JESUS: "Behold, I Stand At The Door And Knock" Rev. 3:20.

glorydaz

If death does not pay the penalty for sin then why did Jesus die?

Do you believe he died in vain?

"Then Peter said to them, 'Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.'" (Acts 2:38)

He died so that we could have life.

Those who reject life are losers.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Everyone must meet their Maker face to face, Jamie.

The Great White Throne looms in your future.

Your physical death doesn't mean you get to skip that part.

It seems you don't understand the resurrections.

It's not God's will that anyone should die, but it's not his choice.

If we judge ourselves correctly then we need not be judged.

glorydaz

And yet she could not find the word "adoption" in the "NT".

Just about every error in Churchianity today comes from not rightly dividing the Word of truth.

Yeah, she thinks she can choose which definition suits her fancy...which is why she runs to the Greek.

"I don't like that word, I'll find a definition of that word that works for me."

glorydaz

It seems you don't understand the resurrections.

It's not God's will that anyone should die, but it's not his choice.

If we judge ourselves correctly then we need not be judged.

An interesting job of cherry picking, but you just twisted the word of God...which does not speak well for you, Jamie.

Everything is God's choice. His choice is that those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved.

And this "judge ourselves" idea of yours..... it refers to judging on eating and drinking unworthily. Paul is not saying you will not stand before the Judgment Seat. He is not saying if you judge yourself worthy, you will be found worthy. Did you actually read the chapter you got that from?

1 Cor. 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Everything is God's choice.
"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing, therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Life is a choice.

glorydaz

He died to pay for the sins of his fellow firstfruits.

On the contrary, He tasted death for every man.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

He died for the whole human race...salvation has been provided for all. That is God's Grace.

Those who access that Grace through faith are saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.​

1 Tim. 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.​

glorydaz

"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing, therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19)

Life is a choice.

It was God's choice that man has a choice. You said God had no choice.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It was God's choice that man has a choice. You said God had no choice.

God has no choice in our decision to live or to die.

That's our decision and ours alone.

God does not intend to create another Satan.

And Satan has a choice whether he will live or die.

glorydaz

God has no choice in our decision to live or to die.

That's our decision and ours alone.

God does not intend to create another Satan.

And Satan has a choice whether he will live or die.

Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Satan made his choice when he rebelled. His fate is sealed.

God's choice is far above man's choice, so your statement is silly, at best.

It was God's decision that man was created with a a free will. That was God's choice.

So, do you have some kind of point for all this beating around the bush, or do you just like to talk about stuff?

glorydaz

The penalty for sin is death.

Satan's death will pay for his sins.

If Satan sins after his resurrection he will die again.

Same as anybody.

Really?

The wages of sin is death. There are no second chances. We're talking LAW here...not Grace, so your hopes of a second chance are all in vain.

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The wages of sin is death. There are no second chances. We're talking LAW here...not Grace

The law was based on a presumption of innocence. There had to be at least two credible witnesses for a guilty assessment.

That's law, not grace.

God would like for everyone to receive salvation either in this age or in the age to come.

glorydaz

The law was based on a presumption of innocence. There had to be at least two credible witnesses for a guilty assessment.

That's law, not grace.

God would like for everyone to receive salvation either in this age or in the age to come.

Nope, that was the Law of Moses. God doesn't need any witnesses since He sees into our hearts.

There is no salvation in the world to come. You're offering false hope. Sounds like something the enemy would do. :think:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Nope, that was the Law of Moses. God doesn't need any witnesses since He sees into our hearts.

There is no salvation in the world to come. You're offering false hope. Sounds like something the enemy would do. :think:

She confuses the jews in tribulation confused with the Body of Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no salvation in the world to come.

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him, the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day."
(John 12:48)

We will judge the unbelievers.

glorydaz

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him, the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day." (John 12:48)

We will judge the unbelievers.

You're a believer? You believe some mighty strange things, so I wouldn't count on judging anyone were I you.