Jesus is God.

God's Truth

He teaches us to pray to the father. Who is our God. He never once told us to pray to him
We are told TO CALL UPON JESUS. The phrase, "to call upon the name of the Lord" is a phrase used to designate prayer.

Acts 7:55-60 - "But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56 and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears, and they rushed upon him with one impulse. 58 And when they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him, and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they went on stoning Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60 And falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" And having said this, he fell asleep."

Ecclesiastes 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Did you read that? Stephen CALLED UPON THE LORD---AND told JESUS to receive his spirit. JESUS IS GOD, for our spirit returns TO GOD.

Rom. 10:13-14 - "for 'whoever will call upon the name of the Lord' will be saved." 14 How then shall they call upon Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him whom they have not heard?"

The phrase "Call upon the name of the Lord" is a quote from Joel 2:32.

Joel 2:32 - "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."

LORD here is YHWH, the name of God as revealed in Exodus 3:14. Therefore, this quote, dealing with God Himself is attributed to Jesus.

marhig

What? Jesus forgave people.

Matthew 9:6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”
Matthew 26:28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Mark 2:7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Luke 5:20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.

Yes he did, but I'm talking about forgiving sins done against him, he's asking God to forgive those who have sinned against him because they know not what they do.

Why did he do this? Why not say, I'm God and I forgive you?

No he went to his God as asked him to forgive them, because even through he forgiven them, he wanted God to do so too.

marhig

We are told TO CALL UPON JESUS. The phrase, "to call upon the name of the Lord" is a phrase used to designate prayer.

Acts 7:55-60 - "But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56 and he said, 57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears, and they rushed upon him with one impulse. 58 And when they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him, and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they went on stoning Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60 And falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" And having said this, he fell asleep."

Ecclesiastes 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Did you read that? Stephen CALLED UPON THE LORD---AND told JESUS to receive his spirit. JESUS IS GOD, for our spirit returns TO GOD.

Rom. 10:13-14 - "for 'whoever will call upon the name of the Lord' will be saved." 14 How then shall they call upon Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him whom they have not heard?"

The phrase "Call upon the name of the Lord" is a quote from Joel 2:32.

Joel 2:32 - "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."

LORD here is YHWH, the name of God as revealed in Exodus 3:14. Therefore, this quote, dealing with God Himself is attributed to Jesus.

Yes you got that right,

Quote:" he called upon the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God" making Jesus not God but his son!

And as you rightly said Stephen said

"Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

So that's another one for my list, showing that Stephen saw God and Jesus at the right hand of God!

Calling upon the lord Jesus and praying to God aren't the same. Christ Jesus is our mediator, God is our God. Jesus told us to pray to the father. And I pray the father who is my God. And I pray through our lord Jesus Christ who is our mediator and the Christ the son of the living God. As it says to do in the Bible. Jesus never ever said pray to me!

Is that the only verse you could bring up? Of all that have I written, where I've shown you that in the Bible it's clearly showing that there is only one God and that God is the God of Jesus also?

And believing in Jesus, and believing that he is God are two different things completely

I believe in Jesus, I believe that he is the Christ the son of the living God, but I don't believe that he is God.

There is only one God, not two in one, not three in one, just one, God Almighty, God the father who is also the God of Jesus Christ!

John 20:17 Jesus said.

go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

If Jesus calls God his God, then that's good enough for me!

God's Truth

He said his words are not his own but the father that sent him
Jesus ONLY spoke what the Father says.
Think about that for a while. What human can only speak what their father says?
He said he and the father are one, but he also said that we are one with them when we belong to him, and we're not God, nor is he.
Jesus puts us in the Father---we do not put people in the Father. You are trying to make Jesus just a person such as yourself.
He never once referred to himself as God the son, nor did his apostles.

There's no mention of the trinity in the Bible
The trinity doctrine is false---BUT THERE ARE THREE.

