JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

:doh: paraphrases. Do you ever read anything beside your own verbose shallow musings?
I covered all of this and you honestly didn't read for content. Worse, your posts to us nearly always contain something blasphemous about our God that is offensive and rejected, all from your make-believe blasphemous moon-beam mind.

John 1:2 calls Logos "He" :dizzy: You are remiss in allowing the God of the universe dictate to you. You trying to dictate to God is judgement seat material. You will stand there and give an account for doing this awful thing.

John 1:3

(Bishops) All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made.

(Geneva) All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.

daqq

It is very simple, the Anointed one says that he himself is not the Logos:

John 12:48 W/H
48 ο αθετων εμε και μη λαμβανων τα ρηματα μου εχει τον κρινοντα αυτον ο λογος ον ελαλησα εκεινος κρινει αυτον εν τη εσχατη ημερα
48 The one rejecting me, and not receiving my words, has one who judges him: the Logos which I have spoken, that one shall judge him in the last day.

The Father judges no one, (John 5:22)
The Anointed one judges no one, (John 8:15, 12:47)
The Logos-Word is the Son: the Seeker and the Judge, (John 5:22, 8:50, 12:48).
No one has seen or beheld Elohim at any time, (John 1:18a, 1John 4:12a).

keypurr

Thought for the day

If a single cell (A) subdivides is the second cell (B) a creation?

A=YHWH
B=logos

One is the express image of the original.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You ought 2 be kinder to a woman!

You ought 2 be kinder to a woman!

"Oh no, everybody. FL PJ who doesn't know a lick of Greek is going to tell us what she Googled on the internet!!"
Run for the hills! Who can possibly stand up to her???

Your continual ad hominem, belittling and bullying on this forum speaks for itself.

But this takes the cake. Let's see....I've been here since 2003....and Lon thinks I'm a she. Omg,.....freelight is a she-male lol. Just because I'm comfortable with my feminine and masculine sides, them being balanced and synergized,....that does not make me a female, but a well integrated individual ;)

I've been a male physically my whole life. Also check out my photo albums in profile,....or even look at my Facebook page and other websites found in my signature. This just goes to show that Lon speaks much from presumptions, presuppositions and much biased and mistaken assumptions.

My former commentary holds, as to what has any true religious or philosophical value concerning the 'logos' understood in its metaphysical and universal sense. How one particularizes it depends on his terms and context.

Finally, you have no idea of my religious or philosophical knowledge, but sure flounder yourself to utmost efforts to berate and belittle others, why is that? Perhaps insecurity of your belief, afraid that it might not be all its cracked up to be after all? Hence the need to defend and bolster it? It is but a belief, that is all. You cannot prove Jesus is YHWH, but can only assume, postulate and hold that 'conceptually'. You cannot prove a Trinity exists either, but take that as a relational concept. That's fine,....just as one recognizes these are but perspectives, points of view, beliefs, opinions, etc.

Since that is all these are, I still see no advantage over assuming a traditional-orthodox Trinitarian view over a biblical Unitarian one. There are also diverse views within these schools which may be merely cosmetic, without affecting the quality of one's faith in Deity.

Faith in the one infinite Creator is what is essential, and this Deity is Spirit...who is unbegotten, incorporeal, timeless, immortal. This is the only True Deity, all other beings or souls are begotten....being His offspring.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only two questions matter (with answers from a Scriptural perspective)
1. Does the Bible say there is one God? Yes, over and over (ad nauseum). He caused the Jews to militantly believe in one divine personality, then reinforced it in Isaiah over and over, and over..., and over - "there is no God with me, before me, beside me, like me, I made the world alone and by myself". So a resounding YES. God says there's only one
2. Does the Bible say that Jesus is God? Again, a resounding YES. His name is called The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father. He is called the Almighty in Revelation. He received worship as God, he alone is seen sitting on the throne of God. Over and over and over..., and over!
Summary: God is an invisible Spirit, who in antiquity revealed Himself by speaking (His Word). His Word was the projection of His will, His power, His nature into our tangible realm. In Christ, that Word (the revelation of Himself) became visible flesh. The Word was simply the visible revelation of this one God. How can you separate that one God from the revelation of Himself? No, the Word was God!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jesus is fully a man, made in the image of God.

