Jesus is YHWH

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the generous dose of humor.

Please note verse 6 that Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God

now note verse 5 Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus.

Since Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God and we are to let his mind be in us, then I think it is not robbery for me to be equal with God, if indeed, we have an accurate understanding of verse 6

Are you and I and every believer to think it not robbery to be equal to God?

We are only, ever counted "son's" of God and equal to God by Love.

1 John 3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.​

This is why the chapter we are discussing here goes on to say this...

Philippians 2:30 because for the work of Christ he came close to death, not regarding his life, to supply what was lacking in your service toward me.​

God provided for us in His express image. He alone is capable of morally pleasing Himself and thus... we must claim His work alone... while relinquishing our dead efforts that bear iniquity, even in our best intentions.

Humility Oats... It's all about humility towards Christ and fellow humanity. He alone is truely without pride. We are merely the clay that bears the oil and Light.

- EE

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Poor man. You have such a shallow understanding of the scriptures. Haven't you learned yet what "mighty god" means in Isaiah? It is translated from "El Gibbohr," and refers to any mighty, powerful individual (there are no capital letters in Hebrew). It is to be contrasted with "El Shaddai," which is translated Almighty God. Only YHWH is referred to as Almighty God. Any powerful person can be referred to as "mighty god." Human judges and angels are called "gods" in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Jesus is an "everlasting father" in that he is responsible for eternal life to his "children," mankind.

Now, why would you think that Matthew 1:23 is saying that God Himself is here on the earth? "God with us" means merely that God is showing His concern for us by sending His Son. He is "with" us in that sense. His Son represents Him and explains to mankind what his Father wants.

Oh... I see... Let's go forward and redefine all the parts of the Bible we don't like! Best... Idea... Ever!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Excellent post.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Keypurr,

You have vowed upon your soul to deny that Jesus is God. No scripture could sway you. Of this... I'm now certain.

You fear the Law of Moses and that you would be declaring a false God to recognize that the Son of Man named Jesus Ben Yoseph is the very Presence of the Living God, bound to humanity in the flesh for eternity.

You declare that there are two Gods and thus you are mocking Deuteronomy 6:4 and breaking the first 3 commandments. I wouldn't point this out... but you bind yourself to the Law and thus... you concern ,e to your fate.

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.​

Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!​

All mercy prayed for you and those like you.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Do you get the feeling you're surrounded by a howling pack of demons? Keep your sword and shield handy.

Indeed! I think scripture will matter... but in the end... it is dashed and twisted. I would lay my life down for a demon, but truly... there are those here that the shield must by clung to in discussion. Their words seem to bear the marks of darkness and a dread for the Light.

May the sword and shield overcome the darts and firery arrows!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Your still confused my friend. There is no Trinity.

Sent from my VS835 using TOL mobile app

It doesn't matter what you name it Keypurr...

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are spelled out in scripture so plainly that it is irrefutable, but by deception of the illest kind. Hear Oh Israel... the Lord is One!

Why does it bring you comfort to believe that God is too cowardly to face Satan/Death... Himself?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How about it? Two scriptures at a time that prove who He is? Is not crowd... you are welcome to play.

The rules... 2 quoted scriptures at a time. They must be fully quoted so those that require the scripture written out may participate. Only two scriptures permitted for support or rebuttal at a time.
Shalom.

I do not have two scriptures in support of this statement as it is incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

Hi Jacob...

You believe that Jesus is the source of your salvation. This is good for me. I do not desire to take up this matter with you, unless you are curious.

I will ask you one question and if you answer... we'll go from there...

Did God show His presence to Moses at the Tabrinacle of Meeting that was pitched outside the camp of Israel?

daqq

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

Do you mean the statement made in the thread title?
True, there is not even one scripture that says, "Jesus is YHWH".

And it has already been proven herein that YHWH is the heavenly Father. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
REV 3

12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name.

Isaiah 62:2
The nations will see your righteousness, And all kings your glory; And you will be called by a new name Which the mouth of the LORD will designate.

You are an enigma 1m1s... I imagine that I perceive your perspective here... would this be a very core scripture for you?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Daqq,

You, as Keypurr have sworn upon your souls to fear belief that Jesus is God, or that God would marry to our flesh, out of Love and the foundation of our atonement...

Why do you limit God and choose to exalt the Law of Moses as your God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi Jacob...

You believe that Jesus is the source of your salvation. This is good for me. I do not desire to take up this matter with you, unless you are curious.

I will ask you one question and if you answer... we'll go from there...