It says in the Bible that God raised Christ from the dead
The Bible does SAY GOD RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD!
The Bible ALSO SAYS JESUS RAISED HIMSELF.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus said that without God he could do nothing

He said why do you call me good, there's none good but God. Making himself not God.
Jesus was revealing that he was God. You are saying Jesus was not good!
He prayed and asked God to let this cup pass from him, why did he do that if he God?
Because He came as a Man and it is a big ordeal to suffer and die.

He called his deciples his brethren. Because God is the father of all of them including Jesus, making him above him.
Jesus says those who overcome he will be their GOD and they will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

THAT IS JESUS SPEAKING SAYING HE WILL BE OUR GOD and we will be his CHILDREN.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

God's Truth

Yes you got that right,

Quote:" he called upon the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God" making Jesus not God but his son!

And as you rightly said Stephen said

"Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

So that's another one for my list, showing that Stephen saw God and Jesus at the right hand of God!

Calling upon the lord Jesus and praying to God aren't the same. Christ Jesus is our mediator, God is our God. Jesus told us to pray to the father. And I pray the father who is my God. And I pray through our lord Jesus Christ who is our mediator and the Christ the son of the living God. As it says to do in the Bible. Jesus never ever said pray to me!

Is that the only verse you could bring up? Of all that have I written, where I've shown you that in the Bible it's clearly showing that there is only one God and that God is the God of Jesus also?

And believing in Jesus, and believing that he is God are two different things completely

I believe in Jesus, I believe that he is the Christ the son of the living God, but I don't believe that he is God.

There is only one God, not two in one, not three in one, just one, God Almighty, God the father who is also the God of Jesus Christ!

John 20:17 Jesus said.

go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

If Jesus calls God his God, then that's good enough for me!

Your denial means nothing.

I gave you MANY scriptures where GOD THE FATHER AND JESUS CHRIST ARE USED INTERCHANGEABLE; and I can give you many more.

Aner

Jesus Christ is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

You say you believe God is One---do you know who the Holy Spirit is? How many now?

You have no understanding and in your no understanding you blasphemy.

Huh?!?

Jn17:3 makes it clear that Jesus is NOT the Father. Simple reading is all that it takes. But just in case - lets try "...not MY will be done but THY will..."

Who is the "MY" and who is the "THY"?

God's Truth

Yes he did, but I'm talking about forgiving sins done against him, he's asking God to forgive those who have sinned against him because they know not what they do.

Why did he do this? Why not say, I'm God and I forgive you?

No he went to his God as asked him to forgive them, because even through he forgiven them, he wanted God to do so too.

Are you kidding? Jesus said that to show us WHAT WE HAVE TO DO, for WE will NOT be forgiven if WE do not forgive.

Do you really think that those people Jesus asked God to forgive are forgiven if they too do not forgive others?

You are badly mistaken for missing that truth.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

You have not been taught by God, you have been taught here and there by false teachers whom you have chosen to believe, those who have tickled your ears.

marhig

Jesus ONLY spoke what the Father says.

Jesus puts us in the Father---we do not put people in the Father. You are trying to make Jesus just a person such as yourself.

The trinity doctrine is false---BUT THERE ARE THREE.

The Bible does SAY GOD RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD!
The Bible ALSO SAYS JESUS RAISED HIMSELF.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus was revealing that he was God. You are saying Jesus was not good!

Because He came as a Man and it is a big ordeal to suffer and die.

Jesus says those who overcome he will be their GOD and they will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

QUOTE: Jesus ONLY spoke what the Father says.

We do, if we have the spirit of God in our hearts

Matthew 10

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

The more we lay down our life and do the will God, the stronger we become in the spirit and the more God gives us to speak. Jesus didn't do his will but Gods, and God gave him everything, the complete fullness of his spirit.

There are three yes, but it says that they are one we are one with them when we belong to Christ.

