law"
(Ro.4:4).​

So being a Jew he was under the law and He was to keep the Ten Commandments, including this one:

"I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me"
(Ex.20:23).​

It should surprise no one that once He took on the form of a Servant and was made flesh that He had a God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it? Then you wouldn't mind answering to scripture?

Does Yahveh Share Worship?

(Exodus 34:14) (Malachi 3:6)

????? [MENTION=10015]Lazy afternoon[/MENTION]???

The verses I showed you can not be denied by any other verses.

Also you must study the word :worship: in the bible.

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

LA

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The verses I showed you can not be denied by any other verses.

Also you must study the word :worship: in the bible.

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

LA

I'm so glad you pointed out that God is Spirit...

(Romans 8:9) + (Philippians 1:19)

And.... again unanswered by you...

(Exodus 34:14) and (Malachi 3:6)

Are these scriptures true?

Now... I answered to your verses...

Please answer to mine.

Incidentally... to further answer your use of (John 1:1) ... you acknowledged it...

What about the following verse? (John 1:14)

Are these verses true?

Considering John also wrote (2 John 1:7) I would say this matters.

Considering I could prove that the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is (Jesus the Christ) in 3 scriptures.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm so glad you pointed out that God is Spirit...

(Romans 8:9) + (Philippians 1:19)

And.... again unanswered by you...

(Exodus 34:14) and (Malachi 3:6)

Are these scriptures true?

Now... I answered to your verses...

Please answer to mine.

You will not accept any answer which shows your view is wrong.

LA

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the begotten god..............

the begotten god..............

One of the meanings of monogenes (translated "only begotten") is ”literally ‘one of a kind,’ ‘only,’ ‘unique’ (unicus), not ‘only begotten,’ which would be monogennetos (unigenitus)” (The Vocabulary of the Greek Testament, Moulton and Milligan, p.416-417).

Hi JS and all,

This subject is interesting,...and Jesus being the 'Special' and 'Unique' Son does hold. The term itself is most wonderful. Jesus holds a special place in his Sonship, of course, but we also are sons of God via adoption, sharing his spirit, so...as the body of Messiah, we all represent the Son of God, and God's Messiah :)

Now concerning John 1:18 this is interesting since some ancient manuscripts have the rendering of Jesus being the "only begotten god", while others render it "his only begotten Son". This threw an interesting wrench into the machine concerning the great Arian Controversy....but nevertheless,...I can see Jesus being a specially begotten god :) - He is God's SON anyways....know matter how you descrine or assume the process of the 'begetting' ;) - one does not need to be a trinitarian to accept this, and I've contended an Arian view is just as well, Jesus is still God's Son, and God is still the Father.

God is not diminished in anyway in an Arian Christology (protesting aside), neither could 'Real God' EVER be diminished, so I see all this fuss over/against Arianism (from since the 4th century...and continuing by their own steam) as mere doctrinal posturing and preferential viewmanship. The Arian Catholic Church continues just as well,...and they are upholding all the SAME ethical/moral/'Christian' virtues and teachings as any other christian 'denomination', they just have a more Unitarian doctrinal perspective, and furthermore incorporate their religious practice using reason and modern science - I think any religious system ought to be 'progressive' :)

What is important as a disciple of Jesus is to live the religion he lived, and not get too focused or frustrated over trying to make him into 'this' or 'that' or your 'versio'n of 'God'...which is what is going on for the most part. Only 'God' is 'God'....and this God is the Father-God, who alone is the Father of all things and beings, incorporeal, infinite, without beginning or end, prior and trancending space-time and form,...the Infinite ONE out of which all souls, all spirits spring. This Infinite Father-God is the 'God' and 'Father' of the Lord Jesus....and always shall BE.

In any case 'God' was manifesting his love, revealing Himself in all his qualities and attributes in/thru the Son, and always DOES, as much as Jesus continues to be His Son,....God also reveals his qualities and atributes of divinity in us too! As the Spirit of God/Christ abides in us, and we walk in the the divine nature and guidance of that spirit. THIS is all that matters,...for to have the Spirit is life and peace.

There is nothing wrong with a Unitarian Christology or theology, except to those who disagree with it. And this is the truth. So hash it out all you like. The good news of the kingdom prevails, and there are even more truth about God that awaits discovery.

