It's despicable when Rs speak against other Rs

republicanchick

OK, I can't say i have never done this, said something against another R that wasn't too... uh... nice or whatever... but truth be told, usually it is not REALLY a R I criticize but a RINO

so anyway, I hate when Rs attack really good Rs...

Scott Walker is one example. Someone on Fox.. can't recall whom, but I think it was... oh never mind... don't recall perfectly... (I read the captions..)

But that person said that Walker.. .well, 2 things were said, one having to do with Walker being asked if Pres O is "Christian." I think Walker had the perfect answer, namely that he didn't know.

How the heck is someone going to know that kinda thing...? Well, now that I think about it... When people are "out there" about their Christian faith (Huckabee) you do KNOW it... so maybe Pres O is NOT remotely Christian since he is far from "out there" about it... very far from it...

Anyway, then Walker was criticized for his answer RE evolution. Frankly, off the top of my head, i can't recall his response on that one, but if it had been a really wacky one, I would definitely remember it... wouldn't I?

But in any case, he got a little negativity from other Rs (though not a lot) over his responses.

I hate that...

Reagan was right about the 11th Commandment..

For one thing, We should cede NOTHING to the enemy...

especially when you consider that the enemy is usually aligned with Satan.. (seriously... Jesus said you are either for Him or against Him)

i say Usually b/c there ARE some Dems who get it right... sometimes: McCaskill and Manchin on Keystone Pipeline, etc

They are not all... as bad as Pelosi et al.

____

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Regardless of the situation and person's involved, it takes more character to speak out against one of your own (when they are wrong on an issue) rather than to remain silent.

How often do we criticize Muslims for not speaking out against the radicals? Or Catholics, for not speaking out against their leaders who commit abuses?

This goes for other religious groups as well as the non-religious political parties who put one of their own ahead of their principles.

republicanchick

Regardless of the situation and person's involved, it takes more character to speak out against one of your own (when they are wrong on an issue) rather than to remain silent.

How often do we criticize Muslims for not speaking out against the radicals? Or Catholics, for not speaking out against their leaders who commit abuses?

This goes for other religious groups as well as the non-religious political parties who put one of their own ahead of their principles.

if a R said he was in favor of abortion, I would call him out on it and consider him a RINO

But calling someone out on saying he didn't know Pres O was Christian or not?

PLEASE

people are being beheaded and tortured and made homeless, losing their families... and we are focused on THAT?

especially focusing on it re someone in your own party... don't like it... self destructive

___

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 2

11 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

[re-publicanchick]Paul is subordinate to the Pope. Peter is the Pope.[/re-publicanchick]

republicanchick

Galatians 2

11 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

[re-publicanchick]Paul is subordinate to the Pope. Peter is the Pope.[/re-publicanchick]

I'm sick of you perfidious anti-Catholics

you agree with Luther... that the Church Christ founded was not good enough

that shows where YOU are coming from

done with that

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I showed you Paul withstanding Peter to his face. According to you, this should not happen. I am glad you caught on to my making fun of your anticipated response that completely missed the point.

:up:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
OK, I can't say i have never done this, said something against another R that wasn't too... uh... nice or whatever... but truth be told, usually it is not REALLY a R I criticize but a RINO

Scott Walker is one example. Someone on Fox.. can't recall whom, but I think it was... oh never mind... don't recall perfectly... (I read the captions..)

But that person said that Walker.. .well, 2 things were said, one having to do with Walker being asked if Pres O is "Christian." I think Walker had the perfect answer, namely that he didn't know.

How the heck is someone going to know that kinda thing...? Well, now that I think about it... When people are "out there" about their Christian faith (Huckabee) you do KNOW it... so maybe Pres O is NOT remotely Christian since he is far from "out there" about it... very far from it...

Anyway, then Walker was criticized for his answer RE evolution. Frankly, off the top of my head, i can't recall his response on that one, but if it had been a really wacky one, I would definitely remember it... wouldn't I?

But in any case, he got a little negativity from other Rs (though not a lot) over his responses.

I hate that...

especially when you consider that the enemy is usually aligned with Satan.. (seriously... Jesus said you are either for Him or against Him)

i say Usually b/c there ARE some Dems who get it right... sometimes: McCaskill and Manchin on Keystone Pipeline, etc

____

it's clear your loyalties lie with repubs, moreso than Christians or really anything else. some how you have identified SO MUCH to a political party, that your entire world view is askew - :patrol:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But calling someone out on saying he didn't know Pres O was Christian or not?

