Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I believe it is possible to twist scripture to make it say things that it never teaches.

I have to go with the plain teaching of the Bible on this, and while the Bible mentions "sons of god" in Genesis and Job, there is no clear teaching about what the "sons of god" are except that they are supernatural in nature.

If the "sons of god" in Genesis are the angels that left their first estate in Jude, then angels are called sons of god.
However, the Bible mentions different types of supernatural beings who have been labeled as angels, even though the Bible does not teach this.
The Bible mentions seraphim, cherubim, archangels, angels, and sons of god.
The Bible does not teach us what they are, it just mentions their interaction with people.

The book of Job does not call the sons of god humans nor does it call them angels.

The Bible does not teach that Jesus was created, but the rest of that is what the Bible teaches.

There are beings called "sons of god" and beings called "angels", but the Bible does not say that they are the same thing.

If we are supposed to know the answers to those questions, the Bible would have given us the answers.
Since the Bible does not tell us the answers to those questions, those questions are not important for us to know.

The Bible does give the answers but you are going in circles.

God's Truth

I disproved your claim that the NT doesn't have Law.
You are confused because I never said the New Testament doesn't have law.
I proved Jesus told his apostles to keep his commandments.
Jesus gave commandments and they were for the new covenant.
I will ADD that Jesus commanded his apostles to teach the nations his commandments!

You don't know what they were because you say they were just the old law commandments.

God's Truth

could be any day you want...in your lawless world of anything goes...you do whatever...not a qualification or value a potential employer appreciates... sure... employers appreciate discipline and resolve knowing that in hiring a man concerned with pleasing his Maker he will hire a man who does not steal company money property or time...a man respectful of order and heirarchy and policy...sometimes work must be made up during the week but life is a negotiation...but some things are not compromised...brings a sense of clarity to that negotiation

still is...His sabbatismos is a joy and delight...healing even

worth much much more than your Christ’smass, New Years, or Easter,or valentines or Halloween...or “St” Patrick’s Day...(Himself a sabbath keeper BTW)

But only to those who are saved...His people...those included in the ALL of Is 66:23

Zechariah 14:16
And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

Maybe you won’t show up?

Observing special days is worthless for salvation.
You even sin by trying to judge others by it.
You are a bitter root trying to defile others.

Observing special days as something one believes they have to do are weak and worthless rudimentary notions.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

See Galatians 4:9, 10; Romans 14:5; Colossians 2:17; Hebrews 8:5; Hebrews 10:1.

Galatians 5:3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.
Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.
Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!

In John 14:24 KJV, Jesus says "my sayings (words)" (τοὺς λόγους μου, "the words OF ME"), not "the words I speak". Are you saying that the words of Jesus, which Jesus calls "the words OF ME", are NOT the words of Jesus?

In John 14:24 KJV, Jesus says "the word...is not mine" (ὁ λόγος...οὐκ ἔστιν ἐμὸς)

In John 8:37 KJV, Jesus says:

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Here, we see Jesus referring to "my word" (ὁ λόγος ὁ ἐμὸς). He uses exactly the same words, ὁ λόγος and ἐμὸς, here, as He uses in John 14:24 KJV, when He says "the word [is not] mine". I don't doubt that you, as a hardened enemy of logic, would be just fine with making Jesus out to be one like unto yourself, one given to contradicting his own pronouncements. But I, for one, refuse to believe that Jesus, THE LOGOS of John 1:1 KJV, is an enemy of logic. So, when Jesus says, in John 14:24 KJV, that "the word...is not mine", and if, in fact, the referent of His phrase "the word", there, is the same thing which, in John 8:37 KJV, He calls "MY word", He cannot be contradicting, in 14:24, what He stated in 8:37. Thus, when He says that what He has called "MY word" is "not MINE", He must be employing "mine" in some manner differently than He is employing "my". I, for one, take it that He is saying, in John 14:24 KJV, something along the lines of:

...and the word which ye hear is not mine [own], but [also] the Father's who sent me.