Did God show His presence to Moses at the Tabrinacle of Meeting that was pitched outside the camp of Israel?
My salvation comes from God. YHVH, Yahveh.

I do not know the answer to your question.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

God's name is YHVH, Yahveh.

To answer your question, yes.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Indeed! I think scripture will matter... but in the end... it is dashed and twisted. I would lay my life down for a demon, but truly... there are those here that the shield must by clung to in discussion. Their words seem to bear the marks of darkness and a dread for the Light.

May the sword and shield overcome the darts and firery arrows!

The armour of God or the fiery darts of the enemy.... :think:

No contest!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
My salvation comes from God. YHVH, Yahveh.

I do not know the answer to your question.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob... if you don't understand that God met with Moses outside the camp of Israel at the tent of meeting.. you need to start a study there.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob... if you don't understand that God met with Moses outside the camp of Israel at the tent of meeting.. you need to start a study there.
Shalom.

I read, study, and observe Torah. I just do not know how to answer your question.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Daqq,

You, as Keypurr have sworn upon your souls to fear belief that Jesus is God, or that God would marry to our flesh, out of Love and the foundation of our atonement...

Why do you limit God and choose to exalt the Law of Moses as your God?

Your fiery darts full of accusations will not work against my shield of Scripture:

Spoiler
YHWH (יהוה) is a Name – The Name:

Exodus 6:3
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Yitschak, and unto Yaakob, by way of El Shaddai, but My Name YHWH I did not make known to them.

Deuteronomy 32:3
3 For I will proclaim the Name of YHWH: Ascribe greatness unto our Elohim:

Context – The Name of the Father:

Deuteronomy 32:1-6
1 Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distill as the dew,
as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:
[Isa 45:8]
For I will proclaim the Name of YHWH: Ascribe greatness unto our Elohim:
4 The Rock,
[ha-Tsur] His work is perfect; for all His ways are judgment: an El of truth and without iniquity, Tzaddik-Just and Yasher-Upright is He.
5 They have corrupted against Him, they are not His sons; their blemish is of a perverse and crooked generation.
6 Do you thus requite YHWH, O foolish
and unwise people? is He not your Father who has purchased you? has He not made you, and established you?

YHWH Elohim Almighty is my heavenly Father. :)

Notice that Moshe mentions sons, when he says, "they are not His sons", and since he writes this one may know that something has changed; for indeed YHWH is now spoken of as a Father, having sons. This means that the so-called "marriage covenant" has already been nullified; for the children of Yisrael broke that covenant before Moshe had even descended from the mountain, when they made the golden calf, and that is why Moshe broke the first two stone tablets; for the covenant was immediately broken upon the making of a golden calf while Moshe was in the mount forty days and forty nights. The Prophet Yirmeyahu expounds on this:

Jeremiah 3:3-4
3 Therefore the showers have been withheld, and there has been no latter rain; yet you have had the forehead of an harlot, and you refused to be ashamed.
4 Would you not from that time cry unto Me, "Abiy, ("my Father"), you are the guide of my youth"?

Jeremiah 3:19
19 But I said, How shall I put you among the sons, and give you a pleasant land, a goodly heritage among the hosts of nations? and I said, You shall call Me, "Abiy", ("my Father"), and shall not turn away from Me.

So the Father YHWH plainly states in no uncertain terms that He desires for His people to call Him "Abiy", that is, "my Father", and anyone who refuses to do so cannot even be placed among His sons because the so-called "marriage covenant" was null and void from the moment the children of Yisrael made the golden calf and Moshe broke the first two tables of stone.

Context:

Jeremiah 3:1-5
1 It is said, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? moreover you have played the harlot with many lovers; howbeit, "Return again to Me", says YHWH.
2 Lift up your eyes unto the high places, and see where you have not been lien with: in the thoroughfares have you sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and you have polluted the land with your whoredoms and with your wickedness.
3 Therefore the showers have been withheld, and there has been no latter rain; yet you have had the forehead of an harlot, and you refused to be ashamed.
4 Would you not from that time cry unto Me, "Abiy, ("my Father"), you are the guide of my youth"?
5 Will He reserve His anger for ever? will He keep it to the end? Behold, you have spoken and done evil things whatsoever you could.