One must come to know the Man to be in the first resurrection.

1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

LA

CherubRam

:nono: Both endings are nouns in Greek. One or the other ending simply tells you which is first and which is the other object. In this sentence, there is no action verb, just one of existing "was." That's why "God was the Word" is translated "The Word was God." "was" ["ην"] is an =

"Lon was that guy." "That guy was Lon." "Lon=that guy" "That guy=Lon" -

God was the Word The Word was God God=the Word The Word=God

There is no way to overcomplicate like Unit-Arians 'try' to do. There really isn't. It is all as clear as this.

It doesn't matter: "ton" ["τον"] is either 'The" or you wouldn't put it in. "THE" God. We know we are talking about "THE ONLY" God, so "THE" is redundant. "The" becomes just "God."

The Greek word "TON" is translated 1583 times as "the;" And 18 times as "the -one." It is used before nouns to mean a {certain-one-person-s,} or place, or thing. (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one and only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Faith in the one infinite Creator is what is essential
I disagree respectfully Freelight. The way in which the whole New Testament, in almost every book, talks about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, makes it clear to me that it is faith in His resurrection that is essential. :)

Lon

John 1:3

(Bishops) All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made.

(Geneva) All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.
1) I cannot help Bishops, Geneva, both made a long time ago, neither of them right
2) They are both right in that verse 3 is genitive BUT
3) I was talking about verse 2. :plain: Yep, you guessed: "He"
4) While genitive can mean "it" such isn't done by necessity and so both the Bishops and Geneva are wrong, simply because they translated the genitive as 'it' without exception. Verse two is "He" so they made a mistake. End of lesson.

Lon

Your continual ad hominem, belittling and bullying on this forum speaks for itself.
Now that you I know you are a girl? Yeah, I'm sure it does. Girls are like that in many cases, rather touchy. I'm speaking of life, you are speaking in ignorance.
But this takes the cake. Let's see....I've been here since 2003....and Lon thinks I'm a she. Omg,.....freelight is a she-male lol. Just because I'm comfortable with my feminine and masculine sides, them being balanced and synergized,....that does not make me a female, but a well integrated individual ;)
Creepy of you to call Truster, "Dear" then.

I've been a male physically my whole life. Also check out my photo albums in profile,....or even look at my Facebook page and other websites found in my signature. This just goes to show that Lon speaks much from presumptions, presuppositions and much biased and mistaken assumptions.
No thanks. Calling a guy "Dear" is creepy.

My former commentary holds, as to what has any true religious or philosophical value concerning the 'logos' understood in its metaphysical and universal sense. How one particularizes it depends on his terms and context.
You have an over-inflated opinion of yourself. This is just narcissism expressing itself, again. You actually think what you say stands :chuckle:

Finally, you have no idea of my religious or philosophical knowledge, but sure flounder yourself to utmost efforts to berate and belittle others, why is that? Perhaps insecurity of your belief, afraid that it might not be all its cracked up to be after all? Hence the need to defend and bolster it? It is but a belief, that is all. You cannot prove Jesus is YHWH, but can only assume, postulate and hold that 'conceptually'. You cannot prove a Trinity exists either, but take that as a relational concept. That's fine,....just as one recognizes these are but perspectives, points of view, beliefs, opinions, etc.
Yeah I do. "Flounder?" Is that what you think? I'm absolutely more able than you. Never has been in question. Bragging? No. You just use a lot of words to ever say next to nothing. You are a blow-hard and always have been. You are in nobody's league. Caino either. The U-rant-a thread has left you two moon-beams ostracized and plain goofy. I don't purport idiocy nor embrace it. You are on record, on a "Christian" website, as calling the sacred scriptures mundane along with your buddy Caino.

Since that is all these are, I still see no advantage over assuming a traditional-orthodox Trinitarian view over a biblical Unitarian one. There are also diverse views within these schools which may be merely cosmetic, without affecting the quality of one's faith in Deity.
You never have. No surprise there. What might surprise you is you are not that intelligent. Something has ruined your critical reasoning skills.