After all, in John 16:15 KJV, Jesus clearly states:

ALL things that the Father hath are MINE....

Anyway, since the Bible nowhere says, what YOU say--that, "Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke"--why don't you try to explain exactly what (if anything) you imagine it is for Jesus to NOT be "the source of the words he spoke"?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In John 14:24 KJV, Jesus says "my sayings (words)" (τοὺς λόγους μου, "the words OF ME"), not "the words I speak". Are you saying that the words of Jesus, which Jesus calls "the words OF ME", are NOT the words of Jesus?

In John 14:24 KJV, Jesus says "the word...is not mine" (ὁ λόγος...οὐκ ἔστιν ἐμὸς)

In John 8:37 KJV, Jesus says:

Here, we see Jesus referring to "my word" (ὁ λόγος ὁ ἐμὸς). He uses exactly the same words, ὁ λόγος and ἐμὸς, here, as He uses in John 14:24 KJV, when He says "the word [is not] mine". I don't doubt that you, as a hardened enemy of logic, would be just fine with making Jesus out to be one like unto yourself, one given to contradicting his own pronouncements. But I, for one, refuse to believe that Jesus, THE LOGOS of John 1:1 KJV, is an enemy of logic. So, when Jesus says, in John 14:24 KJV, that "the word...is not mine", and if, in fact, the referent of His phrase "the word", there, is the same thing which, in John 8:37 KJV, He calls "MY word", He cannot be contradicting, in 14:24, what He stated in 8:37. Thus, when He says that what He has called "MY word" is "not MINE", He must be employing "mine" in some manner differently than He is employing "my". I, for one, take it that He is saying, in John 14:24 KJV, something along the lines of:

After all, in John 16:15 KJV, Jesus clearly states:

Anyway, since the Bible nowhere says, what YOU say--that, "Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke"--why don't you try to explain exactly what (if anything) you imagine it is for Jesus to NOT be "the source of the words he spoke"?

A New Prophet like Moses
Deu 18:15 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear,
Deu 18:16 according to all you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.'
Deu 18:17 "And the LORD said to me: 'What they have spoken is good.
Deu 18:18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.
Deu 18:19 And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him.

7djengo7

You are misapplying the logical principle.
For you to claim "Jesus is God" is an important doctrine in the NT, and use this kind of stall tactic to avoid providing ANY example of your "Jesus" being preached to any audience, in any Biblical account, is dishonest.

Wait a second, there. Why did you put quotes around the name 'Jesus', where you said "...your "Jesus" being preached..."?

Do Trinitarians claim that Jesus is God, or not? I thought that the main complaint against Trinitarians is that we claim that Jesus is God. That, indeed, is what we claim.

Are you accusing Trinitarians of claiming that someone going pseudonymously by the name "Jesus" is God?

Are you saying that Trinitarians are calling, NOT Jesus, but someone OTHER THAN Jesus, "Jesus", and claiming that that someone (who is not Jesus) is God?

If so, then you make yourself into even more of a clown than you already are, by going about telling Trinitarians that the Bible opposes claiming that Jesus is God! Why bother telling Trinitarians that, if Trinitarians are not claiming that Jesus is God?

Also, good one, Dartman! You, a hardened irrationalist, a persistent enemy of logic, pretending to teach others about principles of logic! :)

7djengo7

I am under the asumption that only one person can be the "FIRST AND THE LAST", only one person can be "ALPHA AND OMEGA". That person in the old testament is Jehovah and in Revelation He was dead and is alive. They are the same person, they are the triune God.

If you disagree, don't tell me how two people can be governor, or two people can be stewardess, we know people can have the same title. But in Scripture, the "FIRST AND LAST" is always God. If you disagree, don't give me non-related, anti-trinitarian "proof texts" that you guys misinterpret, instead, please deal with the verses I quoted and show me:

-how two different people can be first and last,
-or show me how the person speaking in Revelation is not Jesus
-or show me somewhere in Scripture where someone other than God is called "first and last"

You cannot do either of the three, so you will ignore it with ad hominem and skip to an out of context verse instead.