So the Father calls His people to return to Him; but it shall not be as a "marriage covenant", for that covenant was annulled the moment they made a golden calf. The only way to return to Him, according to the above passages and from Deut 32 in the previous post, is to confess and to call Him, "Abiy", which is, "my Father", and which is exactly what the Master does throughout the Gospel accounts, (which is particularly obvious in the prayer which fills up the entire chapter of John 17). Accordingly then, (according to the all scripture passages above), not even the Master Teacher himself could be placed among the sons of YHWH unless he was willing to call Him, "Abiy", "my Father", which is precisely what the Master did by all accounts.

And no doubt haNavi Yirmeyahu knows the writing of haNavi Yeshayahu who came before him, and they agree, for Yeshayahu references the same passage in the context of the following statement:

Isaiah 63:15-16
15 Look down from heaven,
[Deut 32:2] and behold from the habitation of your holiness and of your glory: where is your zeal and your strength, the sounding of your bowels and of your mercies toward me? are they restrained?
16 Doubtless you are our Father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Yisrael acknowledge us not: You, O YHWH, are our Father, our Redeemer;
[Deut 32:6] your Name is from everlasting.

Context:

Isaiah 63:15-19
15 Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of your holiness and of your glory: where is your zeal and your strength, the sounding of your bowels and of your mercies toward me? are they restrained?
16 Doubtless you are our Father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Yisrael acknowledge us not: You, O YHWH, are our Father, our Redeemer; your Name is from everlasting.
17 O YHWH, why have you made us to err from your ways and hardened our heart from reverencing you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of your inheritance.
18 The people of your holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down your sanctuary.
19 We are yours; You have not ruled over them: they are not called by Your Name
[Deut 32:5-6].

Hebrews 5:4-8
4 And no man takes this honor unto himself, but he that is called of Elohim, as was Ahron.
5 So also Messiah glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but He that said to him, "You are My Son, this day have I begotten you."
6 As He says also in another place, "You are a priest for ever after the order of Melki-Tzedek."
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears, unto Him that was able to save him from death; and was heard in that he reverentially-feared:
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered:

And where did the Master offer up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears, unto Him that was able to save him from death?

Mark 14:33-36
33 And he took with him Peter and Yaakob and Yohanan, and began to be greatly amazed, and sorely troubled.
34 And he said to them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: abide yourselves here and watch.
35 And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible the hour might pass away from him.
36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto You; remove this cup from me: howbeit not what I will, but what You will.
Hebrews 1:5
5 For unto which of the messengers said He at any time, "You are My Son; this day have I begotten you"?
Psa 2:7 And again, "I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son"? 2Sam 7:14

Psalm 2:7
7 I will declare the decree: YHWH has said unto me, You are My Son; this day have I begotten you.

2 Samuel 7:14 with context:

2 Samuel 7:10-16
10 Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Yisrael, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the sons of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime:
11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Yisrael, and have caused you to rest from all your enemies; YHWH also informs you that it is He that will make you an house.
12 And when your days be fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, which shall proceed out of your own bowels and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for My Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My Son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the sons of men:
15 But My mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Shaul, whom I put away before you.
16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you: your throne shall be established forever.

YHWH Elohim Almighty is my heavenly Father. :)

:sheep:

Since the author of Hebrews quotes 2 Sam 7:14a, and applies it to the Master, perhaps you might start by explaining how you can possibly imagine that YHWH would have chastened or disciplined Himself with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the sons of men if indeed YHWH Himself would have committed any iniquity?

2 Samuel 7:14 (Hebrews 1:5)
14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My Son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the sons of men:

keypurr

Keypurr,

You have vowed upon your soul to deny that Jesus is God. No scripture could sway you. Of this... I'm now certain.

You fear the Law of Moses and that you would be declaring a false God to recognize that the Son of Man named Jesus Ben Yoseph is the very Presence of the Living God, bound to humanity in the flesh for eternity.

You declare that there are two Gods and thus you are mocking Deuteronomy 6:4 and breaking the first 3 commandments. I wouldn't point this out... but you bind yourself to the Law and thus... you concern ,e to your fate.

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.​

Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!​

All mercy prayed for you and those like you.

Jesus Christ is the SON of God, not God.
There is only one true God, the Father.
To say otherwise is to break the Commandments of the most high. It is not I who make Jesus God. Jesus Christ is Lord, not God.

You have no idea as to my beliefs or your a liar.
Your just misinformed EE.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

It doesn't matter what you name it Keypurr...

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are spelled out in scripture so plainly that it is irrefutable, but by deception of the illest kind. Hear Oh Israel... the Lord is One!

Why does it bring you comfort to believe that God is too cowardly to face Satan/Death... Himself?
Where did I say that EE?
Your bearing false witness again.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app