Jesus laying down his life is exactly the same as him saying about us laying down our lives. He never lived for his own will only Gods

And yes he did say that about the temple, but it clearly says in the Bible that God raised Jesus and that God can quicken our spirits too.

I don't agree with you, I see one God and he is God, and Jesus Christ his son. As it says in the Bible

There is only one God!

God's Truth

Elias (the other member) says God is one; and that is right God is one. There are THREE and the THREE are all the same God as the Father.

In the Old Testament, the only Testament that Elias believes in, it speaks about God the Father---AND IT ALSO SPEAKS ABOUT THE Holy Spirit. Now tell me how many is that? Answer the question. I answered your "Huh?!?" Now answer my question.

Jn17:3 makes it clear that Jesus is NOT the Father. Simple reading is all that it takes. But just in case - lets try "...not MY will be done but THY will..."

Who is the "MY" and who is the "THY"?

They are both God the Father.

Tell me this, if you see Jesus, can you say, "I see the Father"? Answer yes or no.

marhig

Are you kidding? Jesus said that to show us WHAT WE HAVE TO DO, for WE will NOT be forgiven if WE do not forgive.

Do you really think that those people Jesus asked God to forgive are forgiven if they too do not forgive others?

You are badly mistaken for missing that truth.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

You have not been taught by God, you have been taught here and there by false teachers whom you have chosen to believe, those who have tickled your ears.

Can't you even see what you're writing?

Jesus said that the father will not forgive your sins, not him. And this is because isn't God. Why didn't he just say "I won't forgive your sins" if he's God?

Because he's not God

I don't want to be like this with you, i believe differently to you, I believe Jesus and he said God is his God.

I'm badly mistaken? You can't her any clearer that Jesus calling the father his God! And the apostles saying "the God of our lord Jesus Christ"

I have to believe Jesus

What did Jesus mean by "I go to my god" ?

God's Truth

QUOTE: Jesus ONLY spoke what the Father says.

We do, if we have the spirit of God in our hearts
No, WE DO NOT only speak what God says. We say things that God does not say, such as did you take out the trash? Did the mail come? Get real. You are trying to make Jesus just an ordinary person such as yourself.
Matthew 10

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

There are three yes, but it says that they are one we are one with them when we belong to Christ.
WE ARE NOT JESUS, but we are to become like Jesus. Again, you are trying to make Jesus an ordinary person such as yourself.
Jesus laying down his life is exactly the same as him saying about us laying down our lives. He never lived for his own will only Gods
Our blood gets shed AND DOES NOTHING BUT MAKE A MESS.
Jesus’ blood is shed and washes away sins.
And yes he did say that about the temple, but it clearly says in the Bible that God raised Jesus and that God can quicken our spirits too.

I don't agree with you, I see one God and he is God, and Jesus Christ his son. As it says in the Bible

There is only one God!
I would like to keep proving you wrong because I love talking about God’s Truth.

God's Truth

Jesus said that the father will not forgive your sins, not him. And this is because isn't God. Why didn't he just say "I won't forgive your sins" if he's God?

Because he's not God
What?!!!!!! Jesus ONLY SAYS WHAT THE FATHER SAYS!

marhig

No, WE DO NOT only speak what God says. We say things that God does not say, such as did you take out the trash? Did the mail come? Get real. You are trying to make Jesus just an ordinary person such as yourself.

WE ARE NOT JESUS, but we are to become like Jesus. Again, you are trying to make Jesus an ordinary person such as yourself.

There is only one God!
I would like to keep proving you wrong because I love talking about God’s Truth.

The stronger we become in God, the stronger his word becomes in us. Jesus never lived to please himself, he did Gods will always, he was in his express image, the world had nothing in him, so he had the fullness of Gods spirit living through him, every word he spoke came from his father and his God!

We on the other hand are sinners and fleshly. And we have fleshly thoughts and minds. It is these that we have to fight and die to and stop sinning. And this is done through Christ and by the indwelling spirit of God. Without him, we have no hope.

