Jesus is God !

Pneuma

Those in Christ will not die. My body will die, but that's not me.
A human tent can die. A spirit cannot.

Jesus died, but His Spirit did not.

Nope. Not the same. I said my body dies, but I don't.

So then if Jesus Christs body is not Him/Jesus/God, then Jesus/God did not die for our sins.

And here all along I thought we were to believe Jesus Christ died for us.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Ony the Father is to be worshipped.....

Ony the Father is to be worshipped.....

I already asked that question. I got no response either

Greetings Pneuma,....as to your 'handle',...there's nothing like a breath of fresh air :)

As we shared earlier,....there is no answer to the question apart from a prefigured theological assumption favoring the total deification of the personality named 'Jesus'. The OP failed IMO to offer substantial proof of Jesus being 'God', but shows the opposite, as Jesus ever points us to the incorporeal, all-supreme Being, the Source and Fathering Spirit of all that is.

Naturally this Universal Father is the Father of all personalities, being the Original divine Personality,....if we 'personalize' Deity in the context of relationships. Worship always is directed towards that which is of the highest and eternal value, and that is the Universal Father.

pj

Pneuma

Greetings Pneuma,....as to your 'handle',...there's nothing like a breath of fresh air :)

As we shared earlier,....there is no answer to the question apart from a prefigured theological assumption favoring the total deification of the personality named 'Jesus'. The OP failed IMO to offer substantial proof of Jesus being 'God', but shows the opposite, as Jesus ever points us to the incorporeal, all-supreme Being, the Source and Fathering Spirit of all that is.

Naturally this Universal Father is the Father of all personalities, being the Original divine Personality,....if we 'personalize' Deity in the context of relationships. Worship always is directed towards that which is of the highest and eternal value, and that is the Universal Father.

pj

:thumb:

Lon

Can you prove it is necessary to believe the claim that 'Jesus is God' in order to have eternal life?

The validity of the questions remain. See the primary one which was "can you prove Jesus is God beyond such being a religious belief or assumption?" You didnt answer that.

I fully addressed the OP's presentation-attempt at one of these 'proofs' and found it wanting. There are just as many if not more verses in the Bible supporting Unitarianism as there is Trinitarianism.

To an outsider, the claim that 'Jesus is God' is just a religious belief, doctrine, assumption, opinion, etc. It appears to have no value outside of the belief-system or religious-culture/tradition that assumes it.

pj
Does it have to be proved there is a bullet in the gun if we are playing russian roulette? I don't wanna play at all. Doesn't sound like a fun game I want to stake my life on, even 'if' there is an idea that there is no bullet.

Can you have life if you do not understand the scriptures? That's a bullet. Can you have Jesus if you don't know Him? That's a bullet. I believe it a dangerous game you are playing, and you are suggesting playing it here, there is no mistake about that.

Lon

So then if Jesus Christs body is not Him/Jesus/God, then Jesus/God did not die for our sins.

And here all along I thought we were to believe Jesus Christ died for us.
:doh: I am not God and man. You are being purposefully obtuse to fit your doctrine.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Does it have to be proved there is a bullet in the gun if we are playing russian roulette? I don't wanna play at all. Doesn't sound like a fun game I want to stake my life on, even 'if' there is an idea that there is no bullet.

Can you have life if you do not understand the scriptures? That's a bullet. Can you have Jesus if you don't know Him? That's a bullet. I believe it a dangerous game you are playing, and you are suggesting playing it here, there is no mistake about that.

The original question remains and holds. Review.

pj

Lon

The original question remains and holds. Review.

pj
Yep, again, as long as you enjoy a game with guns and bullets. To me, at least, that's no game. You are playing at something here, I believe, that will cost lives. That's just a bad game to be playing, sir.

keypurr

Where else does it say that God has blood?

I find that hard to believe. A spirit with blood.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (KJBV)

(ASV) Take heed unto yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit hath made you bishops, to feed the church of the Lord which he purchased with his own blood.

(GNB) So keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock which the Holy Spirit has placed in your care. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he made his own through the blood of his Son.

(NET.) Watch out for yourselves and for all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son.

(NRSV) Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son.

I didn't think God had blood, but his son did.

Pneuma

:doh: only if you are blind as a bat

John 1:1 - was with God and was God

Acts 20:28 - Which God has purchased with His own blood

John 20:28 - Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and My God!"

Isaiah 9:6 - Son, Might God

Philippians 2:6 - Who, being in nature, God...

Lon it is not I that am blind.

was WITH God and WAS God

God the Father, the one true God before the creation of the world begat a Son. This Son is God after the same fashion the only son of a king is king. This is why the Logos was WITH God and WAS God. They are TWO distinct Gods.

Wile E. Coyote

was WITH God and WAS God

God the Father, the one true God before the creation of the world begat a Son.
God did NOT beget Jesus as Son before the creation of the world. He begat Him as Son at His resurrection. Acts 13:32-33

He had always existed as the Word.

Elia

kp

I have nothing to do with your god !

Bs'd

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

Eliyahu, light unto the nations

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

Elia

Bs'd

Here is who is God, and, surprise! it is not JC:

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

keypurr

was WITH God and WAS God

God the Father, the one true God before the creation of the world begat a Son. This Son is God after the same fashion the only son of a king is king. This is why the Logos was WITH God and WAS God. They are TWO distinct Gods.

AMEN, and he created everything THROUGH his son.

How could he send his son if he did not have a son to send?

Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Joh 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AMEN, and he created everything THROUGH his son.

How could he send his son if he did not have a son to send?

Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Joh 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Hersey! Polytheism.

Wile E. Coyote

Bs'd

Already answered by Paul, Deuteronomy 6:16; 1 Corinthians 10:9.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Sonship

Sonship

God did NOT beget Jesus as Son before the creation of the world. He begat Him as Son at His resurrection. Acts 13:32-33

A matter of 'perspective' and 'Christology' ;)

He had always existed as the Word.

The 'creative intelligence', 'ordering principle', 'logic', 'divine reason', 'thought', etc. did indeed exist in 'God' thru-out eternity, and was manifested in space-time in the person of Jesus as a special dispensation.

However, the avatars of 'God' are not limited to just 'Jesus' as God has many divine sons, represented as different personalities and names in other religious traditions as well.

pj