Jesus is God vs. Jesus is YHVH

Dartman

You should know you're never to old to learn.
Agreed!

G said:
Did you know that Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel?
Jesus WAS sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

But Jesus was not ONLY sent to them.

It is also true that Jesus interacted with some Gentiles even before his death..... he spent about two days with the Samaritans!

G said:
Do you have any idea why Paul was even necessary...what with the Twelve and all?
Necessary?? For what??

Do you think that God couldn't have accomplished His will without Paul??

It is true, Paul was a marvelous apostle;

Acts 9:15 ... he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

And, as Peter pointed out;
2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

G said:
I'm thinking you're a lot like I was before I learned what changed in Mid Acts. Things that are not the same are different. You just have to learn to recognize WHY things changed with Paul.
What do you think changed with Paul?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I say this because the three times KJV translates the Greek into "Godhead", are each a unique variation of the word "Theos"... indicating is is God's attributes we are discussing.
The Scriptures are exquisitely clear, there is "ONLY one true God".... and that is Jesus' Father.

On another note, it is not in the least remarkable that God is full of Godly attributes.
It is UNIQUE when a MAN is full of Godly attributes.
That is just not what the verse says?

Dartman

That is not what the words mean.
Of course it is.

Every believer is supposed to be filled with God in bodily form also!

Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course it is.

Every believer is supposed to be filled with God in bodily form also!

Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

You are getting better with what you are saying.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure what you mean, but it seems like you are beginning to agree with me?
Is that true?
I do not have a problem agreeing with you if you are correct, but that did not appear to be the case.

Some say that Jesus is fully man and fully God. But that is also not what is being said here.

Apple7

Nope. I have no intention of wasting time reading someone's opinion, that I have ZERO reason to respect, I will instead spend the time looking into God's logos, those writings are credible ... your source is WAY not.

How is it that people in the OT saw and interacted with The Word of God?

Dartman

You missed it.

The Word of God...NOT the written words(plural) of God!
No, I didn't miss it. The word of God is NEVER a single word. The word is singular ... but the meaning is plural.
A said:
The OT prophets wrote about seeing, and talking with, THE WORD OF GOD.
Nope, they didn't. They spoke with God ... the being that is the SOURCE of the words.

A said:
Who is the Word of God in the NT?
Luke 3:2-3 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 8:11-15 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. 15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Acts 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

Last edited:

ttruscott

Would you say

Jesus is God

or

Jesus is YHVH?
There is no separating the English GOD from the Hebrew YHWH.

The Sh'mah talks about YHVH : Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. One, `echad, is the word for UNITY as per Gen 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Therefore to say that the Christ is GOD, part of the Trinity, is to say that Christ is within the divine name, YHVH.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no separating the English GOD from the Hebrew YHWH.

The Sh'mah talks about YHVH : Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. One, `echad, is the word for UNITY as per Gen 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Therefore to say that the Christ is GOD, part of the Trinity, is to say that Christ is within the divine name, YHVH.
What might that mean if you mean to maintain your statement?

Apple7

No, I didn't miss it. The word of God is NEVER a single word. The word is singular ... but the meaning is plural.

Singular, and yet plural?

Sounds like you just discovered The Trinity.

Nope, they didn't. They spoke with God ... the being that is the SOURCE of the words.

Since Jesus is called The Word, then you just admitted that the OT prophets spoke with Jesus!

Not only that, but you unwittingly confessed that Jesus is God.

How else could Jesus have existed in the OT?

Think...McFly...

Luke 3:2-3 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 8:11-15 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. 15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Acts 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

All you did with your NT quotes(absolutely ZERO OT quotes, surprise!) is search the English term,'Word', and then run with it.

Little do you know (or care, apparently) that more than one Greek term is rendered 'Word' in your passages.

Regardless, you just proved my point.

One more for the road...

And having been clothed in a garment which had been dipped in blood. And His name is called The Word of God. Rev 19.13

According to you, God's WORDS are clothed in a garment, dipped in blood, and have a personal pronoun 'His' as a name!

:cigar:

Bladerunner

You missed it.

The Word of God...NOT the written words(plural) of God!

The OT prophets wrote about seeing, and talking with, THE WORD OF GOD.

Who is the Word of God in the NT?

:cigar:

In John 1:1 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

and in Rev 1:8.."I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

Jesus Christ