Faith in the one infinite Creator is what is essential, and this Deity is Spirit...who is unbegotten, incorporeal, timeless, immortal. This is the only True Deity, all other beings or souls are begotten....being His offspring.
You can worship whomever you like. Your deity is not true at all. "It" doesn't exist. Isaiah, the book you also reject and call mundane and spurn as a war-God, says He is the Only One. None beside Him. You MUST worship Him, or you worship nothing but your own imagination (which you do). That's the narcissistic part: Your God is created in 'YOUR' own image! :dizzy:

Lon

The Greek word "TON" is translated 1583 times as "the;" And 18 times as "the -one." It is used before nouns to mean a {certain-one-person-s,} or place, or thing. (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one and only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek)

:nono: It is simply the difference between case endings as is common to a number of foreign languages.

SimpleMan77

Jesus is fully a man, made in the image of God.

One must come to know the Man to be in the first resurrection.

1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

LA

1 Cor 15 says Jesus will cease to reign
Revelation 11:15 says He'll reign for ever & ever.
You can't make a doctrine on one verse only. Just because there are verses that refer to His humanity, you can't throw away the verses that refer to Him being the Almighty. You take them all. He was God. He was man

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We are all made in the image and likeness of God.

"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them." (Genesis 1:27)

Yes, however Jesus is the express image of God of the resurrection.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Cor 15 says Jesus will cease to reign
Revelation 11:15 says He'll reign for ever & ever.
You can't make a doctrine on one verse only. Just because there are verses that refer to His humanity, you can't throw away the verses that refer to Him being the Almighty. You take them all. He was God. He was man

One Hundred Scriptural Arguments for the Unitarian Faith

Unitarian Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and the Saviour of men. They believe in the divinity of his mission and in the divinity of his doctrines. They believe that the Gospel which he proclaimed came from God; that the knowledge it imparts, the morality it enjoins, the spirit it breathes, the acceptance it provides, the promises it makes, the prospects it exhibits, the rewards it proposes, the punishments it threatens, all proceed from the Great Jehovah. But they do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Supreme God. They believe that, though exalted far above all other created intelligences, he is a being distinct from, inferior to, and dependent upon, the Father Almighty. For this belief they urge, among other reasons, the following arguments from the Scriptures.

1. Because Jesus Christ is represented by the sacred writers to be as distinct a being from God the Father as one man is distinct from another. “It is written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one who bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me,” John 8:17, 18.

2. Because he not only never said that himself was God, but, on the contrary, spoke of the Father, who sent him, as God, and as the only God. “This is life eternal, that they might know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent,” John 17:3. This language our Saviour used in solemn prayer to “his Father and our Father.”

3. Because he is declared, in unnumbered instances, to be the Son of God. “And lo, a voice from heaven, saying, this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased,” Matt. 3:17. Can a son be coeval and the same with his father?

4. Because he is styled the Christ, or the anointed of God. “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power,” Acts 10:38. Is he who anoints the same with him who is anointed?

5. Because he is represented as a Priest. “Consider the ….High-Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus,” Heb. 3:1. The office of a priest is to minister to God. Christ, then, as a priest, cannot be God.

6. Because Christ is Mediator between the “One God,” and “men.” “For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,” 1 Tim. 2:5.

7. Because, as the Saviour of men, he was sent by the Father. “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14.

8. Because he is an Apostle appointed by God. “Consider the Apostle,…Christ Jesus, who was faithful to him that appointed him,” Heb. 3:1, 2.

9. Because Christ is represented as our intercessor with God. “It is Christ that died, yea, rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us,” Rom. 8:34.

10. Because the head of Christ is God. “I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of every woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God,” 1 Cor. 11:3.

11. Because, in the same sense in which we are said to belong to Christ, Christ is said to belong to God. “And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s,” 1 Cor. 3:23.

12. Because Christ says, “My father is greater than all,” John 10:29. Is not the father, then greater than the son?

13. Because he affirms, in another connection, and without the least qualification, “My Father is greater than I,” John 14:28

14. Because he virtually denies that he is God, when he exclaims, “Why callest thou me Good? There is none good but one, that is God,” Matt. 19:17.