The more we die to self, the more God lives in our hearts, as the more we become like Jesus.

Our blood does make a mess, and the blood of Jesus does wash away sins. But his blood must be in us. We are told to eat his flesh drink his blood in rememberance of him. If we do this, then his life is in us, and we are covered in his blood and God sees his son in us and through us. I take Jesus Christ into my heart always, I always think about him when I do things, to make sure that I'm living right. He was the brightest shining light, and he said that we are to take all of him in. If we take all of him in, his flesh and his blood, then we will be covered in his life, and the spirit of God will dwell in our hearts. And he will be our God, and we will be his people, being temples not made at the hand of man, but by the hand of the living God who puts our flesh to death daily, if we obey him and do his will.

marhig

You said that you would like to keep proving me wrong because you love talking about Gods truth, but you didn't answer the question I asked?

Why did Jesus call God his God? If God isn't his God?

God's Truth

There is only one God!

The stronger we become in God, the stronger his word becomes in us. Jesus never lived to please himself, he did Gods will always, he was in his express image, the world had nothing in him, so he had the fullness of Gods spirit living through him, every word he spoke came from his father and his God!

We on the other hand are sinners and fleshly. And we have fleshly thoughts and minds. It is these that we have to fight and die to and stop sinning. And this is done through Christ and by the indwelling spirit of God. Without him, we have no hope.

The more we die to self, the more God lives in our hearts, as the more we become like Jesus.

Our blood does make a mess, and the blood of Jesus does wash away sins. But his blood must be in us. We are told to eat his flesh drink his blood in rememberance of him. If we do this, then his life is in us, and we are covered in his blood and God sees his son in us and through us. I take Jesus Christ into my heart always, I always think about him when I do things, to make sure that I'm living right. He was the brightest shining light, and he said that we are to take all of him in. If we take all of him in, his flesh and his blood, then we will be covered in his life, and the spirit of God will dwell on our hearts. And he will be our God, and we will be his people, being temples not made at the hand of man, but by the hand of the living God who puts our flesh to death daily, of we obey him and do his will.

You are badly mistaken, for YOU CANNOT HAVE THE SPIRIT OF A MERE MAN INSIDE YOU besides your own spirit.

God's Truth

Yes I know???? That doesn't make him God?

You said

Because he's not God[END quote]

JESUS SAYS HE ONLY SAYS WHAT THE FATHER SAYS. You said he said something different than the Father.

marhig

You are badly mistaken, for YOU CANNOT HAVE THE SPIRIT OF A MERE MAN INSIDE YOU besides your own spirit.
When did I say you can? Taking in him is taking his life into our hearts and obeying the commandants brought from God and loving God with all our hearts, mind, soul and strength, and our neighbour as ourselves.

Eating his flesh and drinking his blood is spiritual. It wasn't his real flesh and blood that the apostles ate and drank, just like it's not his real flesh and blood that we drink. We are to take his life in and He will be our strength through the spirit of God

What do you think he meant by eat my flesh and drink my blood?

God's Truth

You said that you would like to keep proving me wrong because you love talking about Gods truth, but you didn't answer the question I asked?

Why did Jesus call God his God? If God isn't his God?

I have answered you many times. The answer again is, BECAUSE GOD THE FATHER CAME AS A MAN.

marhig

I have answered you many times. The answer again is, BECAUSE GOD THE FATHER CAME AS A MAN.

That doesn't explain why Jesus called God his God? And if Jesus is the father, why did he call God his father? Why pray to the father if he is the father?

And God the father came in a man by the spirit is God entering fully into the heart of Jesus. He isn't God but the only begotten son of God, who has never sinned.

He quoted Isaiah, and said the spirit of God is upon me.

At the end of speaking, Jesus said, today this scripture is fulfilled in your ears

So Jesus said that the spirit of God was upon him, and I believe him, he didn't say I am the spirit is God. But the spirit God is upon me!

Last edited: