Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

marhig

And YET Jesus was RESURRECTED in His physical body.

John 20:26-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:26) ¶ And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [then] came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace [be] unto you. (20:27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (20:28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (20:29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

I pity you unbelievers.

THEN, that physical body that ASCENDED into heaven.

Acts 1:9-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:9) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (1:10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (1:11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (1:12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

This SAME Jesus will return IN LIKE MANNER....

Zech 14:1-4 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (14:2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (14:3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (14:4) ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Believe it.

Pity me all you like, but unbelievers aren't only those who don't believe in God, but also those who say that they believe but they live by the will of their flesh and they don't live by the will of God. Putting their lives first before pleasing God.

There is no flesh with God, only Spirit. God is spirit, Christ is spirit and there are ministering spirits. No flesh.

Ecclesiastes 12

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Right Divider

Body part
Pity me all you like, but unbelievers aren't only those who don't believe in God, but also those who say that they believe but they live by the will of their flesh and they don't live by the will of God. Putting their lives first before pleasing God.
Well shame on them.

There is no flesh with God, only Spirit. God is spirit, Christ is spirit and there are ministering spirits. No flesh.
What a silly thing to say.

Ecclesiastes 12

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
So I guess that you've cancelled the resurrection.

You simply do not believe ALL of the scripture. You have a fairy story that you support with a few pet verses.

marhig

Well shame on them.

What a silly thing to say.

So I guess that you've cancelled the resurrection.

You simply do not believe ALL of the scripture. You have a fairy story that you support with a few pet verses.
You just don't understand the resurrection, you're seeing it with a fleshly mind!

Right Divider

Body part
You just don't understand the resurrection, you're seeing it with a fleshly mind!
You could not be more wrong. It is you that does not understand.

Please explain this passage for us.

(20:26) ¶ And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [then] came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace [be] unto you. (20:27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (20:28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (20:29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

That is the RESURRECTED Jesus Christ speaking and being touched physically.

You "spirit only" folks are just so full of your false doctrine that you must ignore huge portions of scripture to deceive yourselves.

God did NOT create the heaven AND THE EARTH to have "just a spirit thing".

marhig

You could not be more wrong. It is you that does not understand.

Please explain this passage for us.

That is the RESURRECTED Jesus Christ speaking and being touched physically.

You "spirit only" folks are just so full of your false doctrine that you must ignore huge portions of scripture to deceive yourselves.

God did NOT create the heaven AND THE EARTH to have "just a spirit thing".

It's not false doctrine, Jesus says clearly that his spirit was going back to God. What did Jesus mean when he said "father into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

He didn't say father into thy hands I commend my flesh.

And is God flesh too?

Right Divider

Body part
It's not false doctrine, Jesus says clearly that his spirit was going back to God. What did Jesus mean when he said "father into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

He didn't say father into thy hands I commend my flesh.

And is God flesh too?
You have a real problem with understanding simple things.

What you are talking about was PRE-RESURRECTION. Then there was a RESURRECTION and John 20 is POST-RESURRECTION.

Are you being willfully ignorance are you really this dumb?

Jerry Shugart

And Jesus was in the form of God because he was in his express image, he was in the fullness of God doing Gods will, so we saw God in and through him.

No, that is not what the word "form" means in the following verse:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

From this we can see that the Lord Jesus is in the form of God.

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He will appear to the inhabitants of heaven:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

The Lord Jesus couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God.

marhig

You have a real problem with understanding simple things.

What you are talking about was PRE-RESURRECTION. Then there was a RESURRECTION and John 20 is POST-RESURRECTION.

Are you being willfully ignorance are you really this dumb?

But you are saying that Jesus went back to God in his flesh after the resurrection, I don't believe he did. The flesh has nothing to do with God, God is spirit, so is Christ, and so are Gods ministering spirits. There is only Spirit in heaven, no flesh!

Just like no flesh and blood shall enter the kingdom of God.

Flesh has nothing to do with God here on earth, and those that belong to him leave their flesh behind and their spirit goes to God, the flesh is dust.