15. Because our Saviour, after having said, “I and my Father are one,” gives his disciples distinctly to understand that he did not mean one substance, equal in power and glory, but one only in affection and design, &c; as clearly appears from the prayer he offers to his Father in their behalf, –“that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us,” John 17:21

16. Because the Father is called the God of Christ as he is the God of Christians. “Jesus saith unto her, ….Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father; and to my God and your God,” John 20:17.

17. Because an Apostle says of God, in distinction from the “Lord Jesus Christ,” that He is the “only Potentate,” and that He “only hath immortality,” 1 Tim. 6:15, 16.

18. Because it is the express declaration of the same Apostle, that the Father is the one God, and there is none other. “Though there be that are called Gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) yet to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things,” 1 Cor. 8:5, 6.

19. Because the power which Christ possessed was, as he affirmed, given to him. “All power is given unto me,” &c., Matt. 28:18.

20. Because he positively denies himself to be the author of his miraculous works, but refers them to the Father, or the holy spirit of God. “The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works,” John 14:10. “If I cast out devils by the spirit of God,” &c., Matt. 12:28.

21. Because he distinctly states, that these works bear witness, not to his own power, but that the Father had sent him, John 5:36.

22. Because he expressly affirms that the works were done, not in his own, but in his Father’s name, John 10:25.

Read on--

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/100-scriptural-arguments-for-the-unitarian-faith

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that you I know you are a girl? Yeah, I'm sure it does. Girls are like that in many cases, rather touchy. I'm speaking of life, you are speaking in ignorance.

Creepy of you to call Truster, "Dear" then.

No thanks. Calling a guy "Dear" is creepy.

You have an over-inflated opinion of yourself. This is just narcissism expressing itself, again. You actually think what you say stands :chuckle:

Yeah I do. "Flounder?" Is that what you think? I'm absolutely more able than you. Never has been in question. Bragging? No. You just use a lot of words to ever say next to nothing. You are a blow-hard and always have been. You are in nobody's league. Caino either. The U-rant-a thread has left you two moon-beams ostracized and plain goofy. I don't purport idiocy nor embrace it. You are on record, on a "Christian" website, as calling the sacred scriptures mundane along with your buddy Caino.

You never have. No surprise there. What might surprise you is you are not that intelligent. Something has ruined your critical reasoning skills.

You can worship whomever you like. Your deity is not true at all. "It" doesn't exist. Isaiah, the book you also reject and call mundane and spurn as a war-God, says He is the Only One. None beside Him. You MUST worship Him, or you worship nothing but your own imagination (which you do). That's the narcissistic part: Your God is created in 'YOUR' own image! :dizzy:

Do not complain again when I say you are full of yourself and a hypocrite, will you.

LA

SimpleMan77

Yes, however Jesus is the express image of God of the resurrection.

LA

Jesus is the express image of God's person. Period.
If I send you a photo of myself, it is the image of the person (me), but I am the person of the image. Jesus is the Almighty God who chose to become a man.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One Hundred Scriptural Arguments for the Unitarian Faith

Unitarian Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God and the Saviour of men. They believe in the divinity of his mission and in the divinity of his doctrines. They believe that the Gospel which he proclaimed came from God; that the knowledge it imparts, the morality it enjoins, the spirit it breathes, the acceptance it provides, the promises it makes, the prospects it exhibits, the rewards it proposes, the punishments it threatens, all proceed from the Great Jehovah. But they do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Supreme God. They believe that, though exalted far above all other created intelligences, he is a being distinct from, inferior to, and dependent upon, the Father Almighty. For this belief they urge, among other reasons, the following arguments from the Scriptures.

1. Because Jesus Christ is represented by the sacred writers to be as distinct a being from God the Father as one man is distinct from another. “It is written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one who bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me,” John 8:17, 18.

2. Because he not only never said that himself was God, but, on the contrary, spoke of the Father, who sent him, as God, and as the only God. “This is life eternal, that they might know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent,” John 17:3. This language our Saviour used in solemn prayer to “his Father and our Father.”

