Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you ask such silly questions?

You said, "The minister of the circumcision taught members of the circumcision to pray that prayer about their kingdom."

The reason I asked why he did that is because Gentiles were always welcome to become members of Israel, and many did.

Paul told the congregation at Corinth that Christ "our Passover" was sacrificed for us. There is nothing in scripture about God giving his Passover to any group other than Israel.

With regard to the Passover Jesus said to do this in remembrance of me. That was one of the revelations Christ shared with Paul.

Do you observe Jesus' Passover each year?

Right Divider

Body part
You said, "The minister of the circumcision taught members of the circumcision to pray that prayer about their kingdom."

The reason I asked why he did that is because Gentiles were always welcome to become members of Israel, and many did.

Paul told the congregation at Corinth that Christ "our Passover" was sacrificed for us. There is nothing in scripture about God giving his Passover to any group other than Israel.
Do you EVER consider CONTEXT when you read the Bible?
1Cor 5:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:1) It is reported commonly [that there is] fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

This is what Paul says RIGHT BEFORE he called Christ "our Passover".

Paul is clearly speaking to NON-GENTILES in that verse. In other word, to his kinsmen in the flesh.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you EVER consider CONTEXT when you read the Bible?
(5:1) It is reported commonly [that there is] fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

This is what Paul says RIGHT BEFORE he called Christ "our Passover".

Paul is clearly speaking to NON-GENTILES in that verse. In other word, to his kinsmen in the flesh.

Paul was speaking to the Corinthians who were a part of Israel regardless of their nativity or ethnicity. He was speaking to those who claimed to be in Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Then why was Paul contrasting the "among you" with the "among the Gentiles"?

Come on, this is not that difficult. So who was Paul addressing in his letter? Are you thinking this was a Greek ceremony?

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner — not even to eat with such a person. (1 Corinthians 5:9-11)​

Paul was addressing the Corinthian church body, he was not promoting FOG-BOM.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 11:25-26 King James Version (KJV)

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Right Divider

Body part
Come on, this is not that difficult. So who was Paul addressing in his letter? Are you thinking this was a Greek ceremony?
I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner — not even to eat with such a person. (1 Corinthians 5:9-11)​

Paul was addressing the Corinthian church body, he was not promoting FOG-BOM.
I know that in many of Paul letters, he STILL addresses some of his kinsmen in the flesh.

It's not hard if you read it IN CONTEXT.

Read it right.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ is not God Almighty according to Rev.chs 4 and 5

and according to--

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA

Jerry can not refute that because he would have to lie about the Bible to try.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus, the flesh son of God.

Who do you see as the first born of all creation/creatures?
It was not Jesus.

The express image of God is a spirit not a man.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

No.

Jesus is the express image of the invisible God.

He is a man as the Bible says He is.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

LA

keypurr

No.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

LA
God is not a man LA. The express image of a spirit is a spirit. Jesus can not be the express image. However, the express image was active in him. He took the form of man by dwelling In Jesus.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No.

LA

Blasphemy!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No.

LA

Blasphemy!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, he being the spirit son. The express image of the father. The son was sent. The spirit son (word) became flesh.

According to Paul the man Jesus was in the Spirit from birth.

Why would he need another Spirit if he was already in the Spirit?

That just makes no sense to me.