Great post, Sir!

You pointed out Revelation 1 KJV, wherein Jesus, in v. 17, states that He is "THE first and THE last", and then, in v. 18, states that He was DEAD. God the Father was never dead.

Isaiah 44:6 KJV: "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

It sure doesn't look like God meant "...and beside me there is no God, BUT, beside me there is at least one CREATURE that should also be called "THE first and THE last.""

7djengo7

I never claimed GOD changed...

False, and hilarious! Your whole God-blaspheming, Satanic ideology is FOUNDED upon the proposition that GOD changed. You claim there was a time when the Son of God was NOT, which means that God changed from NOT being God the Father to being God the Father.

Aimiel

Great post, Sir!

You pointed out Revelation 1 KJV, wherein Jesus, in v. 17, states that He is "THE first and THE last", and then, in v. 18, states that He was DEAD. God the Father was never dead.

Isaiah 44:6 KJV: "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

It sure doesn't look like God meant "...and beside me there is no God, BUT, beside me there is at least one CREATURE that should also be called "THE first and THE last.""
Are you discounting the fact that Jesus said that He was The First and The Last by claiming that He didn't mean to make the analogy to God by saying such. So Jesus didn't think of the fact that there is NONE other who could be called Alpha and Omega other than God?!? Don't you realize that He knew exactly what He was saying? He was speaking from His Throne in Heaven when He said it. If it were blasphemy, I don't think it would have went over very well, since He was seated upon His Father's Throne at the time.

7djengo7

Are you discounting the fact that Jesus said that He was The First and The Last by claiming that He didn't mean to make the analogy to God by saying such. So Jesus didn't think of the fact that there is NONE other who could be called Alpha and Omega other than God?!? Don't you realize that He knew exactly what He was saying? He was speaking from His Throne in Heaven when He said it. If it were blasphemy, I don't think it would have went over very well, since He was seated upon His Father's Throne at the time.

No. What I am saying is that Jesus--God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity--by calling Himself "The First and The Last", IS, in fact, declaring Himself to be God Almighty! There is, indeed, NONE other than God worthy of being called Alpha and Omega, and Jesus is Alpha and Omega. I do realize that He knew/knows exactly what He was/is saying, speaking from His Throne in Heaven, just as He knew exactly what He was saying when, by saying that God is His Father, He was making Himself EQUAL WITH GOD.

Aimiel

No. What I am saying is that Jesus--God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity--by calling Himself "The First and The Last", IS, in fact, declaring Himself to be God Almighty! There is, indeed, NONE other than God worthy of being called Alpha and Omega, and Jesus is Alpha and Omega. I do realize that He knew/knows exactly what He was/is saying, speaking from His Throne in Heaven, just as He knew exactly what He was saying when, by saying that God is His Father, He was making Himself EQUAL WITH GOD.
Oh. Well... that's different... nevermind. :thumb:

clefty

Incorrect.
Deut 18:15-19 defines the end of the Mosaic Law, and the beginning of Christ's law.

Deut 18:15-19 Jehovah thy God will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
16 according to all that thou desiredst of Jehovah thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of Jehovah my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
17 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken.
18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law ..."taking it out of the way".
what part of I will put MY WORDS in his mouth and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him...do you not hearken to?

Do yourself a favor take a sheet of paper draw a line down the middle and on the left put 10 OT laws and on the right put 10 NT law...and see if they don’t MATCH...post the results and let me help if need be...

In fact let’s start in general with this:

Matt 23:3

You really think the Son came to divide His Fathers house teach contrary Law seperate His people? “Thy will be done”...”on earth as it is in heaven”....

He taught and demonstrated with His actions the New Testament Way...”follow me” means exactly that

Jesus kept the Sabbath, he did NOT command his followers to keep it.a

Seven times He healed on the Sabbath...to provoke a teaching...He could easily have healed every one of these the next day as none of them were an emergency but long term illnesses or afflictions...so He deliberately healed them on the Sabbath to teach SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN...not just jews and certainly not what they made it to be...

