JESUS: God's New Creation and His New Humanity

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that the Saving work of Christ failed to save them He died for.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15.

Salvation has been provided for all who do nothing more than call upon the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.

iouae

The "New Humanity" of Christ was that from the OT one gets the impression that God is rather stern, while from the life, death, humanity and Grace of Jesus, my impression of God is that He is wonderful, kind and loving.

Robert Pate

Banned
The "New Humanity" of Christ was that from the OT one gets the impression that God is rather stern, while from the life, death, humanity and Grace of Jesus, my impression of God is that He is wonderful, kind and loving.

In the Old Testament God is bringing forth a nation and a people from whom the savior of the world would come.

That was his main objective. In order to preserve the line from which Christ was to come he had to do some terrible things, like the flood.

iouae

In the Old Testament God is bringing forth a nation and a people from whom the savior of the world would come.

That was his main objective. In order to preserve the line from which Christ was to come he had to do some terrible things, like the flood.

As you say, in the OT God was dealing with a nation. If the nation as a whole sinned, terrible things like captivity came on the nation. This breeds Pharisees. If I see you committing adultery, I fear I may get punished with you, because God was not going to only carry you into captivity. Thus I have to make it my business to know what you are doing in your bedroom. This is a recipe for disaster.

The Pharisees wanted the woman caught in adultery punished, so that they as a group could escape punishment and wrath of God. One has to have a benevolent view of God and his grace to let her go unpunished.

beloved57

You believe and teach that those Christ died to save still wind up lost in their sins! That's a denial and discredit of His Saving death!

Robert Pate

Banned
As you say, in the OT God was dealing with a nation. If the nation as a whole sinned, terrible things like captivity came on the nation. This breeds Pharisees. If I see you committing adultery, I fear I may get punished with you, because God was not going to only carry you into captivity. Thus I have to make it my business to know what you are doing in your bedroom. This is a recipe for disaster.

The Pharisees wanted the woman caught in adultery punished, so that they as a group could escape punishment and wrath of God. One has to have a benevolent view of God and his grace to let her go unpunished.

According to the law the woman should have been stoned to death. But Jesus took her punishment for her. There is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood.

beloved57

Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15.

Salvation has been provided for all who do nothing more than call upon the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.

Yet you teach that those whom He died for still wind up in hell !

beloved57

According to the law the woman should have been stoned to death. But Jesus took her punishment for her. There is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood.

You teach that plenty of folks for whom Christ died, took their punishment, still wind up in hell, the second death to punished for their sins !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that plenty of folks for whom Christ died, took their punishment, still wind up in hell, the second death to punished for their sins !

Instead of accepting the Gospel and justification by faith, you want to be predestinated. Because of your rejection of Christ and his Gospel, you are going to perish.

beloved57

Instead of accepting the Gospel and justification by faith, you want to be predestinated. Because of your rejection of Christ and his Gospel, you are going to perish.
So you teach that those Christ died for shall yet again suffer punishment and death , even after Christ has suffered it for them. That's denying the Saving efficiency of His Blood.

Robert Pate

Banned
So you teach that those Christ died for shall yet again suffer punishment and death , even after Christ has suffered it for them. That's denying the Saving efficiency of His Blood.

HOGWASH!

You think that you can be saved without responding to the Gospel? Christ's dying on the cross for your sins calls for a response. In the judgment you will hear "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

She was innocent.

beloved57

HOGWASH!

You think that you can be saved without responding to the Gospel? Christ's dying on the cross for your sins calls for a response. In the judgment you will hear "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.
You believe that sinners Christ died for shall wind up in hell, that denies the Savings death of Christ.