Jesus is God !

EliG

BANNED
Banned
Can anyone answer: according to Jesus' words in John 20:17, who is the God of his brothers?

It is very simple to get it from his words, it is required only one level of reading comprehension.
Some will just be beating around the bush ... but not answer.

Anyone?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Boy it sure would be nice (for you) if John 20:17 and Revelation 3:12 were in direct conflict with the Trinity, but they aren't.

Meanwhile
Matthew 28
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

2nd Corinthians 13
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all.

1st Peter 2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
if John 20:17 and Revelation 3:12 were in direct conflict with the Trinity, but they aren't.
Thanks for your opinion, but nothing to do, cause I am not implying that. If any text is in direct conflict with any belief, it wouldn't mind to stubborn persons.

Anyway: why nobody answers my questions directly if they think those passages do not change a thing for them? It is very suspicious, at least.

Any answer?

Idolater

cause I am not implying that.
Then why are you here. The Trinity is the ancientest Christian tradition, substantiated by Apostolic witness and corroborated by many Scriptures.

If you're not here to attempt to disprove the Trinity then why are you here.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
I do not mind what tradition says. I mind what Jesus taught.

I won't continue talking about anything else but about the topic. I am using Jesus' words to explain my points.

Any answer?

Idolater

Nobody here disagrees with Jesus.
I won't continue talking about anything else but about the topic. I am using Jesus' words to explain my points.
By all means, what are your points?
Any answer?
I mean, if your points are not that the Trinity is false, then what are your points, and why are you here.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
My points until now are:

1) in heavens there is not Jesus-God (Rev. 3:12)

2) Jesus' brothers' God is not Jesus (John 20:17)

If anybody is willing to try and show me that Jesus' words in Rev. 3:12 and John 20:17 do not imply what I am saying, don't hesitate to go ahead and explain why not. Thanks.

Idolater

My points until now are:

If anybody is willing to try and show me that Jesus' words in Rev. 3:12 and John 20:17 do not imply what I am saying, don't hesitate to go ahead and explain why not. Thanks.
Then your points are that the Trinity is wrong. Which is what we all thought right from the start.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
¿Trinity?¿What is trinity but an idea? More than that: there are many diferent trinities. Which one are you referring to?

That idea is based on false statements. Two of them are the ones I am talking about:

if somebody is thinking on going to a heaven where Jesus is the Most High, he is imagining fantasies that do not exist (Rev. 3:12), and if they think Jesus will be happy that they are trying to make him equal to God, they can be more than sure: he doesn't like that idea, and that is why he taught a lot of things for his followers to get the truth about that, like in John 20:17.

I have to disconnect. I got other things to do. Thanks for your time.

Idolater

¿Trinity?¿What is trinity but an idea? More than that: there are many diferent trinities. Which one are you referring to?

That idea is based on false statements. Two of them are the ones I am talking about:

if somebody is thinking on going to a heaven where Jesus is the Most High, he is imagining fantasies that do not exist (Rev. 3:12), and if they think Jesus will be happy that they are trying to make him equal to God, they can be more than sure: he doesn't like that idea, and that is why he taught a lot of things for his followers to get the truth about that, like in John 20:17.

I have to disconnect. I got other things to do. Thanks for your time.
He is seated at the right hand of the Father.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus taught that He would raise Himself from the dead:

John 2:19-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (2:20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.
Acts 2:32 (AKJV/PCE)

(2:32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you for mentioning that biblical quote; Every time I read it, it reminds me of the message that Jesus sent to his brothers just a few verses before that one:

John 20:17Jesus said to her: “(...) I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

Do you think that Thomas has correctly understood that message? Do you correctly understand it?
Yes he understood and so do I. His misgivings completely removed Thomas arose to a mighty declaration of faith in response to Jesus challenge. My Lord and my God. He knew he was in the presence of deity.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
My points until now are:

Nothing yet about Rev. 3:12 and John 20:17?
I am very dissapointed. You spend so much time contradicting and provoking JWs, that you don't realize when you are contradicting Jesus instead. You are studying the wrong issues.
I am still busy and hoping there's something better next time, if there is any next time, I know how you function.

Idolater

Nothing yet about Rev. 3:12 and John 20:17?
I am very dissapointed. You spend so much time contradicting and provoking JWs, that you don't realize when you are contradicting Jesus instead. You are studying the wrong issues.
I am still busy and hoping there's something better next time, if there is any next time, I know how you function.
"Jehovah" says that you, are an idiot.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Well, you do not have a specific verse where we read an angel is not an elephant, do you?

Yes, we do. For instance, Luke 1:19 is such a verse:

And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

Since an elephant is something that does not speak, this verse, by telling us that an angel is something that speaks, tells us that an an angel is not an elephant.