He instructed prayers specifically said for the Sabbath and that it’s keeping continue into the future Matt 24:20 notice He did not instruct prayers they be RAPTURED from the times of trouble or spared from them or that they not occur...but two times He expected to continue into the future...winter times and Sabbath times...pray your fleeing is NOT on the Sabbth as fleeing is NOT resting...

Spare the rediculous rationale the city gates would be locked as it was directed to all of Judea and the jews persecuted them WITHIN the city...the temple even

So the Sabbath is the ONLY COMMANDMENT with specific instructions to pray that it is kept...the irony...

Is why Heb 4:9

And here are they that Keep the Commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua...notice faith OF Yahushua...is that Buddhism? Islam?

What did His faith practice look like? DO THAT

Do as the Lord of the Sabbath did...

(you do understand how the “Lord of” thingy works yes?
Lord of Lords or Lord of London or Lord of the Rings...Lord of the Flies...
In every case the Lord does NOT destroy that which gives authority to his Lordship...ya dig?)

clefty

Leaving aside the rest of your rambling:
perhaps it best you just ignore me rather than embarrass yourself?

Have you read the entire Ten Commandments? Who are they addressed to?

Exodus 12:38 ►And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

Your answer is in the Sabbath commandment itself...the goyim within your gates...no not the animals...no wait yes even them...LOL

Is why:

Leviticus 19:34
The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 12:49
Verse Concepts
"The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you."

Leviticus 24:22
Verse Concepts
'There shall be one standard for you; it shall be for the stranger as well as the native, for I am the LORD your God.'"

Numbers 9:14
Verse Concepts
'If an alien sojourns among you and observes the Passover to the LORD, according to the statute of the Passover and according to its ordinance, so he shall do; you shall have one statute, both for the alien and for the native of the land.'"

Numbers 15:14
Verse Concepts
'If an alien sojourns with you, or one who may be among you throughout your generations, and he wishes to make an offering by fire, as a soothing aroma to the LORD, just as you do so he shall do.

Numbers 15:15
Verse Concepts
'As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the alien who sojourns with you, a perpetual statute throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the alien be before the LORD.

Numbers 15:16
Verse Concepts
'There is to be one law and one ordinance for you and for the alien who sojourns with you.'"

Numbers 15:29
Verse Concepts
'You shall have one law for him who does anything unintentionally, for him who is native among the sons of Israel and for the alien who sojourns among them.

Deuteronomy 1:16
Verse Concepts
"Then I charged your judges at that time, saying, 'Hear the cases between your fellow countrymen, and judge righteously between a man and his fellow countryman, or the alien who is with him.

Deuteronomy 24:14
Verse Concepts
"You shall not oppress a hired servant who is poor and needy, whether he is one of your countrymen or one of your aliens who is in your land in your towns.

Leviticus 18:26
Verse Concepts
'But as for you, you are to keep My statutes and My judgments and shall not do any of these abominations, neither the native, nor the alien who sojourns among you

Exodus 12:19
Verse Concepts
'Seven days there shall be no leaven found in your houses; for whoever eats what is leavened, that person shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he is an alien or a native of the land.

Exodus 20:10
Verse Concepts
but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.

Deuteronomy 5:14
Verse Concepts
but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.

Leviticus 16:29
Verse Concepts
"This shall be a permanent statute for you: in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall humble your souls and not do any work, whether the native, or the alien who sojourns among you;

Leviticus 17:8
Verse Concepts
"Then you shall say to them, 'Any man from the house of Israel, or from the aliens who sojourn among them, who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice,

Leviticus 17:10
Verse Concepts
'And any man from the house of Israel, or from the aliens who sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 22:18
"Speak to Aaron and to his sons and to all the sons of Israel and say to them, 'Any man of the house of Israel or of the aliens in Israel who presents his offering, whether it is any of their votive or any of their freewill offerings, which they present to the LORD for a burnt offering--

Leviticus 17:13
Verse Concepts
"So when any man from the sons of Israel, or from the aliens who sojourn among them, in hunting catches a beast or a bird which may be eaten, he shall pour out its blood and cover it with earth.

