Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

Right Divider

Body part
I do not have to know RD, I have translators that did that:

Hebrews 1:3

(ASV) who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(BBE) Who, being the outshining of his glory, the true image of his substance, supporting all things by the word of his power, having given himself as an offering making clean from sins, took his seat at the right hand of God in heaven;

(Bishops) Who beyng the bryghtnesse of the glorie, and the very image of his substaunce, vpholdyng all thynges with the worde of his power, hauing by him selfe pourged our sinnes, hath syt on the ryght hande of the maiestie on hye:

(CEV) God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. By his own mighty word, he holds the universe together. After the Son had washed away our sins, he sat down at the right side of the glorious God in heaven.

(DRB) Who being the brightness of his glory and the figure of his substance and upholding all things by the word of his power, making purgation of sins, sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high:

(ESV) He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(Geneva) Who being the brightnes of the glory, and the ingraued forme of his person, and bearing vp all things by his mightie worde, hath by himselfe purged our sinnes, and sitteth at the right hand of the Maiestie in the highest places,

(GNB) He reflects the brightness of God's glory and is the exact likeness of God's own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.

(GW) His Son is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of God's being. He holds everything together through his powerful words. After he had cleansed people from their sins, he received the highest position, the one next to the Father in heaven.

(ISV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

(KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NAS77) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NASB) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NET.) The Son is the radiance of his glory and the representation of his essence, and he sustains all things by his powerful word, and so when he had accomplished cleansing for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

(NIrV) The Son is the gleaming brightness of God's glory. He is the exact likeness of God's being. He uses his powerful word to hold all things together. He provided the way for people to be made pure from sin. Then he sat down at the right hand of the King, the Majesty in heaven.

(NIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(NKJV) who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSVA) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(TNIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(YLT) who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his might--through himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

When you stop thinking you know it all you may learn something.
:french:
I know that Jesus is God because the Bible says so.

Your understanding is sorely lacking. The Bible NEVER says that God can or did "copy Himself".

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You forget that a "morphe" is a creation, God is not a creation.

Jesus was created to be the body for Christ, the spirit son.

Jesus' body was a creation but Jesus is more than just a body.

Also, man is more than just a body.

Your faulty Christology and your faulty anthropology, hinge on your misunderstanding of these things.

Because, man is more than his body, 'soul-sleep' is false doctrine.

Because, the Lord Jesus is more than His body, your doctrine of Christ is a false doctrine.

keypurr

Jesus' body was a creation but Jesus is more than just a body.

Also, man is more than just a body.

Your faulty Christology and your faulty anthropology, hinge on your misunderstanding of these things.

Because, the Lord Jesus is more than His body, your doctrine of Christ is a false doctrine.
Soul sleep is another topic friend, and I am well aware that man is not just flesh. You must not see what I post to clearly or you would see the word spirit used a lot.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

I send love for your daughter.

Thank you Jamie, she is 1600 miles away from me and I can not be with her. I am still recovering from my back surgery and I can not travel. I have to trust in the Lord and pray that he loves her as much as I do.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul said, "We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed..." (1 Corinthians 15:51)

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-15 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.​

Paul asserted soul sleep, why do you say Paul was teaching a false doctrine?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you Jamie, she is 1600 miles away from me and I can not be with her. I am still recovering from my back surgery and I can not travel. I have to trust in the Lord and pray that he loves her as much as I do.

Praying for your daughter friend.

Jerry Shugart

We agree that the son was a FORM of God, but that dies not make him God.

And it was not Jesus, it was the express image, Christ, a spirit.

That is not possible. Let us look at this passage again:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

Here we see that "Christ Jesus" was made in the likeness of men. And therefore the words "Christ Jesus" refers to no one else but the Lord Jesus. And since the words "Christ Jesus" refer to no one other than the Lord Jesus then it is the Lord Jesus who was in the form of God.

And no one can be in the form of God unless he is God. Therefore, the Lord Jesus is God.

keypurr

That is not possible. Let us look at this passage again:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).

Here we see that "Christ Jesus" was made in the likeness of men. And therefore the words "Christ Jesus" refers to no one else but the Lord Jesus. And since the words "Christ Jesus" refer to no one other than the Lord Jesus then it is the Lord Jesus who was in the form of God.

And no one can be in the form of God unless he is God. Therefore, the Lord Jesus is God.

I understand that Jerry, but what was Christ before he became flesh?

The Son of God was with the Father at the creation, that Son is not Jesus, it is the express image, a spirit. The spirit became flesh in the body of Jesus.

keypurr

Paul said, "We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed..." (1 Corinthians 15:51)

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-15 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.​

Paul asserted soul sleep, why do you say Paul was teaching a false doctrine?

Amen, we agree

Jerry Shugart

What does the express image of a spirit look like?

We will see exactly what it looks like in the eternal state when we see God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

You don't think too deep, do you?