PLEASE

people are being beheaded and tortured and made homeless, losing their families... and we are focused on THAT?

Indeed ... when I started this thread, I focused on that.

Guess what ... people are being beheaded, tortured, homeless ... and unborn babies are being slaughtered in the womb.

And yet the focus was how "It's despicable when Rs speak against other Rs" ...

:think:

Morpheus

it's clear your loyalties lie with repubs, moreso than Christians or really anything else. some how you have identified SO MUCH to a political party, that your entire world view is askew - :patrol:

If someone asked me to evaluate her worldview, where most might say gullible, I would have to go with septic.

Morpheus

you agree with Luther... that the Church Christ founded was not good enough

that shows where YOU are coming from

done with that

Christ didn't found the "Catholic" church; He came to do away with the necessity of priests since He Himself is the Great High Priest, and we all have direct access to God through Him and the Spirit. So now there is no necessity for an intermediary, which was the purpose of a priesthood. Catholicism was one of the earliest attempts to return to old, eliminated rituals and a ruling hierarchy. What Christ established was His church, and they didn't call themselves Catholics; they called themselves Christians. By the time one sect came up with the name Catholic the church had already been scolded for creating divisions.

In fact Peter was not considered the head of the church even after Christ's ascension. Peter, Paul, John and the rest, whenever there was a disagreement, deferred to the church leadership in Jerusalem, and Jesus brother James headed the council there. The verses in Matthew 16 that are used by Catholics to explain how they attribute this office to Peter are mistranslated to form that conclusion. In Greek the word Petros was the name given to Simon by Jesus, and that is the name Jesus used referring to him in that passage; but then He said, "and on this rock (petras) I will build my church. Petros (masculine) means a small, unstable, movable stone, while petras (feminine) means a huge, immovable boulder or cliff. Christ is the stone of stumbling, the rock of offense, the chief cornerstone. The church is built on Christ, not movable, unstable Peter.

Even though the Catholic church prays to the dead and forms graven images, both which are explicitly forbidden in the NT, I have known several strong Christians who were Catholic. And other "denominations" each have their own flaws. And remember, the word denomination means division based on differences.

Acts 11:25,26
25 And he left for Tarsus to look for Saul; 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. And for an entire year they [ac]met with the church and taught considerable [ad]numbers; and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

http://www.trustingodamerica.com/Petra.htm

And now back to the subject.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

I hate that...

____
The fact that there is inner group conflict among Republicans today simply says that the party is being forced to undergo a huge change. Opposite points of view are just that. They indicate a healthy debate.

Word based mystic

matthew 16:16-18 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Jesus In context was referring to the (revelation) that peter just received that will build his church. peter is small rock Whereas Christ has always through scripture been the rock of salvation that an eternal kingdom will be built on.
Peter is flesh and an eternal kingdom cannot be built on anything else than Jesus Christ. Not a mere man.

Psalms 18:31
For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God
Isaiah 44:8
'Do not tremble and do not be afraid; Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it? And you are My witnesses Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none.'"

2 samuel 22:32
"For who is God, besides the LORD? And who is a rock, besides our God?

Psalm 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, And the Most High God their Redeemer

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.

zech 3:8 and 9 I am going to bring in My servant the [d]Branch. 9 For behold, the stone that I have set before Joshua; on one stone are seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave an inscription on it,’ declares the Lord of hosts, ‘and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

7 eyes 7 lampstands.

2 Samuel 23:3
"The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me, 'He who rules over men righteously,
psalms 42:9 I will say to God my rock.

Deuteronomy 32:4
"The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice

Isaiah 26:4
"Trust in the LORD forever, For in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock.

Peter is not (THE) Rock. Peter is but flesh
men being inserted between God for salvation has ceased.

Peter himself asserts this (1 Pet. 2:5). Thus, all Christians are of that holy priesthood and can offer spiritual sacrifices to God. All have the right to go directly to God through Jesus Christ, our High Priest (Heb. 4:14-16).

Revelation 1:5-6 Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father…"

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It's despicable when Rs speak against other Rs

Yeah!...Pick a side. :IA:

proper-twix.jpg