Leviticus 24:16
Verse Concepts
'Moreover, the one who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall certainly stone him. The alien as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

Numbers 15:26
'So all the congregation of the sons of Israel will be forgiven, with the alien who sojourns among them, for it happened to all the people through error.

Numbers 35:15
Verse Concepts
'These six cities shall be for refuge for the sons of Israel, and for the alien and for the sojourner among them; that anyone who kills a person unintentionally may flee there.

Joshua 20:9
Verse Concepts
These were the appointed cities for all the sons of Israel and for the stranger who sojourns among them, that whoever kills any person unintentionally may flee there, and not die by the hand of the avenger of blood until he stands before the congregation.

Numbers 19:10
Verse Concepts
'The one who gathers the ashes of the heifer shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening; and it shall be a perpetual statute to the sons of Israel and to the alien who sojourns among them.

Or you thought it was just for jews?

Not surprised...LOL

good you have one...take it...

Thanks John W. where ever you ran off to...

clefty

Observing special days is worthless for salvation.
indeed... to gain salvation...salvation is by faith...and those faithful WANT to obey...keep His Ways...

You even sin by trying to judge others by it.
you are either IN HIM HIS WAYS or you are not...your fruits reveal...

You are a bitter root trying to defile others.
we don’t love because we HAVE to...we love as He loved us because we WANT TO...

Observing special days as something one believes they have to do are weak and worthless rudimentary notions.
they ARE shadows which point to Him Who SAVES...and is the WAY the Spirit guides our walk...HIS WALK HIS WAY HIS FAITH...is why Heb 4:9 His people...

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
they were DOING these...why would jews or goyim care if they were NOT?

See Galatians 4:9,10
Celtic people returning to their own traditions

Romans 14:5;
jewish dietary rituals nothing about sabbath

Colossians 2:17;
yup ARE a shadow present tense...still

Hebrews 8:5;
serve...yup present tense still serve NOT served...

Hebrews 10:1.
yup the law never made anyone perfect that was NOT it’s function...but to lead to One who can...even still

Galatians 5:3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.
Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.
duh...circumcision NEVER saved...nor was it taught that it did...salvation is by FAITH IN HIS WORKS IN US TO CIRCUMCISE OUR HEARTS

Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

Grace provides salvation...the way the truth the life...walk ye therein...

Grace doesn’t not make void the law...we establish it...

Bitterness is those that hate the law...His people find it a delight an easy yoke a light burden...

I don’t even wanna play tennis with someone who hates tennis rules...

That is you...

You believe jewish false witness that Yahushua changed the customs of Moses...

The Torah is not an instruction book...but describes life where “I AM”...it is an owner’s manual...we do what it instructs not to earn our inheritance but because it is ours...given to us who obey...”well done good and faithful servant”...

HalleluYah...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Then why do you keep making such arguments from silence?

Both statements are untrue.

Well, only one of us can be right.

And it's definitely not you.

Of course not. The inaccuracy of your claims are what makes them dishonest.

Saying that my claims are inaccurate doesn't make them so.

Dartman

what part of I will put MY WORDS in his mouth and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him...do you not hearken to?
Which part of "a prophet like you" do you not hearken to? Moses was a Law giver .... a NEW law, which included SOME elements of previous laws, but the entire covenant was NEW. Jesus gave ANOTHER NEW LAW.
There is NO WAY Jehovah had in mind that Jesus was going to MERELY REPEAT the Mosaic Law .... that does NOT match Scripture.
The ENTIRE law was fulfilled, completed, and "TAKEN AWAY" by Christ's death on the cross.

clefty said:
Do yourself a favor take a sheet of paper draw a line down the middle and on the left put 10 OT laws and on the right put 10 NT law...and see if they don’t MATCH...post the results and let me help if need be...
There are MANY examples!!
Keep the Sabbath ....versus ..... worship every day the same.
COMPLEX dietary law .... versus ..... God hath made that which WAS "unclean" to be "clean".
Worship in Jerusalem ....... worship in your heart/mind/spirit.
COMPLEX Levitical Priesthood, and temple duties ...... Jesus is our High Priest.
Moses allowed divorce ...... Jesus says;
Mark 10:11-12 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Mosaic Law COMMANDED violence in specific cases ..... versus ....Matt 5:43-44 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

clefty said:
In fact let’s start in general with this:

Matt 23:3

You really think the Son came to divide His Fathers house teach contrary Law seperate His people? “Thy will be done”...”on earth as it is in heaven”....