So if Jesus is in heaven and in the flesh, is God then flesh also?

And how is the following possible if Jesus is in the flesh?

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Right Divider

Body part
But you are saying that Jesus went back to God in his flesh after the resurrection, I don't believe he did.
What you believe is irrelevant. The Bible says that He ascended bodily into the clouds.

The flesh has nothing to do with God, God is spirit, so is Christ, and so are Gods ministering spirits. There is only Spirit in heaven, no flesh!
This is all based on some bogus philosophy that you got from somewhere other than the Word of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ took on a human body and THAT was the body that He had AFTER His resurrection. The Bible CLEARLY confirmed this in John 20 (a passage that you continue to ignore).

Just like no flesh and blood shall enter the kingdom of God.
He is talking about a body that is NOT a resurrected body.

Study 1 Cor. 15 to learn about the TWO bodies.

Flesh has nothing to do with God here on earth, and those that belong to him leave their flesh behind and their spirit goes to God, the flesh is dust.

So if Jesus is in heaven and in the flesh, is God then flesh also?
The LORD Jesus Christ has both. Why does that give you so much trouble?

I know why. Because you have a false story that dictates your thinking about the rest of the Bible.

And how is the following possible if Jesus is in the flesh?

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
This abode is in the new Jerusalem. Read Rev 21 and 22 to learn about it.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Tranformation of body............

Tranformation of body............

I wonder if a "phantasma" can traverse through walls and locked doors?
I guess not all flesh is the same flesh . . . :) :wave:

:poly:

Let us consider that the essence of the resurrection is 'spiritual'; it is a transformation of one's form by the act of natural and/or supernatural laws in their respective time and order (which ever occurs in any given point in space or time). All is energy anyways, just vibrating at different frequenices within the visible and invisible range of vision, so that some bodies may be more or less visible (or dense) depending on their condition and perhaps the ability of the person themselves to affect or manipulate (for instance Jesus materializing and dematerializing).

The resurrection body will be according to the natural environment or need in which the soul finds itself, as "God gives every soul a body accordingly". Souls staying in the spirit-world will have their resonant spirit bodies appropriate to those domains, while any soul rising in a more physical world will have bodies appropriate for their habitation. In as much as a soul has a 'body' of any kind, of course we refer to the resurrection as 'bodily', as those bodies will be 'suited' to dwell in the realm that they are raised up to inhabit. We can speculate over the 'metaphysics' of resurrection bodies, but it will remain speculation.

View attachment 25064

marhig

No, that is not what the word "form" means in the following verse:

That's in your opinion, if Jesus was in the fullness God, and he was in the express image of God, then he was in the form of God.

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

From this we can see that the Lord Jesus is in the form of God.

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He will appear to the inhabitants of heaven:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

The Lord Jesus couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God.

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

And heaven is a state.

By the way, Jesus is set down with his father, so that clearly shows that Jesus isn't the father. And the verse in Isaiah 9:6 doesn't mean that Jesus is God!

marhig

What you believe is irrelevant. The Bible says that He ascended bodily into the clouds.

This is all based on some bogus philosophy that you got from somewhere other than the Word of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ took on a human body and THAT was the body that He had AFTER His resurrection. The Bible CLEARLY confirmed this in John 20 (a passage that you continue to ignore).

He is talking about a body that is NOT a resurrected body.

Study 1 Cor. 15 to learn about the TWO bodies.

The LORD Jesus Christ has both. Why does that give you so much trouble?

I know why. Because you have a false story that dictates your thinking about the rest of the Bible.

This abode is in the new Jerusalem. Read Rev 21 and 22 to learn about it.
And the new Jerusalem is spirit, I don't believe as you do. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Right Divider

Body part
The new Jerusalem is Gods spiritual kingdom, and we ask for Gods kingdom to come every day.
  • Prove that assertion with scripture.
  • Where will this kingdom come?
The new Jerusalem is a CITY that comes DOWN from HEAVEN per Revelation 21.

It's too bad that you prefer a myth to the truth.