And dont forget kiddos,...this should come as no surprise to those familiar with freelights very eclectic theology :) get over it. - God is still God,...and in his infinite awesomeness...sometimes he really doesn't need any "help" (in the form of so many 'apologetics' going on trying to defend Him). 'God' as absolute reality, needs no defense, for truth cannot be defeated, but can be surrender to and realized. In this sense, the eastern religions have something to teach the west, although mystics from all world religious traditions converge on the same universal ground of 'God', ever at the Heart of all.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Hi JS and all,

This subject is interesting,...and Jesus being the 'Special' and 'Unique' Son does hold. The term itself is most wonderful. Jesus holds a special place in his Sonship, of course, but we also are sons of God via adoption, sharing his spirit, so...as the body of Messiah, we all represent the Son of God, and God's Messiah :)

Now concerning John 1:18 this is interesting since some ancient manuscripts have the rendering of Jesus being the "only begotten god", while others render it "his only Son". This threw an interesting wrench into the machine concerning the great Arian Controversy....but nevertheless,...I can see Jesus being a specially begotten god :) - He is God's SON anyways....know matter how you descrine or assume the process of the 'begetting' ;) - one does not need to be a trinitarian to accept this, and I've contended an Arian view is just as well, Jesus is still God's Son, and God is still the Father.

God is not diminished in anyway in an Arian Christology (protesting aside), neither could 'Real God' EVER be diminished, so I see all this fuss over/against Arianism (from since the 4th century...and continuing by their own steam) as mere doctrinal posturing and preferential viewmanship. The Arian Catholic Church continues just as well,...and they are upholding all the SAME ethical/moral/'Christian' virtues and teachings as any other christian 'denomination', they just have a more Unitarian doctrinal perspective, and furthermore incorporate their religious practice using reason and modern science - I think any religious system ought to be 'progressive' :)

What is important as a disciple of Jesus is to live the religion he lived, and not get too focused or frustrated over trying to make him into 'this' or 'that' or your 'versio'n of 'God'...which is what is going on for the most part. Only 'God' is 'God'....and this God is the Father-God, who alone is the Father of all things and beings, incorporeal, infinite, without beginning or end, prior and trancending space-time and form,...the Infinite ONE out of which all souls, all spirits spring. This Infinite Father-God is the 'God' and 'Father' of the Lord Jesus....and always shall BE.

In any case 'God' was manifesting his love, revealing Himself in all his qualities and attributes in/thru the Son, and always DOES, as much as Jesus continues to be His Son,....God also reveals his qualities and atributes of divinity in us too! As the Spirit of God/Christ abides in us, and we walk in the the divine nature and guidance of that spirit. THIS is all that matters,...for to have the Spirit is life and peace.

There is nothing wrong with a Unitarian Christology or theology, except to those who disagree with it. And this is the truth. So hash it out all you like. The good news of the kingdom prevails, and there are even more truth about God that awaits discovery.

And dont forget kiddos,...this should come as no surprise to those familiar with freelights very eclectic theology :) get over it. - God is still God,...and in his infinite awesomeness...sometimes he really doesn't need any "help" (in the form of so many 'apologetics' going on trying to defend Him). 'God' as absolute reality, needs no defense, for truth cannot be defeated, but can be surrender to and realized. In this sense, the eastern religions have something to teach the west, although mystics from all world religious traditions converge on the same universal ground of 'God', ever at the Heart of all.

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION]

God is diminished my Arianism.

You are uplifting people that deny grace and universal Love. The point of God becoming one with us was the core of the message that God would wash our feet... The lowest position of servant hood.

You are confusing me now.

You say you believe in Universal Love... but by saying what you have said, you have denied the universal Love of God.

I'm being honest and sincere.

The biblical... Triune God... Drinks wine with sinners and self sacrifices on multiple levels...

Arianism binds people to a God that would slaughter a creation that is Called His son.

Do you not see this? ... Which God?

The King that self sacrifices? ... Or the King that Sacrifices?
You are the one contradicting your atonement of Love thread.

If it comes to a Meta Discussion... I'm not afraid...

The Self Saceificing King wins every time! Do you not see your giving these Arians an excuse to blaspheme grace, judge and divide?

I would break bread with anyone... beer and all... but... seriously?

Do you defend the self-righteous out of Love?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is (Exodus 34:14) and (Malachi 3:6) an error?

You are a scriptural coward... I answer all of your scriptures, but you won't answer to one I post. You would rather be deceived than turn to Jesus!

No.

You are a liar, you do not answer all scriptures, you avoid them.

If you had studied up the word "worship" then you would not be so ignorant.

You present verses which do not say what you claim and in no way prove the verses I gave you to be wrong in what they say.

God is not the Son--

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.