3. Because he is declared, in unnumbered instances, to be the Son of God. “And lo, a voice from heaven, saying, this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased,” Matt. 3:17. Can a son be coeval and the same with his father?

4. Because he is styled the Christ, or the anointed of God. “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power,” Acts 10:38. Is he who anoints the same with him who is anointed?

5. Because he is represented as a Priest. “Consider the ….High-Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus,” Heb. 3:1. The office of a priest is to minister to God. Christ, then, as a priest, cannot be God.

6. Because Christ is Mediator between the “One God,” and “men.” “For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,” 1 Tim. 2:5.

7. Because, as the Saviour of men, he was sent by the Father. “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14.

8. Because he is an Apostle appointed by God. “Consider the Apostle,…Christ Jesus, who was faithful to him that appointed him,” Heb. 3:1, 2.

9. Because Christ is represented as our intercessor with God. “It is Christ that died, yea, rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us,” Rom. 8:34.

10. Because the head of Christ is God. “I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of every woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God,” 1 Cor. 11:3.

11. Because, in the same sense in which we are said to belong to Christ, Christ is said to belong to God. “And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s,” 1 Cor. 3:23.

12. Because Christ says, “My father is greater than all,” John 10:29. Is not the father, then greater than the son?

13. Because he affirms, in another connection, and without the least qualification, “My Father is greater than I,” John 14:28

14. Because he virtually denies that he is God, when he exclaims, “Why callest thou me Good? There is none good but one, that is God,” Matt. 19:17.

15. Because our Saviour, after having said, “I and my Father are one,” gives his disciples distinctly to understand that he did not mean one substance, equal in power and glory, but one only in affection and design, &c; as clearly appears from the prayer he offers to his Father in their behalf, –“that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us,” John 17:21

16. Because the Father is called the God of Christ as he is the God of Christians. “Jesus saith unto her, ….Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father; and to my God and your God,” John 20:17.

17. Because an Apostle says of God, in distinction from the “Lord Jesus Christ,” that He is the “only Potentate,” and that He “only hath immortality,” 1 Tim. 6:15, 16.

18. Because it is the express declaration of the same Apostle, that the Father is the one God, and there is none other. “Though there be that are called Gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) yet to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things,” 1 Cor. 8:5, 6.

19. Because the power which Christ possessed was, as he affirmed, given to him. “All power is given unto me,” &c., Matt. 28:18.

20. Because he positively denies himself to be the author of his miraculous works, but refers them to the Father, or the holy spirit of God. “The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works,” John 14:10. “If I cast out devils by the spirit of God,” &c., Matt. 12:28.

21. Because he distinctly states, that these works bear witness, not to his own power, but that the Father had sent him, John 5:36.

22. Because he expressly affirms that the works were done, not in his own, but in his Father’s name, John 10:25.

Read on--

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/100-scriptural-arguments-for-the-unitarian-faith

Jesus is the express image of God's person. Period.
If I send you a photo of myself, it is the image of the person (me), but I am the person of the image. Jesus is the Almighty God who chose to become a man.

You need to be true to the Word.

LA

Lon

Do not complain again when I say you are full of yourself and a hypocrite, will you.

LA

First, you don't generally complain. It is one of the reasons you aren't on my iggy list.
Second, you aren't FL's friend in this or a couple of other threads lately either so I'm surprised a bit
on which side you came down on this.

Third. As far as full of myself, I agree. I'm always trying for true humility, not too overt in arrogance however not false humility either.

Fourth and final: I am rarely a hypocrite. I work at consistency in my character as well as seek to contribute to threads with substance and meaning.

At times I've notice that some mean by 'hypocrisy' that they really mean something else such as irony, or familiarity.
Yesterday, I was accused of it, incorrectly. The differences were much greater than his cursory assessment. There were reasons for the first that didn't apply to the latter, thus no hypocrisy at all. "Similar" is not the "same." -Lon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
First, you don't generally complain. It is one of the reasons you aren't on my iggy list.
Second, you aren't FL's friend in this or a couple of other threads lately either so I'm surprised a bit
on which side you came down on this.

It should show you that I do not take sides as you do.(for and against men)

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.