He taught and demonstrated with His actions the New Testament Way...”follow me” means exactly that
You are still confused. Yes, Jesus taught and demonstrated the New Testament way .... which is why he did NOT have the woman stoned that was caught in adultery. And, why Jesus did NOT violently oppose his killers. Jesus did not break the Mosaic Law .... BECAUSE IT WAS STILL IN EFFECT!!!!
Jesus DID teach MAJOR CHANGES IN THE LAW, as I have proved.

Dartman

Then why do you keep making such arguments from silence?
I don't. YOU misunderstand the logical principle.... Or, are intentionally misapplying the principle.
Demanding that a CLAIMED "doctrine" show Scripture IS NOT an argument from silence!!

So, show Scripture that actually states your claims! (We both know you can't, which is why you try and hide from the point by invoking your misapplied logical principle.)

chair

The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 12:49
Verse Concepts
"The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you."

Leviticus 24:22
Verse Concepts
'There shall be one standard for you; it shall be for the stranger as well as the native, for I am the LORD your God.'"

Numbers 9:14
Verse Concepts
'If an alien sojourns among you and observes the Passover to the LORD, according to the statute of the Passover and according to its ordinance, so he shall do; you shall have one statute, both for the alien and for the native of the land.'"

Numbers 15:14
Verse Concepts
'If an alien sojourns with you, or one who may be among you throughout your generations, and he wishes to make an offering by fire, as a soothing aroma to the LORD, just as you do so he shall do.

Numbers 15:15
Verse Concepts
'As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the alien who sojourns with you, a perpetual statute throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the alien be before the LORD.

Numbers 15:16
Verse Concepts
'There is to be one law and one ordinance for you and for the alien who sojourns with you.'"

Numbers 15:29
Verse Concepts
'You shall have one law for him who does anything unintentionally, for him who is native among the sons of Israel and for the alien who sojourns among them....

Maybe the bold italics will help you think a little more clearly about this. The laws were not given to all mankind.

See Deuteronomy 4:
See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it. 6 Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, “Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.” 7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him? 8 And what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today?​

How about the ten commandments?
And God spoke all these words:
2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Who is "you" here?

or here:
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.​

Who id God talking to?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Since you apparently don't know what an argument from silence is, allow me to first define it for you, and then I'll point out where you are making an argument from silence in your previous posts.

I don't. YOU misunderstand the logical principle.... Or, are intentionally misapplying the principle.

Yes, you do.

Alright, here's what an argument from silence is:

"To make an argument from silence is to express a conclusion that is based on the absence of statements in historical documents, rather than their presence."

Now, here is the argument from silence you made:

Jesus is NEVER worshiped AS GOD.

Ever.

You, Dartman, are expressing the conclusion that "Jesus is never worshipped as God, ever."

Your basing your conclusion on the ABSENCE of statements that "Jesus was worshipped as God" in the Bible, a historical document.

See the problem yet?

Demanding that a CLAIMED "doctrine" show Scripture IS NOT an argument from silence!!

:AMR:

What in the world are you talking about?

So, show Scripture that actually states your claims!

Genesis - Revelation shows that God is a triune Being, and Jesus is the second Person of the Trinity.

(We both know you can't, which is why you try and hide from the point by invoking your misapplied logical principle.)

And THAT is an argument from/appeal to ignorance, which is a logical fallacy which states that something is true because it has not yet been proven false.

Do you see the problem yet?

I don't respond to your demands because they themselves are based on illogical premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.