JESUS: "Behold, I Stand At The Door And Knock" Rev. 3:20.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know what reward you think you will receive when it was nothing you did...nor could you do.

The verses you presented pointed to Christ's work....not yours.

I'll help you.

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27)

Who does the pronoun his refer to? Christ's work or our work?

"I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name." (Revelation 3:8)

"The nations were angry and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints" (Revelation 11:18)

Robert Pate

Banned
I'll help you.

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27)

"I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name." (Revelation 3:8)

"The nations were angry and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints" (Revelation 11:18)

The four and twenty elders cast their crowns upon the throne of Jesus in Revelation 4:10,11.

glorydaz

I'll help you.

I'll help you. None of those verses speak of the members of the body of Christ.

You've just gone from claiming you have overcome sin to being judged under the law. Sounds to me like you have willing placed yourself under the law, and have, therefore, rejected the Grace of God. :think:

Those who stand before the Great White Throne will be JUDGED according to their works. They are unbelievers, and those who trust in their own works.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who stand before the Great White Throne will be JUDGED according to their works. They are unbelievers, and those who trust in their own works.

Their works at that time. Salvation is open to them.

This is the primary resurrection.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

They are judged by their works at that time.

Death is the penalty for sin.

Their death paid their penalty and they are freed from their sins.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I'll help you. None of those verses speak of the members of the body of Christ.

You've just gone from claiming you have overcome sin to being judged under the law. Sounds to me like you have willing placed yourself under the law, and have, therefore, rejected the Grace of God. :think:

Being a servant of righteousness does have it's rewards.

I like it when I'm told I brought that thought into right subjection. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
None of those verses speak of the members of the body of Christ.

Paul taught that the the body of Christ is the church.

"For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church." (Ephesians 5:30-32)

glorydaz

Their works at that time. Salvation is open to them.

This is the primary resurrection.

Salvation is open to none after they die. This is your one chance, and I sure wouldn't be counting on your righteousness were I you.

glorydaz

Paul taught that the the body of Christ is the church.

"For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church." (Ephesians 5:30-32)

There are many churches, but only one body of Christ.

glorydaz

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Indeed....whether law or grace, faith gives us the victory.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

glorydaz

They are judged by their works at that time.

Death is the penalty for sin.

Their death paid their penalty and they are freed from their sins.

WHAT? :jawdrop:

The penalty for sin is just that. The penalty.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.​

They died in their sins....death did not rid them of anything except life.

Nope, you'll have to look past the law for any mercy and grace.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yeah, but we can't take credit for that can we?

Right subjection, 1M1S. :thumb:

No, but I do like edifying encouragement along the way.

Modern Spelling Tyndale-Coverdale

Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he honoureth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation right, will I show the salvation of God."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Salvation is open to none after they die.

There are two deaths. There is physical death where a person stops breathing.

And there is destruction of the soul from which there is no recovery.

It is appointed for mortals to die once and then be judged.

Death is the penalty for sin and once that penalty is paid the debt is cleared.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are many churches, but only one body of Christ.

"And He is the head of the body, the church" (Colossians 1:18)

The body - the church. Same thing.

And again:

"I now rejoice in my sufferings for you and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ for the sake of His body, which is the church" (Colossians 1:24)

His body, which is the church.