ECT It makes sense to observe God's Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, fashioning themselves into apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light. (*2 Corinthians‬ *11‬:*13-14‬ ASV)
The work of Jesus for our salvation, would we say it is finished?

In what are we justified? We are justified by faith. But we are justified by and because of the blood of Jesus Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are correct in that righteousness does not come by the Law.

See also Philippians 3:9 NASB.
It certainly does not come by faith IN Jesus Christ as your NASB says.

I believe righteousness is by the faith OF Jesus Christ!

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

See also Romans 3:21-22 KJV Make sure you read from the KJB or you'll run into the same problem with the NASB switching whose faith it comes from.

csuguy

I've posted your direct quotes from what Paul said and you've ignored them or are trying to neutralize them with other Scriptures, including his own. That's because first and foremost you're a leftist, and as a leftist you're happy with a postmodern Mexican Standoff with God's Word, as if it were merely a philosophy or history textbook over which people could argue varying interpretations and never be sure in the end which one is right. That is your element; it is not mine. The Bible is the Voice of God to man. We either believe that or we do not. I treat it as such. You do not. Our discussion ends here...but before you go off and say "See? Another MAD ends an argument because he won't address the Bible!" you are the one who seeks to reduce the Bible to a mere book with no absolute, knowable truths. Your post above proves it.

I have never treated it as a text over which we cannot be sure of the interpretation; I am quite confident in mine - and I have demonstrated the errors of yours through the scriptures; even Paul's own words - whom you favor over all others. You are reading ideas into my post which simply aren't there - and for the purpose of running away no less.

Also - I am not "first and foremost a leftist" - I am first and foremost a Christian. I would put "none" for my political stance, but it won't let me. I'm not really that interested in politics - both sides are corrupt and untrustworthy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course they did, it was corrupt.
Do you believe they were saved?

Those with faith are saved and born again as we understand it now?

We are saved by faith the same way as OT saints, in and by Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It certainly does not come by faith IN Jesus Christ as your NASB says.

I believe righteousness is by the faith OF Jesus Christ!

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

See also Romans 3:21-22 KJV Make sure you read from the KJB or you'll run into the same problem with the NASB switching whose faith it comes from.
I know it is possible for people other than Jesus to have faith. Our faith is in God. If a person trusts Jesus does that mean they have faith in Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't know enough, and you spread false doctrine because of it.
You are incorrect. It is not about how much you know but about what is accurate and true.

I have been studying the Bible and what Jesus teaches since I was a child.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are incorrect. It is not about how much you know but about what is accurate and true.

Of course it is. If you don't know what Jesus teaches how can you talk about His doctrine?

You claim to be a Christian. Christianity is all about Jesus and His teaching.

You are in a humongous mess.

I am done with you again.

good day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course it is. If you don't know what Jesus teaches how can you talk about His doctrine?

You claim to be a Christian. Christianity is all about Jesus and His teaching.

You are in a humongous mess.

I am done with you again.

good day.
I do know what Jesus teaches. But you do not recognize it.

It was nice talking to you. Shalom.

csuguy

The key to understanding the Law as it pertains to the New Covenant is to understand the distinction between the Mosaic Law and God's Law, between the Letter of the Law and the Spirit.

A gentile believer need not put themselves under the Mosaic Law; but they are under God's Law. The Mosaic Law is holy - distinguishing right from wrong. However, the feasts, sacrifices, etc. became an abomination to the Lord - for the people did them without understanding and with the wrong heart. They didn't understand that God doesn't want sacrifice - but for us to do what is right.

God's Law is the Spirit of the Law; it is the principles and values of God. To love by God's Law is to do God's will.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The key to understanding the Law as it pertains to the New Covenant is to understand the distinction between the Mosaic Law and God's Law, between the Letter of the Law and the Spirit.

A gentile believer need not put themselves under the Mosaic Law; but they are under God's Law. The Mosaic Law is holy - distinguishing right from wrong. However, the feasts, sacrifices, etc. became an abomination to the Lord - for the people did them without understanding and with the wrong heart. They didn't understand that God doesn't want sacrifice - but for us to do what is right.

God's Law is the Spirit of the Law; it is the principles and values of God. To love by God's Law is to do God's will.
The Mosaic Law IS God's Law.

What other law do you think Jesus was referring to in the New Testament writings? The Mosaic Law, God Law, is about love of God and love of your neighbor.

csuguy

The Mosaic Law IS God's Law.

What other law do you think Jesus was referring to in the New Testament writings? The Mosaic Law, God Law, is about love of God and love of your neighbor.

The point of distinction lies in the letter of the Law vs the Spirit of the Law. To live by God's Law is to understand and live by God's values and principles. Then there is the letter of the Law; the Mosaic Law. If you are under it then you must follow it to the letter; and it includes far more than simply moral laws. It includes a wide array of customs and traditions. Everything from what and how you eat to what you wear has guidelines.

It is true, by studying the Mosaic Law one may find God's Law. But thinking of the Mosaic Law simply as a list of do's and dont's does not equate to God's Law - it even displeases God. What matters to God is one's heart - if that isn't in the right place then you cannot please God.

Isaiah 1:10-15 Hear the word of the Lord, you rulers of Sodom; listen to the instruction of our God, you people of Gomorrah! 11 “The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the Lord. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. 12 When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? 13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations— I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. 14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. 15 When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The point of distinction lies in the letter of the Law vs the Spirit of the Law. To live by God's Law is to understand and live by God's values and principles. Then there is the letter of the Law; the Mosaic Law. If you are under it then you must follow it to the letter; and it includes far more than simply moral laws. It includes a wide array of customs and traditions. Everything from what and how you eat to what you wear has guidelines.

It is true, by studying the Mosaic Law one may find God's Law. But blindly following the Mosaic Law as a list of do's and dont's does not equate to God's Law - it even displeases God.

Isaiah 1:10-15 Hear the word of the Lord, you rulers of Sodom; listen to the instruction of our God, you people of Gomorrah! 11 “The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the Lord. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. 12 When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? 13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations— I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. 14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. 15 When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!​
All of God's Law is moral. God is the moral law giver and the law He gave is moral. You are just talking about things you don't like.

Every part of the law is important, ever letter.

You are speaking of the Spirit of the Law or rather the spirit of the Law as compared with the letter. It is only man's letters, not the scriptures, that people go astray from the truth on.

It is wrong to say that there is the Law of Moses and then there is a different Law that is God's Law instead of the Law of Moses being God's Law.

Understand the intent of the Law. Understand that about which the Law speaks. Don't discard God's Law in order to find out what God's Law says.

If you live by the Spirit you are not under the Law. But this somehow does not mean you are disobedient.