JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

daqq

And still, CHrist is not being worshipped as 'God' here,....all bow down to the Father,....Christ is worshipped naturally because he is God's Messiah-Son, his representative, his anointed AGENT, His manifest image, the outshining of his glory in bodily form. Only the Father is worshipped 'proper', as True DEITY, the Original Infinite LORD of all lords, the God of gods. Pure Spirit.

We bow to the Father in Meshiah because Meshiah is the Word.

:)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Philippians 2:6-8 Unit-Arians CANNOT believe this scripture. It CLEARLY says He 'took on the form of' Himself. That is why Unit-arians don't have a complete bible. They CORRECT what they don't like, censoring God very God, to their own demise.

:nono: I care what God says, not what bible cutters, snippers, and correctors think. They HATE God's words, can't make a lick of sense of HIS words.... :nono: .... messing them up and disbelieving them to their eternal shame. :(

Revealing your true heart now Lon.

You say non RCC Trinitarians are damned to hell.

You can not even read the truth without twisting it.

Shame on you.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And still, CHrist is not being worshipped as 'God' here,....all bow down to the Father,....Christ is worshipped naturally because he is God's Messiah-Son, his representative, his anointed AGENT, His manifest image, the outshining of his glory in bodily form. Only the Father is worshipped 'proper', as True DEITY, the Original Infinite LORD of all lords, the God of gods. Pure Spirit.

Jesus speaking--

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Revealing your true heart now Lon.

You say non RCC Trinitarians are damned to hell.

You can not even read the truth without twisting it.

Shame on you.

LA

What hurts them more is that Jesus was a true Unitarian :)

The Greatest Commandment

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”

32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Mark 12:28-34 (NIV)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus speaking--

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Indeed,...Jesus refers us to Our Father-GOD, the Most High who alone is worthy of worship, the Almighty Supreme BEING. - it is always 'The Father', since the 'Father' is the Originator/Progenitor of all things and beings. Nothing precedes or supercedes the PRIMACY of the The Universal Father as Absolute DEITY. - no-thing or being. - All else is but the offspring, creation, extension or expression of this Infinite ONE.

marhig

Of course He is. He is submissive to the will of His Father.

"Not My will be done, but Yours"
So then the father is greater than he? Yes?

So then how are they equal, Jesus had been placed in that position by the father, he set him at his right hand and given him authority over all. So he is greater than the son?

marhig

Christ said he the Father is greater.

John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

If they were one and the same, then the Father would not be greater than the son. If Christ was also Yahwah the Father, then he would not have said the Father is greater.

Absolutely!

And Christ is also under subjection to God and the head of Christ is God!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought that you believed in the trinity?

I believe in the Father, the Son, the holy Spirit. However, I don't subscribe to the holy Spirit as being a person.

That concept is contrary to scripture.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe in the Father, the Son, the holy Spirit. However, I don't subscribe to the holy Spirit as being a person.

That concept is contrary to scripture.
So what do you think the Holy Spirit is, then?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Absolutely, and the Father was not available to anyone else during Jesus' human ministry.

John 7:39 makes this perfectly clear.

Ahem......

16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.

KingdomRose

Elohim is a generic term. God is a generic term.

The Father is a specific term. The Son is a specific term.

Like Father like Son is an axiom.

Kinds produce like kinds.

Jesus is God as God is God, but Jesus is a Son, not the Father.

"Like Father like Son" is an axiom but does it mean that the Son IS the Father? No. The Son is LIKE the Father, because he has watched the Father and learned how to act just like the Father does. (John 5:19) "God" is a generic term only if the definite articles for Hebrew and Greek are not applied. If they are, it always refers to THE ONLY TRUE GOD, whom Jesus declared was the FATHER ALONE. (John 17:3)

KingdomRose

What about 45:23, where God says "every knee will bow to me"? Paul says that was referring to Jesus. In other words, when you bow before Jesus you are bowing before the one who spoke Isaiah 45:23

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Hey, Simple guy.....Why do you refer to those two scriptures to show Jesus is YHWH when there are SO MANY MORE THAT SHOW THAT HE COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE? Obviously there is an acceptable explanation concerning Isaiah 45:23 and Philippians 2:10,11. The key, I would say, is the final phrase of those verses in Philippians:

"So that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow,...and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER."

Where in Philippians does it say that every knee will bow to JESUS? It says, "At the name of Jesus every knee will bow," and to what end?? "To the glory of God the Father." So the Father is saying that every knee will bow to HIM, in Isaiah, and he says the same thing in Philippians, only using the name of Jesus as a trigger to start the ball rolling in the right direction. So Paul did NOT say that the bowing was referring to Jesus as the recipient.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
:e4e:
My statement that faith in the infinite 'God' is essential HOLDS :)
I disagree, but I believe it could just be in the delivery. :)
- I've never rejected the resurrection
Freelight I did not know this. You believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day? If so, we are siblings. :)
, and yes...of course thats a significant teaching in the NT, by certain NT writers, mostly Paul.
And since Paul is an Apostle of the Lord Jesus, I naturally have zero difficulty in seeing his teachings as the teachings of the Lord Himself. :) But regardless, the Resurrection is mentioned in almost every book of the New Testament, even those penned by non-Apostles.
Still, faith in 'God' is the essential. While the resurrection has its place and meaning,...its relative, depending on context and importance.
My objection is that one could hold to what you put forth as essential, and not believe in the Resurrection, and that's not Christian faith. But to believe in the Resurrection does naturally lead to, for almost everybody, also in "the infinite God" as a logical prerequisite. :idunno: :)
For all that Paul claimed about Christ dying and being raised the 3rd day "according to the scriptures"...there is little if NOTHING in the OT about this event. Just something to nibble on.
But again, my faith in the Resurrection supports my belief in the Lord Jesus and in His Apostles to teach the indisputable truth, so if just one Apostle teaches something in Scripture, then it stands that all of them taught and believed the same thing.

KingdomRose

Philippians 2:6-8 Unit-Arians CANNOT believe this scripture. It CLEARLY says He 'took on the form of' Himself. That is why Unit-arians don't have a complete bible. They CORRECT what they don't like, censoring God very God, to their own demise.

:nono: I care what God says, not what bible cutters, snippers, and correctors think. They HATE God's words, can't make a lick of sense of HIS words.... :nono: .... messing them up and disbelieving them to their eternal shame. :(

Oh give up, Lon. It looks as though your blindness will not be corrected any time soon, and those of us who already see are surely not going to be influenced by your distorted thinking. Tell me, where does it say that Jesus "took on the form of himself"? What version are YOU using? That doesn't even make sense. If he was in the form of something, how can he TAKE ON that form that he ALREADY had? The main one here that I can see who is "messing up and disbelieving" God's words to their eternal shame is you.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Oh give up, Lon. It looks as though your blindness will not be corrected any time soon, and those of us who already see are surely not going to be influenced by your distorted thinking. Tell me, where does it say that Jesus "took on the form of himself"? What version are YOU using? That doesn't even make sense. If he was in the form of something, how can he TAKE ON that form that he ALREADY had? The main one here that I can see who is "messing up and disbelieving" God's words to their eternal shame is you.
You're wrong.

But, you never answered me on a question I posed, so let me repeat: Do you believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day?

Status
Not open for further replies.